Pasta for Two

Forgotten

   Chapter 22 Pasta for Two

 

 Luhan groaned, scrapping yet another design. Crumpled balls of paper decorated the smooth marble floors. The beauty rubbed his eyebrows and frustration, wanting to immediately pack his bags and get Ziyu and Haowen from the daycare to head home. With the bonus from his new designing job, Luhan was able to get a sufficient apartment, one that was at least double the size of the one in Korea. 
    
    He finally let up the torture and placed the pencil down to get another cup of coffee. 


    “How are you doing over there?” asked Xiumin, slowly chewing down on cherry flavored gummy bears, first biting down on the ears. Luhan shrugged, preciously lifting the coffee pot out of its heater. “Alright, I guess. No ideas though.” Xiumin nodded. “We all have those moments.” He waved his nimble hands towards Kris’s office. “The old man told me to tell you to stop by his office when you have time.”


    Luhan nodded, gently smiling at his new friend, taking a large swig of the hot coffee. 


    Kris’s office was large, and still, slightly intimidating. He always kept it tight and neat. 
Luhan slowly twisted the knobs, allowing himself to brace the courage of his ever so handsome boss. 


    “Luhan!” grinned Kris.


    Luhan quickly twisted his body, seeing his boss sitting on the plush couch, a magazine in hand and a tall glass of champagne in the other. “Come.”


    Luhan nervously rushed forward. Things were slightly awkward after Kris brought Luhan to his flat. The smaller, to say the least, worried of the consequences that came with going home with his employer.


    “Say, do you have any fresh designs? Fashion week is coming up soon and I want to feature some of your articles. We have a couple of shops opening up in Seoul and I want to release some new items.”


    Luhan nervously swiped his tongue over his chapped lips once he heard Seoul.


    “I have a few ideas, Boss, but I’m not fully confident on them. I’m in a shell.”


    Kris nodded and stood up, placing both the magazine and glass down. He steadily walked towards the shorter male, gently placing his large veiny hands on Luhan’s cheek, lifting his head up to look at Kris.


    “There’s a new Italian restaurant across the street. Why don’t we take a breather and get some ideas flowing there.” Kris swiped his hands across Luhan’s lips, “I heard that the couple meal is 20% off on today’s menu.”


    Luhan flushed crimson red. “Ah, but..”


    Kris smirked and tilted his head. 


    Luhan shook his head, “Nothing sir. I would love to go, but it’s just that I have to finish my design project this week if we’re opening up more some more stores in Korea.”


    Kris patted Luhan’s head, “Don’t worry about that, my dearest-”
    
    “Please sir, don’t call me that.”


    Kris smiled again, a twinkle in his eye. He leaned and gently whispered in Luhan’s ear, his husky voice echoed through Luhan’s body, making him tremble. 


    “I’ll make sure that pasta gets some ideas flowing.”


    Luhan nervously bit his lip, flinching away from Kris when the taller started to bend down again. “O-Okay.”


    “Wonderful. Let’s go, I already booked a reservation-” Kris checked his clock, “at seven minutes past now.”


    “A reservation under Wu please.”


    The waiter nodded and smiled, “Right this way gentlemen. The best table in the house.”


    Kris nodded, walking by Luhan to pull out the chair, “Here we are my cherry.”


    Luhan closed his eyes and twisted his hands, hoping the waiter hadn’t heard Kris.


    “We’ll have the pasta for two please. Extra tomato sauce if you will. Also a nice glass of wine please. Make it light, I’ve had a couple glasses this morning”


    The waiter nodded, “Will that be all?”


    Kris nodded.


    The waiter left, taking her doubts and confusion with her.


    “Sir, must you be like this? Please don’t embarrass us in public. Xiumin teases me enough already in the office.”


    “Oh that little chipmunk. Don’t mind him alright?”


    Luhan rolled his eyes. “Please sir. You must have a girlfriend to take to lunch. I mean with your face and body and and…”


    Luhan quickly clamped down on his mouth. 


    “And?”


    “Nothing sir.”


    Kris chuckled. “You’re the one teasing me.”
    
    Luhan rolled his eyes.


    Soon enough, the pasta arrived, a large mound of noodles in a big plate, two forks were given , but only one plate.


    “Madam, may we have another plate?” asked Luhan already starting to salivate with the delicious scent. 


    “This is the couple’s pasta is it not? It only comes with one plate.”


    Luhan frowned but nodded, ignoring the fact that he was sharing a plate with Kris, but rather focusing on the delicious noodles. 


    Kris grabbed a thick piece of garlic bread from the large basket, ready to dip it in the sauce before Luhan plucked a piece of it right out of his hands.


    “It this is the couple’s pasta, we might as well share the bread as well, right?”


    Kris brightened, “Does that mean you’d want to share a strand of pasta too, Luhan?”


    Luhan squealed and almost choked on the bread. “Have you no decency?”


    Kris rolled his eyes. “Loosen up,” Kris raise his wine glass, tempting Luhan to raise his as well, “A toast to a bright time in Paris.”


    The glasses tinkled and the smell of pasta and expensive men’s cologne stained Luhan for the rest of the day. 
    “Thank you for the lunch, sir.”


    “Of course, Luhan. I’d treat you everyday if I could.”


    Luhan gently nodded, not bothering to correct Kris on his bold words. 


    Paris wasn’t bad so far. It hadn’t been that long, but thoughts of Sehun started to leave him. He had other things to fulfill. 


Authors Note: It’s been so long. (I feel like I say that every time, but this update has been taking so long for me to post.) I appreciate all of you who read this. 


Please leave a comment!