The D returns to the G

Always You and I
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I chose the song Long Time No See by Ikon as the theme for this chapter.

The thought of seeing you again, it makes me excited

I’m so used to calling your name, I talk about you all day

I ran all the way, baby, hold on just a bit more

On the other side of my memory, you were waiting

I now stand before you ooh yeah

Long time no see

How have you been

You’ve waited too long

I won’t go anywhere, baby don’t worry

Long time no see

__________________________________________________

Daras' POV

"Hello Jiyong." I could not continue I started crying. I felt my whole world collapsing before me and if I say one more word I would lose my sanity.

"Hello Sandy, did you hear the news about our (YB and I) song hitting number one in the music charts here? Wow I am so happy I wish you were here to celebrate with us. Wow it felt like everything that we worked for was worth it." he was cheerfully chatting the way he normally does whenever they talk to each other on the phone. Eversince I left Korea Jiyong has been the link between YG Entertainment and her. No matter how busy or tired he is, Jiyong always makes it a point to call her once a week and message her via Me2Day messenger. And although she finds comfort in his calls this is one of those days in the last couple of months that seem too difficult for her to handle.

"I'm happy for you." And as her tears started to pour she can't help but sob quietly.

"Thanks Sandy, huh, but wait are you crying? Sandy...Sandy are you crying? I can hear you sobbing."

"(Sniff Sniff) Ahhhh nooo I..I..am not crying . "

"Yes you were just now you are crying, tell me what's wrong?"

"It's okey Ji I don't want to burden you with my problem." (Sniff Sniff Sniff) I tried to hide her tears but somehow his news made me feel so much more unworthy of his call.

"No! Didn't we promise to be there for each other always? And I won't be able to sleep if you won't tell me what is wrong with you."

"Please Sandy don't hide this from me...I cannot function well knowing you are suffering out there."

"I..My...We...", how can he care this much for her when I was the one who left him? Still... it feels wonderful to have someone who will listen...

"It's alright I will wait until you are ready but don't put down the phone I need to hear you..."

"Ji my dad left...huhuhu...us for another woman...huhuhu...he....he...took everything that I have saved from my earnings here..We have nothing...I do not know what to do..huhuhuhu", I cried until I am almost out of breath. The pain is just too much to bear alone especially because I have to look strong in front of my siblings and my mom who solely relies on me.

"What???  Why???  How can I help?" he said shocked in disbelief.

"How can he do that to his family?" He sounded more hurt than I. 

"Ahh this is so difficult I wish I can be there with you." I heard him impatiently pacing the room trying to find a word that will make me feel better.

"I..don't.. know Ji...huhuhu. And... and... the studio I am working for has stopped giving me assignments lately", I took a deep breath in order to temporarily halt the tears that doesn't seem to stop falling. I feel so terrible about the whole thing and embarrassed that I am tellling the whole thing to Ji - but he is the only one who is willing to listen. I have no other choice.

Author's POV

"Why don't you comeback here Sandy I will help you - hell I will support you if need be! Please come back here I cannot allow you to suffer that way. Now that I can afford to help you I will. Please come back here." He will only feel comfortable if he sees that she is safe and within his reach - Philippines is too far away and he is not sure how he can help her there. It is so unlike in Korea where he has more influence. He is racking his brains for an answer - for something Sandy can hold on to.

"Ji stop that! I cannot burden you with my problems it would not be fair to you. I...cannot accept something that I did not work for. Besides..we...we are just friends." Although she felt more than that - their relationship has remained vague in the past couple of months. She cannot make him suffer in her place.

"You know very well you mean more than that for me - right? You are a part of my life and I cannot just seat and watch while you suffer. No...no Sandy I can't let that happen" all he wants to do is to run to her right now and embrace her hoping it will wash away the pain she is suffering from.He feels so bad that he was thinking of flying to the Philippines tomorrow. And yet he remembered their schedule and it was so tight that it would take him months to even have a day off. What can he do?...

Suddenly he came up with an idea but he needs to arrange it in Korea first before he can discuss it with Sandy.

"Wait there is still one more option, I will work on it but Sandy please promise me that you will not do anything drastic. Take care of yourself and I will get in touch with you the soonest possible time okey? Do you trust me?"

"Ji don't do anything that will put your position in a bad light. You are now a Kpop artist on the rise  any wrong decision will affect your stature in showbiz. Don't worry about me I will manage," suddenly worried that he might opt to make hasty decisions that will affect his career she had to stop him. Her life is not worth taking that risk for.

"No Sandy I will work on this from my end, I just want you to accept what I will offer and trust me that this will be the best for you, your family and for us, okey?" now it's his turn to take a deep breath. Whenever he is in a position where he needs to wait for Sandaras' response he feels his heart suddenly stops beating - just like now. He needs to know if she trusts him enough to listen to him.

"What? Ji you want us to get married? Is that your plan?"  she is afraid that because of how he feels about her - he would propose. That cannot be!!! Not while she is still on her right mind.

"Not yet but we will be someday - promise! But I have a plan and I need to hear your promise that you will open your mind to it and trust me to do it for you - okey?"

"I trust you." Sandara was relieved to hear that he did not propose marriage as the solution.While in her heart there is nothing more heartwarming than to hear Jiyong propose to her. For her sake and for his career this is not the solution. Jiyong on the other hand was also happy to hear that she finally trusts him to do this for her. Sandara had always been independent minded wanting to succeed on her own, always thinking of her family first and not trusting anyone. So to hear that she finally trusts him was more than enough for him - for now.

"I will call you back tomorrow and inform you of the outcome of my plan, just promise me one thing okey?"

"What?"

"Stop crying."

"I will try."

"Don't try please do.Come on smile for me just once."He had to make sure that she is okey.

"Yah! even if I do you cannot see it anyway,  why ask for a smile?"

"I can feel it even if I cannot hear it."

"How do you even know that?"

"My heart knows everything about you so please smile for me."

"Okey, hehehe, now I'm smiling - satisfied?"

"That's my girl. Now go to sleep its late, I will check on you tomorrow morning to see if you are eating well and tomorrow night I will call you for the plan. Okey?"

"Thanks Jiyong, you're the best!!!" Jiyong is her light in the dark, the one left to support her in this dark hours.

"I am only the best when I am with you - remember that okey? Good night baby."

"Good night Jiyong and thank you - you are truly one of a kind."

Jiyong was already smiling when he ended the call. He knew that his plan will not only help Sandy but will put all his dreams into a reality. There is only one person he needs to talk to to make it a happen.

______________________________________________

The next day...

Jiyong woke up early. He has a mission to fulfill and he talked to his manager to allow him to be late for their rehearsals so he can talk to someone. He is not worried that he will fail,  he knows that he is now in the position to demand something if he wants to,  and so he went straight to the office of CEO YG and talked to him about Sandara.

"Good morning Chairman." he bowed as he entered his office.

"Oh Jiyong you're early is there anything I can do for you?" YG asked a bit surprised with Jiyongs' sudden visit to his office.

Jiyong sat down and faced he chairman."Sir, do you remember Sandara?"

"Ah yes, why?"

"Well we kept in touch even after she left here and lately I noticed that she has been recieving less and less assignments from her home studio in the Philippines. Well I was thinking since we are about to launch a girl group soon why don't we invite her here again?" he stared at the CEO waiting for a positive response.

"Well she is cute but I think she is more suited to be in drama than in a girl group and yes if she is not busy in the Philippines let's bring her back here." YG said while nodding - he agrees with Jiyong.

Jiyong smiled. He knew he will not be turned down but more than that he is happy and sure that he will see his princess soon!

"Can you convince her to come back?"

"Oh I will try to find a way - she is talented it would be a waste not to give her another chance. Let me call her up and I will inform you of the results."

"Okey Ji I trust your judgement on this and I will prepare the paper works as soon as she decides to comeback. Will that be all?"

"Ahh yes sir for now..." he smiled again.

"What did you have for breakfast that is making you smile like that ha?" YG said curious as to why the GDragon who is strict, snob  and driven can smile like a puppy in front of him.

"Oh nothing sir just ramyun hehehehe."

"Good eat plenty of it  and while you're at it make sure that the boys practice - we will have your debut soon and I want you to make sure that it will be successful, okey?

" Yes sir!" he saluted and bowed before leaving the CEO room.

He was so excited with what happened he immediately called Sandara.

"Hello good morning! Ji?" Sandara said sounding surprised. "I thought you said you will call back at night and it's only 8AM? Why?"

"Baby I talked to YG and he agreed Yohooh!!!" he jumped while breaking the news to Sandara. 

"Wait what agreed to what?" said the buffled Sandara.

"Sandy you are coming back here. YG said you can try again and be part of YG entertainment. So what do you say?"

"Ah... oh... ca...can I think about it?" all of a sudden she is afraid to leave the land she has learned to love as her own. Afraid to leave be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter