My Son

Forgotten

Chapter 13 : My Son

Small hands shivered as they placed their palm upon the cold metal that created a soft ding sound in the house. The bundle of cloth shifted from one foot to the next as cold black eyes stared at the door almost forcing the door to open by itself. They figure’s small red lips quivered as a creak in the large oak door sounded through the cold bitter air. 

The door swung open, a burst of warm air and a faint smell of baked dough filled the young boy’s nostrils. 

Sehun widened his eyes and squinted as if he was trying to look for something on the younger’s face. He sighed in defeat and shook his head in distaste. “Go home now. I bet Luhan is waiting for you.”

The red lips shivered and the boy’s head started to feel faint.

Sehun frowned. How had one of the boys slipped away from Luhan’s grasp? What was Luhan doing? He kept a note in the back of his head reminding himself to ask Luhan what had happened.

“Come in then. I’ll call Luhan and tell him you’re here.”

The door was held wide open and the smell of warm dough started to surround Haowen’s nostrils as he sadly smiled. He remembered the days when Ziyu would cry and cry until Baba bought a few cookies from them even if it meant that Baba would have to go the day without lunch. Ziyu had long ago realized that Baba wasn’t bringing anything to work and had immediately stopped asking for cookies. It broke Luhan’s heart. Occasionally Luhan would sneak a buttery treat into Ziyu and Haowen’s lunch that is until the twins confronted Luhan and practically scolded their father to stop starving himself. 

Haowen shivered and clung to the thinning wool scarf. He had no idea where to go, so he decided to follow Sehun, hoping that the tall man would help him accomplish his goal, hoping it would be worth roaming away from home and going to the house that he had come to hate. The perfect arrangements inside only brought distaste upon Haowen’s mouth and the fresh smell of dough soon turned black as if it had been thrown into the fire and left for the coal to eat it alive. 

Sehun sighed and glanced behind his back, fearing the reaction from Aeri. She always made a fuss to whatever Sehun wished to do with his life. “You can sit down.” He said softly. Haowen nodded and slowly sat down on the plush sofa, glancing around the luxurious room until his eyes wandered across a full length mirror. His gaze quickly looked away from himself. 

“Stay right there will you? I’m going to call Luhan so he can pick you up. Don’t touch anything.”

Haowen softly smiled and nodded. How bitter this room was for him. How could he imagine touching the vase that decorated a mere corner of the vast mansion. 

The phone rang a soft melody. One that evoked tears, yet Sehun’s cold face didn’t show a drop of emotion as the violin played its sweet melody, so high it hurt his heart. 

“Hello?” whispered a soft voice. It was dripping with honey and worry.

“Luhan?”

“Yes. Who are you?”

“Sehun.”

The line did not respond for a few seconds. Sehun almost thought that the honey blonde male left the call. 

“Why are you calling me, Sehun?”

“Haowen is at my house.”

Sehun could see the shock that was displayed across his former lover’s face. “I’ll be there.”

Sehun started to press down on the red icon on his phone until he heard Luhan’s voice. “Don’t do anything to him, Sehun. Just bear a few minutes please. I am sincerely sorry.”

“Mm” said Sehun slowly quickly pressing down on the red icon his gaze never leaving the screen until Luhan’s number stared into his eyes. 

Sehun started to head back to Haowen until he was met with a flustered Aeri. “Sehun!”

Sehun boringly hummed. 

“What is the boy doing in our house?” Aeri scowled, her heavy layers of makeup couldn’t cover up the wrinkles that were already starting to form due to the hatred she felt for every single thing that was not herself.

“A child of a friend of mine.”

Aeri frowned. “What kind of friends are you making, Sehun?” 

“Stop bothering me.”

Aeri screeched. “Sehun! I’m the mother of your child, your fiancee. I have a right to know what kind of people you will be associating our baby with.”

Sehun frowned. “Aeri.” he whispered slowly. “Why haven’t you gone to the doctor to check up on our baby. I’m pretty sure I know enough about pregnancies to know that you should go see a doctor.”

Aeri widened her eyes. “Of course I have gone to the doctor’s office, Sehun. What are you talking about?”

Sehun shrugged and walked back to Haowen. “Just take me with you next time, will you love?”

Aeri blushed at the word love. “Of course, darling.”

Sehun smiled but his scowl reigned across his mind. What had Aeri been thinking when he had said love. She should have know by now that he hadn’t meant it. “Do get a piece of bread for the boy, will you?”

Aeri bobbed her head eagerly. “Of course.”

She scrambled away, black heels tripping over each other in eagerness to please her fiancee.

The boy did not move at all. His feet slowly swung, but that was it. It seemed as if he was a lifeless doll. Big black eyes, a small button nose and a face that seemed like glass. Sehun couldn’t help but stare at Haowen. There was something about the boy that seemed so familiar to his heart.

The doorbell rung once more. Sehun dreaded getting up and facing Luhan, but he quickly got up, hoping to get Haowen out of his mind. Out of sight, out of mind. 

Authors Note: Sehun can be so mean in the fanfic sometimes. Ahh! Haven’t updated in a while, but I hope you enjoyed the chapter.