Let Me Do This

Forgotten

Chapter 11: Let Me Do This

“Luhan.” whispered Sehun, staring at his ex-lover shivering in the cold. “Luhan! What are you doing here? Come in, quick, quick!”

Ziyu let out a small sniffle. He held onto Haowen’s sleeve, grasping on for his life. “Hyung,” the smaller of the two twins whispered into his elder brother’s ears. Luhan glanced down at the twin’s. Haowen could see the fear that his Baba held in his eyes. Haowen quickly bowed down, dragging his brother down, “Hello, Sir.”

Sehun let out a small chuckle, the older of the twins was covering up for his shell shocked brother and father. 

“Haowen. Nice to see you, what are you doing here? Luhan?”

Luhan nervously picked at his thin coat, “Let’s discuss this inside, Sehun. If that is possible.” 

Sehun nodded and led Luhan and the twins in. They stopped at a small room decorated in pale coral color, two loveseats were placed around a glass coffee table, two armchairs on the sides of them. The room was cozy, but it felt so distant to Luhan. The warm coral shade seemed so far away.

Luhan took a seat down on the loveseat, allowing the two boys to sit next to him on both sides.

“Haowen,” whispered Ziyu, tapping his brother’s shoulder behind Luhan’s back. Sehun raised an eyebrow, but Luhan still remained oblivious. 

“Is that our appa?” Ziyu asked softly, his voice was so quiet at this moment that even for Haowen, it was hard to hear.

Haowen looked at Sehun before nodding to Ziyu.

Ziyu’s face contorted into one of an extreme nervousness. He bit down on his lips and he started to wring his hands in fright. “Hyung, I’m scared.”

Haowen sighed and patted Ziyu on the head, “There’s nothing to be frightened of, now don’t be such a baby and face him.”

Ziyu nodded and went back to his place next to Luhan to continue staring at Sehun after their small whispering session was over. The small child’s eyes were so blank, so scared.

“Luhan, you still haven’t told me why you’re here.”

Luhan nodded at met his eyes with that of a hopeful Haowen’s, he in a deep breath.

“Sehun, you know that Haowen and Ziyu are my children. My two precious boys, you do know that right?”

Sehun nodded, he was quickly becoming more confused. The air was thick and filled with suspicion. 

“Ah.. I’m afraid that it isn’t so perfect like that.”

Luhan in a deep breath, closing his eyes to remember the past, “You remember when we were in college? Do you remember what happened with us.” 

Sehun twisted his mouth and nodded, he preferred to not remember the college days, they often brought back many memories that he didn’t enjoy reminiscing upon. “I don’t know what you’re getting to, Luhan. I would prefer not to listen to your whole love story about falling in love and having kids.”

Luhan raised his head, his large eyes were gleaming wet, seeming more doe like than they already were. 

Sehun didn’t know what he was talking about. He didn’t know how realistic and torturing his words were to Luhan. 

Luhan loved Haowen and Ziyu. They were his life, but he couldn’t help wondering what his life might have been if he hadn’t gotten pregnant. He imagined himself to become the doctor that he had studied his life for. He might have even taken a business path, it would be much more glorious. 

Luhan also slapped himself whenever he thought about these things. The twins were too precious for him to pretend that they were fake, for they were the beauty in his darkness. He was truly devoted to them.

“Sehun. They’re yours.”

Sehun’s face never changed. “What are you talking about, Luhan?”

Luhan softly smiled and patted on Ziyu and Haowen’s heads, “They are yours.”

It took a while for Sehun to process this all. He couldn’t believe what Luhan was talking about at first, nothing made sense until he remembered that night that he had left Luhan in the snow. 

Sehun shook his head and buried his hands in his hair. There was no way that he could have had children, surely Luhan would have looked for him to fund the two kids. He looked up at Luhan to prove his point, but Luhan’s face was as soft as ever, a sad smile was permanently painted on his face. 

Sehun shook his head, he wanted to slam his weighty watch onto his forehead in punishment. He had missed out of so much of their lives, he was going to marry Aeri. 

This wasn’t what he was expecting from Luhan. He wanted peace, he didn’t want any more trouble, and for goodness sakes, he didn’t want two young boys placed in his hands. What was Luhan thinking about telling him this now? It wasn’t like Sehun was going to magically adopt the two boys.

Was he going to turn into Luhan, a poor, struggling father? No. He was too rich for that.

Sehun’s eyes hardened. “Is this why you’re here today?”

Luhan nervously nodded and bowed his head once more. “Ah, yes, Sehun.”

“Why did you bring the two boys here?”

“They wanted to see.. their.. their. appa.”

Sehun was fuming. What was Luhan expecting? Did the deer eyed boy finally realize that his minimum wage wasn’t able to support two growing boys and himself. He would have to admit that Luhan was finally using his head. 

“Appa..” whispered Ziyu, the young boy let out a stream of sobs. “Appa!”

Sehun glared at Ziyu and the small figure immediately quieted. 

“I refuse to acknowledge them as my children. I suggest that they don’t call me appa any longer. I don’t know how long they have been saying crap like that.” Sehun hissed, glaring at his ex-lover, his eyes were burning with fury. He was a businessman not a caretaker, nor did he have any heart for things that were useless. He had wanted to fix bonds with Luhan, not make love to him and adopt his children. Sehun refused to call Ziyu and Haowen his own, no matter that similarities.

“Sehun.. please. Please, they really wanted to see their other parent. Please give them a chance.”

Sehun rolled his eyes and bit down his tongue to stop himself from yelling at the man in a thin winter coat that seemed like it had lost its warmth long ago.

“Just leave.”

“Sehun-ah, please give them a chance. All they wanted was to see their appa, you have to help-”

“Shut up! Shut up Luhan!” Sehun panted and he covered his eyes, “Go. Go!”

Luhan was scared of the two boys, quickly nudging Haowen and Ziyu to the door. Luhan spared a glance to look back at Sehun. The man never made a move from his disappointed state.

Luhan sighed, he should have known that he would never be able to accept this. 

Authors Note: This is Sehun’s reaction, poor Lulu ;-;

I’m off of break and there are so many tests to take right after I got back. Life.. here I come.