Chapter 15

Blood Lines
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaehyun looked at Sohee and smirked. “Miss me?”

“Oppa!” she ran into his arms as he swung her around in a circle. The other boys relaxed.

“I haven’t seen you in forever.” Kris said with a smile after Jaehyun put Sohee down. Kris and him exchanged a bro hug, along with the other boys.

“You’re not coming for us by any chance are you?” Luhan asked teasingly.

Jaehyun rolled his eyes with a cocky smile. “Trust me, if I was coming after you guys you wouldn't even stand a chance.”

“Oh, really? Want to test that out?” Luha challenged.

“Oh bring it on pretty boy.” He smirked. Jaehyun was Sohee’s close friend back at the palace. His father was the head butler at the palace and he lived in the palace along with his father. He was also able to attend the Vampire Royal Academy as a thanks from the royal family to his dad. Needless to say like Sohee, he was bullied as well. To the other students, he was a commoner that just got lucky to get into their school. Therefore, he always looked out for her because he knew what it was like.  He was 5 years older than Sohee and the rest of the boys. After graduating he joined the Vampire Royal Forces and became their number one hunter. His job included taking in wanted prisoners, and tracking down and killing rogue vampires, on top of protecting the royal family and nobles.

Jaehyun looked over at Sehun, who was the last to approach him. He bowed. “Your highness.”

Sehun smiled and gave him a brotherly hug. “I miss you hyung.” Jaehyun smiled and returned the hug.

“YAH! HAS EVERYONE FORGOTTEN ABOUT ME?! I’M STILL FROZEN HERE!” Chen yelled out from the other side. The others just realized it now and laughed.

“Sorry man. I forgot about you.” Jaehyun laughed and let him go. Shadow manipulation was Jaehyun’s power. He was able to control you with the use of your shadow. As long as there is a shadow he can use it against you. He had used Chen's shadow to immobolized him. 

Chen grumbled.

“Lets go inside.” Sohee said and hooked her arms around Jaehyun’s as she led him into their house. Sehun watched the two and pouted.

Luhan laughed and swung an arm over his shoulder. “Chill maknae. We all know how important Jaehyun is to Sohee. He’s like her older brother. You know that. Don’t get jealous now.” he teased.

Sehun sighed. “I know. Let’s go in.” 

“So mind telling us why you’re here?” Tao asked as they were now sitting around in the vampire’s game room.

Jaehyun took a sip of his blood that they had given him. “I’m sure you’ve heard about the killings right?”

“We have.” Sehun replied. “You’re here for that aren’t you?”  

Jaehyun nodded. “Initially, my mission was to find you guys. But since the killings have started I was asked to figure it out as well. I just came from a town not too far from here. I was too late and missed them. When I arrived the girl was already dead.”

"Not that you found us...what are you going to do?" Lay asked. 

"Well since my main mission was to find you, and now that I have, I will have to turn you all in to the King."

The group was silent. Jaehyun then chuckled. “Chill, its not like I’m going to turn you guys in. who was the one who helped you all escaped in the first place?” Jaehyun was the one who helped them escape. He was the one who released Sohee from prison and distracted the guards so that they could leave. They wouldn’t have been able to do it without him.

“We know.” Sohee reached for his hand and gave him a thankful squeeze. Jaehyun smiled back at them.

“How is it?” Sehun asked softly. “How’s our home?” As Prince he still felt an obligation towards his people. 

Jaehyun sat back on the couch and sighed. “Well for starters when news came out that the Crown Prince had ran away with a hybrid, and that not one but all 6 of the noble family’s sons left as well…. well you can already imagine the chaos. The King was furious. He demanded all routes locked down to find you guys. He also sent out royal guards and trackers out to find you all. The Queen was pretty heart broken when you left my Prince.”

Sohee’s heart constricted hearing this. She looked over at Sehun to see the frown on his face. She reached her hand over and held his. He looked at her and pulled her closer to kiss her temple.

“She didn’t eat or feed for a week. The King was finally able to get her to start eating and feeding again after a week. Your parents were the same.” He looked at the other boys. “At first they thought you all were going to come back after a week or two. But then you guys were gone for a lot longer. They blamed Sohee. The King also declared…” Jaehyun looked sadly at Sohee. She looked at him. “The King also declared for your death Sohee.” He said softly.

“WHAT?!” Tao exclaimed.

Jaehyun bit his lip. “He declared a reward to whoever find you guys, and an even bigger reward to get Sohee. He wants her alive to…to….to kill her himself.” he said the last part sadly. The boys were all shock. They knew Sohee was sentenced to death before but now the King wanted to kill her with his own hands. They looked over at Sohee who looked like she was trying to hold in her tears and Sehun who looked furious and sad at the same time. They couldn’t even begin to think what they would do if their own dad would want to kill their love. Sehun held Sohee closer to him. No one will tear us apart, I promise.

Jaehyun clapped his hands together. “But you all don’t need to worry about it.” He smiled. “I am the head of this mission and I’ll say I haven’t seen you guys. I’ll lead the others away from this area, don’t worry.” 

“Thank you hyung.” Lay said thankfully. Jaehyun waved his hand saying it was no big deal.

“But if its ok with you guys, I would like to stay for a couple days and investigate the killings. They haven’t reached here yet so I want to investigate and stakeout just in case.”

“its not problem at all.” Kris replied. “Our place has more than enough rooms and space. Stay as long as you want. I’m sure Sohee would be happy that you’re staying.”

“Sohee?” Jaehyun asked.

Sohee untangled herself from Sehun and smiled. “Of course oppa. Stay as long as you want. Stay forever if you like as well.”

Jaehyun chuckled and went over to hug her. This girl. She did nothing wrong. Its not a crime to fall in love. She doesn’t deserve all this. 

A little girl was wandering around the woods alone. She was hungry and she had nowhere to go. She walked slowly until she heard crying. She stopped and looked around trying to figure out where the crying was coming from.  

“Hello?” she called out softly. No reply, but the crying continued. “Hello? Is anyone there?” she asked a little louder than before. She heard sniffling and walked towards the sounds. As she made her way closer she noticed a little boy crying sitting underneath a big tree.

“Are you ok?” she asked softly when she gotten closer to the boy. He turned around and wiped his tears with one arm.

“I’m lost.” He pouted and tears fell again. “I lost my mommy and daddy and my arm hurts.”

The little girl sat down next to him and saw his bleeding arm. He must have hurt it. Her eyes flashed red. She was hungry and the dripping of his blood was taunting her. She shook her head. No mommy and daddy said I can’t harm people. She thought to herself.

They boy wiped his tears and looked at the girl. “Where’s your mommy and daddy?” he asked.

The little girl frowned. “They’re not here either.” She said sadly.

“Are you lost too?” he asked. The little girl nodded. Then a growl was heard. The little boy looked at the girl.

“Are you hungry?” he asked.

The little girl was embarrassed but nodded. The little boy turned to his right

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter