Chapter 19

Wedding Singer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Krystal’s POV

“Hello Daddy? Are you OK??” I ask him worriedly. He rarely call me even if we’re apart like this… The one who usually call me is mommy and unnie, so whenever he’s the one who call me, I’m worried there might be something bad happen to my family… he remain silent for a while before I heard… his laugh??

“Hahahaha Soojung-ah.. Why you sound so worried?? I’m always OK.. I’m a good fighter, did you forget??” I heaved a relieve sigh as I hear him still chuckle at the other line

“Thank god.. I thought something bad happen to you or mom or unnie…Since you rarely call me, of course it make me worry when you suddenly call me daddy..”

“Well.. Am I not allowed to call my little princess?? It’s been a while since we talk on the phone and we haven’t see each other for months now.. I miss you my lil’ princess”

I just smile when I hear his reason. Well, my father is not the kind of who show their affection frequently and verbally, but his action speak louder than word and it’s already enough for me to know how much he love his family. I find it kinda cute for my daddy to admit something like this…

“Well.. I miss you too daddy… I wish you’re here with me… I wish mommy and unnie is here too.. I miss our family so much..” I can feel my tears start formed in my eyes.

“Well…about that… Actually… I’m already here Soojung-ah” I widen my eyes in surprise… What?! He’s here and he didn’t tell me anything?!

“What??!! Where are you now daddy?? Why you didn’t tell me you’re coming!” I shouted excitedly at him… I miss my family so much, so the news that my daddy is here is exciting me

“Soojung-ah… your shout can deafened me in any second you know.. Well, I’m actually at your house right now but judging from your house locked from the outside, you’re not here… Now that make me curious, where is your current location right now, lil’ princess??” my daddy had change to one of his detective mood… Uh Oh.. prepare to answer countless question from detective Jung..

“Well.. I’m at my friend house right now and we’re on our way out to settle some stuff regarding my wedding daddy…” I hope he buy my reason, please daddy…

“And who’s this your friend lil princess?? May I know who is he or she?? ” or maybe not… Like I said, it’s not easy to avoid detective Jung’s questions ... I look at Amber and she just signal me to give her my phone, I put the phone on loudspeaker mode when she start to talk to my daddy.

“Hello Uncle Jung.. This is Amber J. Liu.. I’m princess..uhh.. Krystal’s friend. I ask her to spend the night with me last night since it’s already late for me to take her home and it will be dangerous for her to be alone since it’s already late at that time. If Uncle Jung want to join us, we can pick you up after this” I gasped at her offer to my daddy Jung… well it’s not a bad offer, but I hope Amber is ready to receive multiple questions from daddy… We went to my house and I see daddy is sitting on the swing in front of my house. Amber open my door and I immediately hop out before I run to him and he hug me tightly…

“I miss you daddy!!! Why you didn’t tell me earlier that you’re coming?! You make me worried you know!!” I punch his chest multiple time and he just chuckle as he caressed my hair... Luckily he’s a MMA instructor, so he can withstand my brutal punches…

“Ughh… My lil’ princess is getting stronger nowadays…hehehe.. Well, I miss you too Soojung-ah… And about that, well… it’s a surprise??hahaha” how I miss to hear his laughter.. I hug him back to refill the family vibe that I’ve been missing since I come here…

“Hey hey… Why are you crying??” I didn’t notice that I had dampened his shirt with my tears until he ask me

“Nothing daddy.. I just miss you so much…”

“Awww… only me?? Your mommy and unnie won’t like to hear that” and both of us just chuckle..

“Well.. I miss everyone daddy… I even miss the handsome Dean” Who’s Dean?? Well, Dean is our family dog back in San Francisco and he was named after the cool actor, James Dean…

“They miss you too Soojung-ah.. That is one of the reason why I come here, because they want to me to see how’s your life here… Ehem... so don’t you want to introduce your friend to me?? He’s been standing there for a while” he pointed at Amber..

“Well daddy.. First of all, it’s a she.. Her name is Amber… I will call her here… Amber! Come here..” I wave my hand and signal her to come closer.. She walk toward us and bowed 90 degrees to my daddy… really dork??

“Ahh.. Hello uncle Jung.. I’m Amber J. Liu.. I’m one of Krystal’s friends here… I’m the one who talk to you on the phone” she didn’t even dare to look at my father eyes… well, I can’t help it, even Kai don’t have the courage to look at my father directly in the eyes… my father eyed her from head to toes with his serious look.. Suddenly daddy start to crack his knuckle and swing his right hand few times.. Daddy, are you mad?? I look at both of them nervously

Amber’s POV

OH MY GOD!! He’s cracking his knuckle. Is this the dead of me?? Not enough with the fact that I’m dying everyday seeing his daughter to be happy with someone else, now I’m going to die for real at the hand of her dad??

‘Rest in pieces Amber.. I mean peace’ really brainy, you’ll die too if I die

‘Well, I’m just a piece of your thought.. I won’t die’ yea yea.. whatever brainy

He swing his right hand again for few times before he crack his neck to the left and right. He ready his hand and start to swing at me.. I close my eyes tightly and get ready with the impact

Daddy Jung’s POV

“Ahh.. Hello uncle Jung.. I’m Amber J. Liu.. I’m one of Krystal’s friends here… I’m the one who talk to you on the phone” she greet me.. I look at her from head to toes repeatedly... I can feel my daughter start to eyeing me worriedly… maybe she was worried that I’m judging her because of her boyish attitude and clothes… Well, I’m not judging her, I’m just teasing both of them. There’s a reason why I was called the king of pranks back when I was young kekeke… I should tease them more. I start to crack my knuckle up and swing my hand as if I’m warming up to punch her and I can see both of them look at me with a surprise look… I crack my neck to the left and right before I swing my hand in front of her and to my surprise, Soojung grip my hand…

“Daddy.. What are you doing?” She’s looking at me sternly as her grip on my hand tighten.. I look at her and I can see that she’s trying to signal something … like if you punch her I won’t hesitate to punch you back… I can’t help to notice there’s something in her eyes... maybe worried or maybe…..

I snatched my hand away from her and she was shocked with my sudden action… I look at both of them with my stern face… I think I should stop teasing them as I can’t help it anymore.. I ended up bursting in front of them

“HAHAHAHA… This is funny!!!” I’m still laughing as both of them look at me confusedly… as my laugh start slow a bit, I explain to them…

“Soojung-ah.. I’m just playing around… I want to prank her, but you ruined my prank by gripping my hand.. aishhh”

“Yahh daddy!! Don’t do that again! I was scared already when you start to crack your knuckle” she punch my chest again.. Ugh… Even as a MMA instructor, her punches sting your muscle, that you wish it didn’t tore your muscle apart. She just chuckle looking at my interaction with my daughter. I look at her and our eyes meet for a while before she look down again… what a shy girl

“Nice to meet you Amber.. I’m Krystal’s father, you can call me uncle Jung..” I shake her hand..hmm.. her hand grip is firm but gentle..

“Amber.. Do you learn martial art before?”

“Yes uncle Jung.. I learn Karate and Taekwondo before but I guess my skills is no longer good as before” she chuckle as she sc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter