You're My Type

Always You and I
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For this chapter I chose to use the song You're My Type by IKON

You’re my type, you’re my type
Even if you don’t say anything, I have a feeling
From your head to your toes, everything

You’re my type
When I look at you, I want you so bad I go crazy
I think about you even right before I go to sleep
pow

 

Jiyong POV - December 2004

It was early in the morning and I was called in by YG to his office (I know that if you are called in by the chairman of YG entertainment you don't hurry - you Rush! - never make him wait!). After being a trainee for several years under him I know that when he calls I need to drop everything to see him. Which is what I am doing right know.

I know I combed my hair and I put on a fresh shirt but did I brush my teeth? Can't recall I received a call this morning to report to him and I needed to go immediately - now I can't recall what I did and did not do. Gosh!!!

I knocked at the door of his office with a silent prayer that he is in a good mood.

"Good morning Chairman" as I slightly bow my head in greeting our Chairman. 

I immediately noticed that he was watching a video in his computer as he acknowledged my presence.

"Good morning Jiyong. Come in and take a seat. How have your team been doing? Does everybody attend the practice sessions I gave you?", said temporarily taking his eyes off the screen and facing me.

" Yes chairman. We wouldn't miss it if we want to debut anytime soon."I smiled at him to reassure him that I am making sure that all of us are practicing diligently - hoping to convince him that we are worthy to debut anytime soon. I am currently appointed the leader of Big Bang a boy group who can sing, dance and rap (hehehe my specialty).

" Ah sir what are you watching ? " As I pointed towards the screen of his computer.

"Ah there is a young lady in the Philippines who is creating waves there and she is surprisingly pure Korean" he pointed to a baby faced cute girl on the screen dancing in what I suppose is a variety show in the Philippines. I could not understand the language spoken but she sure looks y and cute (that must be the second time I  said that she's y and cute to myself right?)

"Ha? Really? She's pure Korean? Wow!!! She must really be good if she became famous in a different country more so the Philippines - known to have plenty of talented young artists. How did she do it?" I asked while seriously watching her perform. Can't seem to take my eyes off her.

"She won in a talent search and now she has her own show...I want to offer for her to come here and try it with us."

"YES!!!" I said almost jumping from my seat out of excitement. I had to sit down again because I must have surprised the Chairman who looked startled when he looked at me.

" Excited? Really? Let me remind you young man that you are not yet allowed to date so even if she agrees to work with us you are not allowed to date! Are we clear? " he said looking at me intently.

" But of course chairman I.. I (stuttering) just wanted to have another girl in our company - you know to work with - nothing more." I said as I smiled sheepishly.

" Okey then. I already sent one of our talent scouts to talk to her talent manager in the Philippines. If all goes well she will undergo training with us and eventually try out before I can officially sign her into the company."

"Ahhh okey" I said still smiling and not taking my eyes off the cute y lady on the screen.

At that time I had no inkling as to what this cute y girl's role will be in my life but she sure made an impact even before I met her.

Three months later...

"Hurry up we are late!!" I said as I grabbed Taeyang by the collar towards the van of the company.

"I know, I know no need to grab me by the collar I am coming" Taeyang (my band mate and best friend) said as we both ran towards the van that will take us to our drama classes. While I do not understand the value of a rapper learning to act I have no choice but to follow our chairman's desire. I am quite sure there must be a reason for this.

"Hyung!!!" both of us were startled to see our Hyung (elder brother Korean style) Seven waiting for us at the door of the van and motioning us to hurry up and get into our transportation. We were both struggling to breath as we entered the van.

" Well chairman YG asked me to go with you today to meet a new member of our company in class". Hyung Seven(the most successful idol under YG entertainment today)said. Hyung Seven is the only Korean act who went neck to neck in the music charts against the world renowned Rain. And we are not only proud of him but glad that he is with us today because whenever he comes with us or visits us in practice - he feeds us good food and we are always looking forward to that.

"Really?" Taeyang and I chorused in response.

"Yes" he told us smiling.

"Is it a girl or a boy?" we asked curious and hoping that it will be a girl since there is only Nunna Gummy and other trainees whom we seldom see in the company.We want someone we can be close to or hang out with.

"Surprise!!!" he said again smiling in a naughty way.

When we arrived in class all the other artists from other entertainment agencies are there. Its a small class actually but it is exclusively being done for upcoming artists from different entertainment companies like us. And as we all took our seats I felt excited to know who our new class mate will be. Our anticipation was further heightened when our drama class teacher stood infront of our room.

"Class today,  we have a visiting student who will be staying with us for only 6 months - she is currently on her vacation here and will try out for YG Entertainment. Class please welcome Ms Sandara Park from the Philippines." as the class applauded my heart began pounding afte

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter