Epilogue 1

Wedding Singer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soojung’s POV

Gahhh…. This long journey to San Francisco is quite exhausting but it’s never felt so peaceful like the one that I used to have… Why? Well because there’s this certain dork that keep me in company and her with me right now is something that I’ve been longed before… But one thing that make me a bit worried right now, will my family be okay with everything? I know how open minded daddy and mom is, but I can’t help to be afraid if suddenly they don’t like the idea of me together with Amber… Daddy might be okay based on how they interact last time, but mom… She’s a hard nut to crack and very, I mean very protective to her daughter… Even Jessica unnie relationship almost went down because of her if not because of Yuri and Jessica unnie determination to fight for their relationship…

“Earth to princess~” I was brought down to earth from my faraway imagination as she snapped her finger few times… I just smile lovingly to her…

“Helloo?? Are you even my princess?? Why are you so quiet?? Give me back my princess…” She cupped my face as she gently turn my head left to right… Stupid dork…always love to tease me…

“Dork!!”

“Hahahaha… What are you thinking?? You don’t even answer what my question is…” She pouted her lips... Damn, she always like this… I cupped her face and peck her lips… When I pull back, I saw how she was affected with my sudden act and scratch her own neck… Nervous huh?? Teehee….

“Urrrr….Arrrr…..Hmmmm…”

“What’s wrong? Just learning how to spell??” I playfully wink at her

“Pfttt…Damn you… You really got me speechless…”

“Hey… You shouldn’t be cursing at your girlfriend, should you?” I crossed my arm and pouted at her as she scratch her head again…

“Yea I know…I shouldn’t do that… sorry princess… But still, you need to answer my question…”

“Fine… What is it that you wanna ask??” She leaned closer to my ears and whispers...

“Right this moment, do you…. wear matching lingeries??”

“WHAT?!” I probably shout at her louder than I should because right now I’ve gained the attention from everyone in the coach section… Ughhh damn you Amber!! I smack her shoulder few times as she still trying her best to suppress her laugh…

“You… Stupid!”

“I’m sorry princess… I didn’t mean to make you shout like that… But you tease me just now, so a little revenge won’t hurt right?? But still, do you wear matching lingerie?” She slyly smirked at me… Ughh, when did she become this ert??

“I don’t want to answer that, stupid ert...”

“Awww princess… Pleaseee…”

“NO!”

“Ara ara…”

“Hey Am…”

“Yes princess??”

“Are you ready to meet my family?”

“Well, I must ready myself no matter what… Besides that, dad is a fond of me…”

“Heh… That one I’m sure, but how about my mom? You think you can win her heart?”

“Well, we’ll never know… I believe that she will accept me princess… By hook or by crook, I’m going to make sure she will accept me no matter what…”

“Wow… I never thought you can be cocky sometimes, servant…” She just laugh at me

“Well, I can be anything for you…” She pinch my cheek softly that cause me to blush madly…Ugh… Why am I like this?!!

“Awww… My princess is blushing…”

“Shut up!!” I slap her shoulder as she continue to shudders, holding her laughter… And the long hours of traveling to San Francisco didn’t affect me that much as this dork beside me keep entertaining me with her stories… When we safely arrived at San Francisco Airport, my heart start to beat at incredible speed… Will it be okay? I need to think positive… Come on Soojung! Think positive!!

“Princess… Are you okay?”

“Huh??”

“You’ve been on your own world since we arrived…”

“Aaa… I’m sorry about that Am… I was thinking of something….”

“About your family acceptance?”

“Yea….”

“Don’t worry… We’re gonna make it…”

“I hope so….”

“Come on! Have some faith with your servant!”

“Heh… Arasso my stupid servant…” She just laugh at me… One thing that I love about her is whenever I see her smile or laugh, it give me the tingle of happiness… Her smile and laugh is a contagious one, it make me wanna smile and laugh whenever I see hers…

“Princess…. Dad just called me… They are waiting outside...” Oh my god!!! They are here already!! My heart start to beat faster again…

“It’s gonna be fine princess…” She brush my thumb lightly, soothing the invisible storm that I felt right now… We walk out from the arriving hall and search for my family…

“Soojungie!!!!” I immediately turn and run toward the owner of the voice…

“Mom!! I miss you!!” I hug her like I’ve haven’t seen her for years…. How I miss to hug her…

“I miss you too my little one…”

“Awww… You didn’t miss your daddy here…” Daddy was standing beside mom, holding baby Jules…

“Heee… I miss you too daddy…” I hug both of them for a while before I realize that I haven’t introduce Amber properly to them, especially mom…

“Urhh….. Mom, Daddy… I haven’t introduce someone properly… Daddy know her but I’m still going to introduce her to both of you… This is Amber J Liu…. She is….”

“You must be tired right now Soojung… Why don’t you get some rest first?” I frown a bit when mom don’t even bother to let me finish my sentences… I look at Amber as she just mouthed ‘it’s okay’ and smile reassuringly to me… We went inside Daddy’s Hummer and we sit at the back awkwardly as I saw mom’s eyes keep on looking at us via rear mirror even though baby Jules keep on seeking for her attention…

“How’s your flight Soojung, Amber??” Daddy tried to ease the awkwardness that we felt…

“It was fine dad... There’s a moment it went shaky but all is well”

“Dad??” Mom arched her brows as she repeat what Amber called Daddy…

“Aaaa… I’m the one who tell her to call me dad, honey… Why?”

“Oh…Nothing….” I don’t know why, but mom kinda give some scary vibe right now… It’s like when you watch horror movie, the moment before the jump scare make your heart beat crazily… Oh god, I’m scared of her right now!!! The ride felt so quiet even though there’s music from the radio that are playing…. It’s like we are on our way to enter Silent Hill….

‘You watch too much horror movies Soojung…’

Shut up brainy!! You are not helping me to calm down!!

“Hey you okay??” Amber whisper to me

“I’m okay… you okay?”

“Safe and sound” She smile brightly at me…

“Hehehe…Dork” I pinch her cheek and giggling watching her pouting but I stop doing it when I heard a light, fake cough from mom that cause us to distance ourselves a bit… Again, the atmosphere tensed like there’s someone been killed in here…

‘Okay Soojung, you need to stop...’ Alright alright, why my brain is so saint…

‘Because you’ll tend to overthink when you’re stressed up’

 Ughhh… Fine… It’s true and I can’t argue about it… 20 minutes journey to my home feel like few hours watching horror movie…Arghhh I should stop to overthink right now…

“Princess… We have arrived… Are you okay? You look pale…” Amber gently squeeze my shoulder as she brought me back to the fact that it is only us in the car…

“I’m fine Am… maybe because of the long journey… Where’s my parent??”

“They already gone to the house because baby Jules been crying for food…hehehe…Well you should get some rest princess...”

“But you will be alone then…”

“Don’t worry… Your dad is here if you’re afraid that your mom gonna skin me alive…”

“Heh…Stupid….”

“Your one and only…”

“Hey Am… do you think it’s gonna be okay??”

“Don’t worry princess.. Everything gonna be fine… Besides that, I have this charm…” She show me the bracelet that I give her...

“Wow.. This is the first time that I saw you wearing it…”

“Well, I’ve worn it before but you probably didn’t notice it…”

“When??”

“Eric’s birthday…” I fell silence after that… because that was the day that I told them about my wedding…

“I’m sorry…”

“Don’t be… What matters now that you are here with me” She cupped my face… just when I’m near to kiss her, the window was tapped few times, causing us to startle and distance ourselves just to see my sister smiling brightly… Really?? Can she not destroying our limited sweet times? >< I lower the window and glare at her…

“What??” she just chuckle with it….

“Soojungie… come out now… Your unnie missing you bad…”

“I don’t want… You just ruined my romantic time with Amber here”

“Well, you won’t get any romantic time if I tell mom and daddy that you both doing y thingy in their favorite car” She snickers at me… Why she always do this to me… -_-

“Ughhh…Fine!” I open the door and hop out as she just smile smugly at me…

“Unnie miss you… Sorry that I interrupt your moment just now…” My anger melt as unnie hug me tightly…

“I missed you too unnie… It’s okay… we’re just…uhhh… comforting each other…” She release me from her hug as she look at Amber who just stand there nervously…

“So this is Amber??” She put up her façade and shoot her icy glare to Amber… I can see that she’s a bit unease with unnie’s glare but knowing how playful my unnie is, I know she’s just messing Amber’s mind…

“Uhh…yes.. I am

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter