Complete My Puzzle

Forgotten

Chapter 9: Complete My Puzzle

Sehun smiled at the two boys slurping excitedly at the drinks. The cold man almost cracked a smile when he saw Ziyu messily his fingers which were covered in a sweet and sour sauce that Ziyu had practically dumped on top of the pile of chicken. It reminded Sehun of Luhan. 

Sehun choked on his own piece of chicken just by thinking of his ex-lover. Luhan always ate messily when they were together. It never failed to amuse him. 

He fixed his gaze on Haowen. The older of the two twins attracted less attention than his younger counterpart, but the older two had a different type of appeal. Haowen didn’t even touch any of the sauces that were laid out, but he instead dove in Sehun’s pile, grabbing the chicken that was coated the most red. Haowen’s eyes were always staring at his brother’s, watching every move that the younger twin made. It was often Haowen who wiped the smudges away rather than Sehun.

Ziyu sniffled a yawn and dropped his last bone onto his plate. “I had a lot of fun, Mister!”

Sehun’s eyes crinkled as he smiled. “Ah, I had a lot of fun.. too.”

Haowen coughed and away the residue of the chicken away from his lips. “Mister, I think that you should bring us home now. Baba is probably worried. Ziyu and I have school tomorrow. We mustn’t be late.” 

Sehun chuckled. “Here,” he said, grabbing a box. “Let’s package away this chicken so you two can eat it tomorrow as well.”

Ziyu’s eyes gleamed as he heard Sehun’s words. Haowen smiled a bit too, secretly and eagerly glancing at the large mass of the uneaten chicken that was packaged into the box. 

“Come on boys,” said Sehun, grabbing his forest green trench coat, leading the twins outside to his car that was waiting for them. 

The drive home was eerily quiet, but that might have been because Ziyu was sleeping. Haowen’s eyes were half-lidded. They seemed to refuse to close.

Haowen automatically jolted up as soon as Sehun parked his car in front of Luhan’s apartment. The area was dark and the walls seemed to be peeling. He frowned at the space.

Sehun wrapped Ziyu in his arms, holding Haowen’s hand with his spare hand as they climbed up the narrow steps. 

Sehun was about to tell Haowen to help him knock on the door, but it immediately opened to meet the worried face of Luhan.

“Luhan..” He softly whispered, but the smaller of the two adults looked away and scooped Ziyu up and away from Sehun’s arms. He glared at Sehun and turned his body away from Sehun. “Come in. Let me get the two settled and we can talk about what happened.”

Sehun nodded, slipping off his leather shoes and placing them on a shaky metal rack that was near the front entrance. He gingerly sat down on the ratty couch, waiting for Luhan to tuck Ziyu and Haowen into bed. 

He could hear the whines of Luhan’s children as the young father struggled to keep them in line. Sehun could mentally visualize Ziyu whispering to Haowen once Luhan closed the door.

A few minutes later, the door clicked shut. Sehun could faintly hear a small sigh of relief from his doe eyed ex-lover. Sehun wanted to see those warm brown eyes, but he was greeted with that of cold chocolate.

Luhan sat down next two him on the couch, picking up a mug of coffee that had most likely been neglected from hours of worrying. 

“Sehun. What were you doing?” Luhan pushed up his bangs in frustration. “Why are you doing this to me?”

Sehun was quiet. “I wanted to make my amends for my mistakes in the past. I just want to heal our relationship towards each other. We.. no I wasn’t the best person a few years ago, but we haven’t even been associated with each other once we graduated. I want to help you.”

Luhan breathed in a small breath of air, pursing his dry lips together. He took in a big gulp of cold, bitter coffee. If only Sehun knew how much he meant to Luhan during those times of separation. If only Sehun knew how much Luhan thought of him whenever he looked at Haowen and Ziyu.

“I cannot help but agree with you. We honestly should not have a reason to be so hostile towards each other.”

“Great, how about some brunch tomorrow? I know this perfect-”

“I can’t. I can’t Sehun.”

“Why can’t you?”

“You know that I have to take care of the twins. Please don’t ask such questions that are filled with your.. stupidity.” Luhan was started to grow impatient. He would have to push Sehun away from his life before anything got out of hand. 

“We could always bring the twins with us.” Another idea popped into Sehun’s head, maybe it would comfort Luhan. “I could always get Aeri to look after them.”

Luhan was speechless. He could have sworn that Sehun said that he was sick and tired of his fiancee. Did they rekindle their love? Had Sehun been lying to him even while being drunk?

Luhan scowled and placed the mug on the table.

“Why must you be like this. I told you to stop already. We aren’t getting anywhere and I believe that any percentage of our friendship died away years ago.”

Along with my heart, he softly murmured. Soft enough that it didn’t reach Sehun’s ears. 

“Please leave now, Sehun. I have to get to work later.”

Sehun nodded and gently slipped his shoes on. The taller was upset at his failed attempt. He sighed, he should have known that Luhan was anything but cooperative. He had obviously done something wrong to spite the smaller. It would be nice to know what had happened in those past years. 

Sehun left the door open, accidentally.

A shadow peeked out, eyes streaming down with tears and body shivering.

“Drive home safely.”


Authors Note: It has been so long since I updated this fict! Very Very sorry!

I hope you enjoyed a .. mildly calm read. BUT don’t worry! More drama to come later :)

Kisses to everyone. Tell me what you think!