The Ugly Truth

Forgotten

Chapter 6: The Ugly Truth

“Baba,” called Haowen tucking himself into the small bed he shared with Ziyu. “Baba, who was that man you were talking with? He had a really mean face.” Ziyu said before glancing at his twin who was just about to speak, “Oops, sorry Haowen-hyung.” 

“Ziyu,” said Luhan ruffling the smaller twin’s hair, “You know it isn’t very nice to say someone has a mean face.” Ziyu nodded. “But Baba,” said Haowen glancing at his brother who looked very ashamed at his previous comment. “You didn’t look very comfortable with mister, who is he, Baba?” 

Luhan closed his eyes and whispered soft whispers, “You don’t need to worry your small heads over such a small matter, I’ll make sure that mister never appears again.” Haowen nodded, finally content with the result. “Alright then, my two angels, it’s time for bed.”

Ziyu shook his head and whined, “But Baba, we just went to Uncle Baekhyun’s party and I want to go again and again and ag-”

Luhan chuckled, Ziyu was too adorable for his own good. “Okay, my sweet pea, but if you sleep tonight, I’ll give you some leftover chocolate cake.” Ziyu bobbed his head before lying down next to his sleeping brother.

Luhan softly shut the door and curled up on the old couch with his favorite deer printed blanket while reading a novel for the hundredth time. Luhan sipped the scalding hot tea, it had been a routine for Luhan every day. 

He would tuck Ziyu and Haowen into bed with a promise that would probably never be fulfilled, but the twin’s knew that. They knew that their Baba wouldn’t be able to grant all their wishes, but a child could dream. Then, he would wrap himself in a blanket reading the same book and quietly sipping his tea while listening to the loud chirps of crickets. He would then send the twins off to school on his way to the local grocers, his job.

Luhan rubbed his eyelids, he really needed a part time job to get Haowen and Ziyu new pairs of shoes. It had been a whole year since shoes had even crossed Luhan’s mind, but the boys were growing rapidly and it broke the little deer’s heart to see the twins squeezing into old ripped shoes when they should have new superhero sneakers like all the other children.

Luhan wished in his heart for a happy childhood and future for his children, but it seemed like everything plotted against him. He slowly curled up into a ball, the book fell to the floor, leaving Luhan quietly thinking about all the things he had done wrong.

Bang, Bang, Bang. Echoed the knocks on the creaky wooden door to Luhan’s apartment. Rent was cheap, but that also reflected on the flat and it was anything but nice. Carpet stains were scattered everywhere and small bits of cookies were laced into the carpet.

Luhan jolted up and wiped the tears away; who could be knocking at such a late hour?

Luhan opened the door, revealing a very handsome Oh Sehun, yet also a very drunk Oh Sehun.

Luhan stared at the man with a blank face showing no signs of letting him in. For goodness sakes, Ziyu and Haowen were soundly sleeping and the next thing that happens has no benefit to either of the twins. 

“Lulu,” moaned Sehun, burping. His stinky alcoholic breath roamed in front of Luhan’s face. “I missed you so much, I can’t anyone in bed because,” Sehun burped again as he held his stomach, an unconscious attempt to avoid vomiting. “Aeri won’t even let me leave the house.” 

Sehun let the tears drip off his face, his drunk self had a mind of its own and there was no way to control it.

Luhan rolled his doe eyes and opened the door, the creaking sounds were covered up by Sehun’s cries. 

“Here, have some tea.” said Luhan ing the cup in Sehun’s face. Sehun coughed, but gladly accepted the drink before emptying what was left of the food from his meal into the small cup. Luhan grimaced and sat back in one of the plastic chairs next to the couch.

“Oh Sehun, why made you come here?” Luhan asked. He was sure that his conversation with the blonde haired man was officially over since Baekhyun’s baby shower. 

Sehun sniffed and quickly placed the tea on the coffee table, already disgusted with himself. “I wanted to see you, Lulu. I-I I know that I might have done bad things in the past, but it’s not like anything happened.” Sehun sniffed as he laid on the couch. “I mean like, Lu. Look at yourself. You’ve got two good boys, I’m sure your husband is amazing.”

Sehun laughed randomly, the alcohol was making him much too bold and slightly insane. 

Luhan hummed, even if it was ‘the Oh Sehun’, he was still very proud of his two boys. What parent wouldn’t be? Luhan’s mother had died at a young age and since then he had never experienced paternal love.. he was sure that he would give all the support that they would need growing up.

“I am quite happy now,” Luhan bit his lips, “Now cut it to the chase, why are you here?”

Sehun nodded and started babbling his drunk head off, “Omma and Appa wanted me to marry Aeri at a young age,” Sehun burped. “ I wasn’t objecting to it, I mean like.. just look at her? She’s amazing.” Luhan nodded slowly, any young man would choose model Aeri over plain Jane, Luhan.

“So I’m engaged now,” said Sehun starting to get a bit sleepy, “But she won’t let me live my bachelor life since we’re together now. I can’t touch her because of the cameras and we’ve tried to have a baby, Omma and Appa really wanted a grandchild, but then I would have been straight into a marriage with that filthy person.”

Sehun got up from the couch, reaching for the tea mixed with his past foods. He couldn’t even go as far as the coffee table without getting his hands slapped away.

“You see, Aeri wants us to get married now, but she’s pregnant. I have to, Lulu. I don’t know what to do. I don’t like that filthy person I must call my fiancee.” 

Luhan slowly nodded, what would Sehun’s parents think when they realized they were already grandparents five years ago. “Why did you come here, Sehun? You know you have to marry her.” 

Luhan’s bored expression showed none of his inner thoughts and he managed to keep his anger at bay. 

“I found you address and I didn’t know what to do, I can’t go back to Aeri, she’ll kill me. Besides, we could always..” said Sehun starting to trail off before he passed out on the old sofa. 

Luhan shook his head at the sleeping figure, lifting the disgusting glass up and placing it in the sink to clean.

Luhan had no reason to kick Sehun out, as long as he didn’t see Ziyu and Haowen too closely, Luhan would be the ideal person to go to when you are drunk.

Aish, thought Luhan rubbing his temples. He had no tolerance for alcohol and smoking, yet there was a drunk man knocked dead out on his sofa.

Perhaps it was a dream, Luhan hoped. But the man was still there when he woke up, it wasn’t a dream. Oh Sehun had came to his house to moan of his troubling life.

Luhan carefully sneaked into bed, it had been a long day.


Authors Note:

Luhan and Sehun meet again! I will probably be posting more Kaisoo and Chanbaek/Baekyeol chapters soon as well for all the people of the boat for those two couples. I hope you enjoyed reading this!
Please comment, subscribe, and upvote for lots of love.