Warming Up

Forgotten

Chapter 20: Warming Up

“Luhan!” screamed Xiumin bouncing up and down in his sleek black loafers. “Did you see the new SHINee video?” Xiumin clutched his heart and swooned to make Luhan practically force his body into a standing position once more. “Ahh~ Key is such a hottie.”

Luhan giggled and ruffled Xiumin’s hair, squeezing his soft cheeks. “I’ll take you to Seoul one day, okay?”

Xiumin bobbed his head. 

Luhan slowly smiled, a slight grievance laid atop his face as he cringed. He didn’t think he was ready to go to Korea. The thought scared him. “One day, Xiumin. One day.”

Xiumin still had a constant grin on his lips. It made Luhan smile every time he saw the bubbly man it honestly reminded Luhan of Ziyu and Haowen. His twins took care of him emotionally as did Xiumin but in a much more mature form.

Luhan was having the time of his life with a week into just entering the fashion business. 

Ziyu and Haowen were constantly smiling. It made Luhan much more happy and conscious in his state of mind by knowing that his two boys were adjusting well. They were constantly giggling at home and whispering to each other secrets that they said Luhan must never know. 

It made Luhan slightly uncomfortable knowing that Haowen and Ziyu were relying on him less and less. Luhan used to know all of their secrets, but now they were of no more. 

Luhan visited the twins once during their lunch and saw them crowded in a middle of circle with various boys and girls marveling at their cute faces and bond. It made Luhan twinkle, his doe like eyes filled with fresh sparkles of tears dripping down in happiness from seeing his two boys enjoy their childhood. 

“Ooh~” said Xiumin grinning, a slight smirk was painted across his lips. “We have a staff party. To introduce you to the rest of the department. You’ll come right? I planned it myself.” Xiumin grinned a stupid grin, placing a hand on his hip, “Promise me you’ll come?” Xiumin pouted, “It was a lot of work, Luhannie. By now you know that I’m no good at planning.”

Luhan slowly bit his lip. He didn’t want to let Xiumin down. 

“Ah.. Minnie-ah, the twins can’t stay alone in the apartment.”

Xiumin crossed his hands across his chest and gave Luhan a knowing look, “Of course I already thought about those two precious boys. I love them, they love me, we’re practically family. I asked Mrs. Hwan if she could help take care of the two and she was overjoyed.”

Luhan slowly nodded. Mrs. Hwan was an old and kind lady that always seemed to be overtly open and kind to everyone she met. It was almost unsettling if it wasn’t for her sweet smiles and cookies. “It won’t be too much trouble for her, will it?”

Xiumin sighed smiled, “You’re too much of a worry wort, of course it won’t be any trouble. She absolutely adores kids, by now, who doesn’t, we all love Haowen and Ziyu. They take care of each other. Stop worrying, Luhan.”

Luhan sighed and nodded, “Alright then.”

-

“Luhan!” screeched Xiumin, pulling down his reading glasses to look at Luhan like one of those old library ladies, “You can’t wear a sweater and jeans to a bar!”

Luhan widened his eyes, “You never told me that we were going to a bar.”

Xiumin tsked and shook his head, “Oh Lulu, so innocent. Of course we are going to a bar, it is merely implied. 

Luhan sighed and picked at the soft white sweater. “What should I wear then, Xiumin. You know I don’t own any... club clothes.”

Xiumin giggled, “That’s a easy fix. I have tons of pieces.”

Luhan’s mouth gaped open, “What do you do in your free time?”

Xiumin his lips, “Oh I don’t know.. Party?”

Luhan sighed and followed Xiumin into his room, into his closet. 

-

“You look great, Hannie. Don’t worry!” 

Luhan grimaced and brushed the nonexistent wrinkles out of Xiumin’s skin tight shirt. “Why did I let you force me into this?”

Xiumin winked and patted Luhan’s shoulder in a comforting way, “It’s my gift for you.”

“Luhan!” yelled an unknown voice excitedly waving his hands towards the two males. “Xiumin! Get over here. We’ve been waiting.”

“Jongdae!” smiled Xiumin, dragging Luhan over to the dinosaur looking male. “It’s so good to seen you.”

Jongdae chuckled, “It’s only been a few days. Now stop this chit chat and let me talk to Luhan.”

Luhan smiled gently, “Hi, I don’t think I’ve seen you before, but you seem to already know my name. Nice to meet you.”

Xiumin rolled his eyes, “See, I could have introduced you two, but you just wanted to appear as a stalker and I couldn’t stop you.” tsked Xiumin shaking his head. 

Jongdae waved his hands in a carefree manner, “No mind. Pay no mind to that chipmunk over there.” Jongdae patted Luhan’s shoulders. “I should probably introduce myself properly now. I’m Kim Jongdae. Nice to meet you.”

Luhan smiled back, gleeful to meet a new person. 

Jongdae clapped his hands and hooted, gaining the attention of all the employees. “Let’s get shots!”

“Time to let loose.” whispered Xiumin in Luhan’s ear, winking. 

-

“Xiumin..” groaned Luhan rubbing his head, dizzy from falling down dead drunk. “I-I I don’t think I can walk.”

“Woah.” said a deep voice, “What have you been up to Luhan?”

Luhan blinked and groaned again falling into the mans arms, his head buried in the warm chest. “Woah Woah, watch your step there, little doe.”

Luhan blinked once more. “Kris!” screeched Luhan. His face reddening from the embarrassment of his boss seeing him dead drunk. 

“What’s up?” chuckled Kris. “Let’s get you some water.”

Luhan blushed, his hazy vision allowed him to see all of the taller man’s muscles rippling under the silky black shirt as well as his messily styled hair, seemingly perfect and lazy at the same time. He could watch Kris’s hands for a whole day, if only he wouldn’t seem strange in doing so.”

“Sit there,” ordered Kris, chastising the drunk man. “I’ll be right back.”

Luhan bobbed his head, watching the retreating figure with a sigh on his lips.

“Luhannieeeee.” squealed Xiumin hugging Luhan suddenly from his back. “I missed you, Luhannnnieeee.”

Luhan stumbled. “Xiuminnieeee.”

Xiumin giggled and squeezed Luhan’s cheeks. “You’re so cute.”

“Ahem.” said a deeper voice, Kris.

“What are you doing, Xiumin?”

AUTHORS NOTE: Ohh~ I hope you enjoyed the plot in this chapter :)

What do you think about Xiumin, Jongdae and Kris? Where do you think they will play in the story?