Prologue II

Forgotten

Chapter 2: Prologue II

They all say that chasing after someone never ends well. Luhan never listened to anyone.

It was Christmas time, Baekhyun always insisted on celebrating this holiday. Luhan, himself, never understood the idea of giving and getting all kinds of gifts. He had never gotten anything on Christmas since his mother died. He carefully traced the fading scar on his ankle. 

The door-bell rang. “I’ll get it!” yelled Luhan immediately abandoning digging up the things that he had forgotten. Perhaps someday he will seek help from a professional when he had the money. 

The door swung open letting a cold gust of wind towards him. “Luhan-hyung!” said a red cheeked Kyungsoo all bundled up in thick woolen scarves and what seemed like two layers of coats. 

Luhan giggled squishing the boy. “Kyungsoo, what brings you here?” 

Kyungsoo was Luhan’s other good friend. He used to live with Baekhyun and Luhan before his boyfriend snatched the wide eyed owl away.

“They just had a sale down at the local grocery,” said Kyungsoo sliding his extra layer of clothes off and onto the worn coach. “I decided to buy some groceries. We can eat some hotpot tonight. It’ll be nice and hot.” 

Baekhyun, who had came down seconds earlier from the word ‘sale’, clapped his hands and literally squeezed the owl eyed boy to death. 

Luhan, on the other hand, frowned. “No. I want pickles dipped in mustard and ice cream.” 

Baekhyun sighed. “Lulu, you shouldn’t eat cold things when it is so cold outside. It’ll make you sick.. speaking of being sick.. you should check out a doctor..” he said trailing off.

Kyungsoo frowned and brushed Luhan’s bangs away, placing his hands on his patient’s forehead. 

Luhan shook his head furiously. “No! I am fine. I’ll sleep it off.” 

His two friends wouldn’t take it. “We’ll book you an appointment.” said the mother of the trio. “Why don’t we go out to eat tonight,” he carefully placed his words not wanting to anger Luhan. He dashed to pick up his clothes and scarves and placed them on himself while fussing and getting the other two to put on the same amount of layers.

A phone buzzed. Luhan quickly looked toward the table in which he had set his phone on. He picked the device up with hesitation not letting his two friends see what as on the screen. 

From: Oh Sehun
I have some free time tonight, do you want to meet up?

To: Oh Sehun
Sure, where would you like to go?

From: Oh Sehun
Let’s go to Gangnam, we can go do some window shopping. I’ll pick you up at 7.

Baekhyun peeked over his shoulder just as he shut the phone off. He grabbed the phone and pouted realizing that Luhan had never told him the password. Kyungsoo winked and whispered into the doe eyed male’s ear, “Meet anyone, hyung?”

Luhan’s plum cheeks were even brighter than usual. “I-I I have to turn in a paper.” he squeezed his cheeks in an attempt to stop the blushing. His two friends smirked, an evil glint in their eyes. “Sure, sure.” 

“I can’t go with you guys to get dinner,” he glanced at his watch. 6:30; Sehun would be picking him up soon. “Why don’t you two go to dinner and I’ll meet you up after I turn in the essay.” 

Kyungsoo patted Luhan’s shoulders. “O-kay~ We’ll meet you up here at 8 and we can go get some Korean barbeque. It’s your favorite. Besides, I have been looking at some new cooking tools that just came out from the new Kyungmi Kim line.” Baekhyun eagerly nodded, “A new gender neutral bag came out from Gucci. I’m thinking about spending some money.” Kyungsoo rolled his eyes. Baekhyun always thinks about spending money.

“Bye-bye Lulu.” said Baekhyun sauntering out behind Kyungsoo as he swung the door shut leaving a breath of the cold air in the entrance.  

Luhan squeezed his wrist, already nervous. He could never erase the memory of that night, but for some reason he could never forget about Oh Sehun. He could only run back to him like a dog waiting for its master.

Luhan quickly checked himself in the mirror before grabbing a bite to eat. He had been afraid to eat all day due to what had happened this morning. All of the contents in his stomach was emptied out. 

The doorbell rang and the muffin immediately dropped out of his hand, crumbs dispersing all over the kitchen counter. The door opened to the same man that Luhan had been seeing in his dreams. 

Luhan let the man lead him as he cuddled up against the other body for warmth. Sehun made no move to hold the nervous boy closer or to push him away. 

The car pulled in to a fancy french restaurant. Luhan got out of the car to stand by Sehun. He was confused, Sehun made no move to walk into the restaurant. Luhan narrowed his eyes and carefully pushed up his glasses. He had seen a curvy woman walk towards Sehun, latching onto his arm.

Sehun glanced at Luhan like he was trash that he forced to dump out. “Luhan,” He was slow on his words. “I never meant for this to go this far. It was like games to me and this was never supposed to happen.” 

Luhan slowly nodded his head. Sehun continued, “This is my fiancee; we are getting married to two weeks. I want you out of my life. This was a mistake.” The girl’s face smirked, the diamond ring glistened. He felt a small warm package being slipped into his hands. “Don’t tell anyone about what happened. You were a good .”

The couple entered through the entrance, neither sparing a glance at the male who had fallen to his knees. The money slipped through his hands. He knew he would never use money from a bastard like Oh Sehun. He knew he should have kept it, maybe to donate it to someone who deserved the hundreds more than himself. 

He knew he shouldn’t have fallen in love so fast. The perfect body like a god only emphasized how much Sehun cared for beauty. Luhan was not beautiful, at least not according to Luhan himself. He had glasses because contacts only wasted his time. He wore long thick woolen sweaters that covered up his upper thigh. His hair needed to be dyed again, either back to black or a touch up on his roots. All in all, Luhan never saw the need for beauty and he definitely never saw himself as beautiful. 

He forced out a weak smile. The woman was perfect for him. They looked so good together. Besides, Luhan was always able to forget little memories or heart break. That is.. as long as he had nothing to remind him of someone who had been called Oh Sehun then, Luhan would be fine. He would be graduating in five months. Nothing could hold him back. At least not in his state of mind.

...

“Mr. Lu.” said the doctor smiling. “You’re a four weeks pregnant.” 

Luhan gasped his eyes widened and he fainted onto the bed, tears still glistening at the edges of his eyes. The bedsheets were wrapped around his small frame, almost buried underneath the big bed. 

“Lu..” whispered Kyungsoo. He glanced at the doctor, “He will be fine.” the doctor reassured him. “A couple of hours.”

Kyungsoo and Baekhyun never saw the tears as they nervously smiled. They would always support their little deer. 

Authors Note:// Hello everyone! Sorry about the pretty cliche prologue. I will try my best to add some twists to it! Any suggestions? Please comment and I will take it to heart! Thank everyone for subscribing! I hope you have enjoyed what you see.

I also have an Infinite fanfic with myungjong~ Feel free to look into it and please send me your thoughts!