My Mistake

Forgotten

  

Chapter 4: My Mistake

Baekhyun swirled around his kitchen in happiness. Chanyeol also celebrated with his beautiful lover. He was glad that Baekhyun had finally calmed down; today was one of the better days. Baekhyun was normally fussy and jealous over mostly everything that Chanyeol usually does. 

Baekhyun happily swung his hips and waved his hands in the air, “All of our friends are coming today, be happy Yeollie!” Chanyeol nodded halfway bored by the conversation, he had barely survived last night. With Baekhyun asking for the unimaginable, it was hard to get even a wink of sleep. 

Chanyeol was glad that Kyungsoo and Luhan were coming to help with the preparation. He would finally be released from the hell Baekhyun called cooking. Baekhyun was absolutely awful at the art, but he had always insisted on continuing his hobby no matter how many insults he had received.

The brownies that Baekhyun had made were sneakily thrown out by Chanyeol and replaced by some he had sneaked from the local bakery. They were spongy and salty. Chanyeol swore that they would be a great replacement for the de-greaser they had on hand for accidents like these.

The doorbell rang, a squeal erupted from Baekhyun as he raced to the door, Chanyeol on the tips of his feet yelling about being careful with the baby on the way. Baekhyun rolled his eyes at his over protective lover.

“Uncle Yeol, Uncle Baekkie!” cried a small voice. Baekhyun pinched the boy’s chubby cheeks. “Ziyu!” yelled Luhan racing behind the small boy, his breath panting as he finally reached the door where his younger son had been waiting. “Lulu,” smiled Baekhyun. “I’ve missed you.” 

Luhan smiled, he hadn’t seen his best friend in a week. Work had taken over his life. Baekhyun was fussy and made it a point to see each other each week on Wednesday when Luhan’s shift was over. Ziyu and Haowen had always came, Luhan had no money for a baby sitter. 

The twins were like Baekhyun’s own children. He had seen them since the very beginning. He had been with Luhan through all the phases of his pregnancy, he had been there when Sehun was out with his fiancee.

“Baekhyun,” said Luhan smiling a shy smile. “Congratulations on the baby.” He held a gift up towards Baekhyun. “I don’ have much, but I hope you will like it.”

Baekhyun smiled and hugged his best friend. His pregnancy emotions were clouding his vision. He started crying. “Luhan,” said Baekhyun resting his head on his friend’s  shoulder. “You shouldn’t have.” Luhan giggled, “You mean so much to me, little Baekkie. I just had to.”

Chanyeol liked children a lot, but Luhan’s two twin boys were a nightmare. They seemed like perfect angels with Baekhyun and Luhan, but whenever he had come they immediately stilled down from their friendly demeanor. 

Chanyeol cracked a couple of jokes, but Haowen just stood there with a blank stare and Ziyu made no attempt to look at his face, instead opting for the choice of whispering little secrets to Haowen. Chanyeol had gotten hammered with the job of watching all the two since Baekhyun was busy inviting people in and Luhan and Kyungsoo had automatically kicked him out of the kitchen when he tried to steal a piece of pork.

“Chanyeol, long time no see.” said a tanned man smirking at his exhausted friend. “Jongin, thank goodness you’re here.” The two twins smiled at Jongin and climbed on his lap. 

Chanyeol slammed his fist on the table. How was he supposed to raise a child if these two won’t even pay any attention to him?

“Ha ha,” chuckled Jongin ruffling Haowen’s hair only to get his hand slapped away. “Chanyeol, congratulations. I knew you would get him knocked up one day.” 

Chanyeol ignored the comment. 

“The food is ready!” yelled Luhan making his way to the large kitchen table. 

Hot dishes were flying in with record speed. “You have to learn to serve food fast with two hungry boys.”

The door creaked open revealing a tall handsome man, Oh Sehun.

Baekhyun quickly raced to Chanyeol’s side, “Why is he here?” Chanyeol was confused. “I invited him.” The smaller of the two groaned. “He left Lulu.” 

Chanyeol blinked, what did that mean? He quickly glanced at Luhan who was sending a frightened look towards Kyungsoo as they slowly exited the room. 

What was going on here?

Authors Note:// Sorry about this very short chapter, but I hope you will still enjoy!