Bonjour

Forgotten

Chapter 19: Bonjour

The grands doors in Luhan’s new office was a mass to be reckoned with. He, never in his life, would have thought that he would ever be able to get a new job out of Korea. It brought a sense of hope into his life, a bright ray that couldn’t be matched by the joy that had brought him to Seoul University. Or.. the fate that he has now. 

“Luhan!” called a low voice, a handsome figure waved to the petite male, briskly walking over. Luhan turned away from the doors to face the said figure. 

The man smiled at him and grinned brightly, his chubby cheeks were full of sunshine. “Hey! I heard you’re new to the department. I’ve seen your designs and they’re absolutely gorgeous.” The man shyly brushed the back of his head, “Sorry for all that blabbering, I’m Minseok, or you can call me Xiumin. Everyone calls me that.”

Luhan giggled at the energetic man. Paris truly was a new start for him. He would finally no longer be on the same land as Sehun. He could unleash his true self without constantly having the past haunting him.. yet something stopped him from forgetting about Sehun entirely.

Lots of people said their first love is a love that couldn’t be forgotten, and Luhan didn’t know what that meant until he saw the golden stature of Sehun.. his first love. He had constantly tried to forget about him, but he couldn’t. Ziyu and Haowen were always there. They always reminded the little deer of Sehun.. They were the good versions of the cold man. They brought joy and happiness not lonesomeness and depression. It had taken a while for Luhan to truly embrace the twins, for they reminded him of Sehun too much, but after a few weeks he couldn’t hold himself back from their beauty. 

Luhan gleamed back. “I’m Luhan, but it seems like you already know that.”

Xiumin waved his hand hap hazardously, “Please, darling. Everyone in the company knows you now. Word gets around quickly when a newbie shows up.”

Luhan cocked his head, “So.. does that mean you are my mentor?”

Xiumin chuckled and shook his head, his smile still radiating off his slightly puffy cheeks. They reminded Luhan of his favorite Chinese dish, Baozi. “Of course not.” He tapped his chin, “I wish I could be, but that could only be Kris. Speaking of him, I think that old man is waiting for you. Are you looking for him?

Luhan nodded.

“Follow me then, I’m heading that way anyway.”

Luhan nodded and followed Xiumin, but the Baozi like male had called.. Kris.. an old man. Does that mean he was one of those wrinkly and raisin like people who often times boss around all the new employees? Luhan shivered, he wanted to show his best at this beautiful place to be, but he couldn’t bare to face a devil like mentor that would trap him in the office, leaving Ziyu and Haowen all by themselves.

“Ta-dah,” exclaimed Xiumin gesturing his elegant hands to the large mahogany door. 

Xiumin winked and twiddled his fingers as he waved good bye, “Have fun, Luhannie!”

Luhan blushed, already given a nickname by his new co-worker. He slowly placed his fist against the door, rapping it three times. 

A stiff grunt echoed inside the barrier, “Come in.”

Luhan hesitantly opened the door to face a handsome yet cold man. His hair was the color of midnight black and his suit was clinging well on his body, shaping Kris into someone that looked like they were practically oozing out money, but what made Luhan most interested was the sheer confidence that Kris had. From the way his eyes looked as they ran down Luhan’s figure to how his hand was holding a pen made Kris seem like he owned the whole world. Luhan wouldn’t even be surprised if he said he did. 

“Hello sir,” bowed Luhan. “I’m very thankful for you to offer to train me in this job. I promise I won’t let you down.”

Kris grunted and waved his hands, chuckling all the while. “You needn’t say any speeches in front of me. We’re not in Korea anymore, so don’t fret so much.”

Luhan blushed and nodded, “Of course, sir. I just wanted to thank you for giving me this offer.”

Kris smiled a little. “I should be the one thanking you for accepting. I love your work, you know? I’m astonished that you have a degree in college, but you haven’t been putting yourself on the face of the map yet. You’re no doubt a highly intelligent person. “

Luhan blushed once more. He could swear that the color of his cheeks now resembled a tomato. 

Kris winked, standing up and walking over. “Why don’t I show you around the building and we can get you settled.”

Luhan couldn’t help but stare at Kris a few seconds too long from the sleek suit, the extraordinarily long legs, to the perfectly parted hair, Kris was a figure that wasn’t supposed to be spending a second of his life with mortals.. just like Sehun, but there was something different about Kris that made Luhan think twice. He had a sense of humility, unlike Sehun, Kris seemed like someone who was actually capable of acting by emotion. 

Luhan had grown scared of the calculated glares that Sehun often times sent him. Kris just seemed so much more appealing so much more.. able to love, but there was something holding him back. There’s always something holding him back. 

Luhan couldn’t stop himself from wanting to talk to Xiumin. The bright male was kind, cheerful, glowing and absolutely gorgeous. He wasn’t the type like Sehun and Kris. He was like a fairy. Something eternal yet bright and cheerful. 

Luhan longed to be loved. He longed to be as precious as everyone else, but everyone, except Ziyu and Haowen, seemed to hate him. He could no longer breathe from that amount of fury. 

AUTHORS NOTE: Ohh~ Luhan now met Xiumin and Kris. 

Do you prefer one over the other? Is Lulu ready for a love triangle? Who wins?