The Feeling In My Heart

Forgotten

Chapter 14 : The Feeling In My Heart

Haowen rubbed his cold hands together as he waved back at Mr. Oh who only winced and lightly smiled, his feet never exiting the entrance way into his large mansion. Haowen tightly smiled back and bowed down. “I apologize for my actions. I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me.”

Sehun tsked and stared at Luhan, ignoring the child’s pleas. “You should keep a tighter reign on your children.”

Luhan slowly bit his pink lips, tooth biting down on the plush kissable lips as he gripped his hands tighter down on Haowen and Ziyu. “I’m sorry, Sehun. I don’t know what I can do. I’ll tell him to stop bothering you.” Luhan looked up at Sehun and weakly smiled, his eyes shown of fondness and love. “I can’t stop them, but I hope you will take the time to get to know you own children.”

Sehun sneered, his navy blue trousers were wrinkled from the amount of clenching he had placed forth on them. 

“Luhan. What do you want?” Sehun tapped his toes, his patience was beginning to run thin. “I already have a baby on the way. Do you need financial support? Just tell me what I can do to get you-” Sehun raised a thin finger and flicked it in the direction of Haowen and Ziyu, “and them out of my front door.”

Luhan snorted, “I have yet to stoop so low.” He slowly looked down. “Why did you do this to me. . .” Luhan held back the tears. He wouldn’t lie and say that he was perfectly happy with just Ziyu and Haowen, without a stable job and a bunch of old ladies bullying him every time he stepped outside the apartment door. “Haven’t I suffered enough?”

Sehun snorted and leaned his weight on one leg, leaning against the door in a taunting stance. “Life is cruel.”

Luhan meekly nodded and turned his back, his knuckles were white from gripping the twins in sadness. “I suppose it is.”

Luhan and the two smaller figures slowly walked away. 

Sehun sighed rubbing his hands along his temples. “I swear I’m getting more white hairs by the minute.” he mumbled, stepping back inside and locking the door once more with a click. 

-

Luhan slowly stared at his water, a small crumb floated atop the cold surface from the honey biscuit he had munched on. 

“Am I a good father?” he whispered, letting his reflection sneer at him. Of course not.

He had grown up without a mother and an abusive father. What did he know?

He slowly let a lone tear escape. It dropped on his light blue sweater. Haowen and Ziyu were in the same situation. They had a father that denied their every existence and father that was practically dead, always at work. He gripped along the edges of the counter top. Haowen and Ziyu needed him. They needed him until it was the moment that Sehun would accept him. 

Luhan slowly closed his eyes and let his body fall. 

“Baba!” yelled Ziyu. His small body ran quickly after seeing his father give into the stress. 

Luhan shook his head and sat up again. It was yet the time for peace. 

“Baba’s fine. See, Ziyu?”

Ziyu smiled widely and bobbed his head. “Go back to your room, love. I’m sure that your brother is waiting to teach you some math.”

Ziyu giggled and nodded. 

-

Luhan slowly flipped the pages of his notebook. The diary he kept while in college was his most prized possession. It was the time he still had a life and a circle of friends that accepted him. 

Luhan let his phone slowly buzz, the name Kyungsoo lighted up on the cracked screen. He didn’t bother to reach for it. He would call back later. Chuckling at himself Luhan cackled wildly. Maybe this was why he didn’t have any friends except for Baekhyun and Kyungsoo. He was poor, in the poverty line, ugly, filthy, an idiot and a man with two children. Society was against him. He was against himself. 

-

“Sehun!” yelled Aeri across the hallway. 

Sehun slowly walked over, his head thumping in anger and a tinge of sadness, but what was he to be sad about? He had everything he wanted in his life. 

“Yes?”

Aeri smiled and looked up from her computer screen. “I’m going to Jeju with Sohyun for a few weeks so I can carefully rest before the baby is born. Is that alright?”

Sehun scrunched up his face. “Why would you do that?”

Aeri pouted. “I’m just too stressed right now. You do understand that, right?”

Sehun nodded and flicked away his forehead as he exited the room, taking the time to gaze at the painting the he so loved, but Aeri snatched away and placed it closer to her ‘room’.

“Sohyun!” yelled Aeri through the phone, the excitement in her voice was evident. 

“He said I can go. We can go party all night long.”

A muffled voice answered back. “How are we going to fake the pregnancy?”

Aeri laughed. “That’s why I’m going to Jeju. We’ll just adopt a baby that looks like me, easy enough right?”

The voice didn’t reply for a bit before sighing softly. “I suppose.”

Sehun’s eyes never left the painting as he overheard their conversation. Aeri wasn’t pregnant. 

His heart clenched. He had always wanted to have children of his own, under his blood, in his family. Even if it was Aeri, he didn’t care. 

A voice in his head whispered, “You have Luhan.”

Sehun ignored the voice and walked away. 

Authors Note: Wow.. Aeri isn’t actually pregnant with Sehun’s baby. Let’s see what she decides to do in Jeju and what Sehun will do with her. 

Luhan is in such a sad state, but don’t worry, he will feel better soon! (maybe)

I hope you enjoyed the chapter. <3