Chapter 14

Wedding Singer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Amber’s POV

I’m in love with Krystal Jung Soojung. I don’t know when and why, but I know I felt those spark even when we just met. I don’t know how it happen, but her just being herself is what attract me more to her. The way she care for me, the way she talk to me, the way she smile to me, the way she pout at me, somewhere along the line, I fall in love with her. Not only with her beauty and advantages, but also her flaws that she only show to someone she’s comfortable with. I slump my body to my bed as I remembered back what happen yesterday.

“Meet Kai, my fiancée…and my future husband” her words still linger in my mind. I can’t help myself but to replay what she say yesterday. What am I expecting from her anyways? She had a fiancée long before I break up with Ellin, so it’s normal for her want to get married. I don’t know what’s wrong with me… Maybe I just hope she will marry someone else besides that jerk. Well, he’s quite a jerk when I first met him.

-flashback-

“Hello everyone. My name is Kai. I’m Soojung’s fiancée.” He greet all of us. I just stare at them blankly. I can’t describe what kind of feeling I feel at that time, sad, disappointed and all negative feeling reside in my mind.

“Hey Am, you ok?” She snapped her finger in front of me and I just nodded and smile weakly to both of us.

“Am?? Amber J. Liu?” he ask me. I just nodded weakly to him.

“So you’re the one!” he chuckled as he said that. What is he talking about?

“What do you mean I’m the one??” I ask him confusedly

“Well rumor has it where the famous Amber J. Liu was dumped by her long-time fiancée because she was just a wedding singer with low income” I can feel my anger start to resides in my head. If he was not someone important to her, I’ll just smash his face at the table.

“Kai! Stop it!” She glared at him and he just chuckled more. She loosen his grip on her waist

“Sorry hon. She was a hot topic when I met my friend before. We even try to speculate why her fiancée dump her..heh” I can feel all my friend eyes start to pierce looking at him only. Really dude?? Is someone misery is just a game for you?

“Well.. I never thought that I was a game for some people” I said to him sternly. I know my tears start to well up in my eyes and suddenly I feel a hand hugging my shoulder

“Yo dude. That’s not how to speak to our friend here” I look and see Minho defend me from him

“And who are you?” he ask Minho

“I’m Minho. Her brother from the other mother” He patted my shoulder as he said that to him

“Oh.. Choi Minho. The heartbroken playboy? I heard a lot about you too you know. Never thought I meet two ‘legend’ here..” He chuckled more. Damn, he touch that sensitive matter. I know how much Minho want to avoid that topic. I can feel Minho grip tighten at my shoulder.

“Enough Kai! WHAT’S WITH THAT KIND OF ATTITUDE?!” she say sternly to him. I can see his face reddened. “Whatever. I need to make a call for my business.. Please excuse me” he went out and speak on his phone. I can see that Krystal is embarrassed with Kai attitude.

“I’m sorry to both of you, Am and Minho. I know he’s kinda cocky, but he’s good as you know him longer. And I’m sorry for everyone here who witness his rudeness” she bow her head to all of us

“It’s okay Soojung. I believe what he heard is just a rumor, even though my part is kinda true” I try to crack a joke to them and they smile weakly.

“I’m sorry once again to all of you. I hope each of you can come to our wedding later” what?? She’s getting married already?

“Wh..When will you get married?” I ask her hesitantly.

“Emm..  Two months from now” she smile sheepily as she told us. So she will become that guy’s wife two months from now? I can feel my heart crumble more as this truth struck me. All of our friend start to congratulate her. Minho patted my shoulder gently and smile worriedly to me. He knew about my feeling? Well, he’s my brother indeed.

“Wow.. cong…ratulations” I smile at her as she nodded.

“Actually I want to get married next month, but he insisted that he’s busy next month, so we had to postpone it to another month. I hope all of you can attend since the ceremony will be held here” she said eagerly to us. Deep down in my heart, I hope all of this is just a dream so I can wake up and joke around her like usual.

‘ This is the truth Am.. you have to accept it’ How can I accept it brainy… she mend my heart, she mend every pieces of it and just when I start to believe in love again, my heart crushed again.

‘You can’t blame her, you know she had fiancée long before she know you’ yeah.. you’re right. She just come to mend my broken heart and soul as a friend, nothing more and nothing less. I can’t expect her to return my feeling. But why it should be that jerk?

-end of flashback-

I stared blankly at the ceiling. How can I confront her now? Can I just smile at her wedding when I know I love her? I know I can’t but what excuses can I give her to not attend her wedding? Arghh!! This is so confusing!!

🎶Darlin’ you are, the only exception,

You are, the only exception🎶

I know it’s her who is calling me, but I don’t have the strength to pick it up. Her assigned ringtone play again. I leave a heavy sigh before I pick it up

“Hey Am.. are you busy?”

“Not really.. what’s up?” I speak weakly to her

“Are you okay? You sound sick” Yes I am. I’m falling in love with you and it’s not good for my heart

“I’m fine. Just a bit dizzy. Why you call?” I try to speak naturally to her

“Em.. I know it’s kinda silly and you had quit your job, but can I ask you a favor?” Somehow I don’t like what kind of favor she’s gonna ask

“Spill out the bean Soojung”

“Can you become my wedding singer? Kai and I would be honor if you could do it” What the.. I thought I could escape from her wedding. Now, not only I had to attend their wedding, but I will also serenading both of them with love song. Oh God, why this happen to me?? Should I accept it? I don’t know!!

“I don’t know Soojung. You know why I quit being a wedding singer and the thought of it is still hurtful” I lie. It is hurtful not because of you know who, but because I had to look at someone that I start to love getting married in front of me

“I know… but if you ever changed your mind, please tell me. I’m sorry Am” I feel guilty with what I had said. She done nothing wrong for me to turn down her wish, but this heart of mine keep on aching with the thought of singing in her wedding

“It’s Ok.. I will consider it. I had something to do now. Sorry”

“OK Am. Sorry for disturbing you, goodbye Am”

“Goodbye Soojung” I hung up the phone immediately after I bid goodbye to her. What should I do?? Should I just accept it, even though I know my heart and world will crumble with it?? The situation is almost t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter