Take It Easy

Forgotten

Chapter 12: Take It Easy

“Baba,” whispered Ziyu clutching a wet towel, wringing a thick brown liquid off. He took the piece of cloth and started to scrub the dusty floor, flicking away bits of dust and slicking the floor with stripes of water. 

“Hmm?” hummed Luhan, brushing his hair away from his sweaty forehead. He fell down and rubbed his knees in agony. The hard wooden floors did nothing for them. 

“Won’t we ever get to see appa again? He didn’t look very happy yesterday.”

Ziyu looked up from the cabinet, his hair was covered in a round fluff of dust, his eyes darted to his younger brother. Ziyu and Haowen had already talked about how this topic was sensitive to their Baba. Haowen started to set down the duster, but Luhan raised his hand, stopping the small boy from doing anything. 

Even with the body of a child, Haowen was far more advanced than his age range. He knew that Baba was hurting from even thinking about their ... appa.

“Ziyu, baby,” Luhan refrained from touching his younger son, for his hands were dirty. “Appa is too busy for us to come and visit him, at this time, but Baba will try to arrange for him to come, is that alright, my Ziyu?”

Luhan bit his lip in nervousness, desperately wishing that Haowen wouldn’t utter anything out of line.

Ziyu smiled and looked up from the ground, a faint gleam of a smile was traced on top of his small, cherry red lips.

-

Sehun shut his eyes and hissed, staring at the blank wallpaper in front of him, beige and red. 

He couldn’t believe what Luhan had said, it was impossible. There was no way that he would have sired two kids without someone trying to chase him down for money, but Luhan wasn’t that kind of person, hell, if it was Aeri, she would have aborted the baby as fast as she could swipe a credit card for a new pair of black stilettos. 

Luhan was always good looking, often described as being pretty, baby faced, he was often mistaken for being a girl. That never changed even after the years they have been separated. He was smart, top of the class, he was nice and kind, a bundle of joy. Luhan didn’t deserve the life he was living. Without his two boys, he could have been living in a mansion as big as the one Sehun lived in, husband and new born in hand.

Sehun sobbed, he didn’t want anything to happen because of him, yet he still refused to accept the fact that it was his fault that Haowen and Ziyu were born. They were a bundle of joy, an escape from the bleak world that Sehun was currently living. 

The cold faced man was never recognized as being social, sure he was handsome and quite popular, but he hardly ever interacted with anyone except close friends and family; he sometimes didn’t even do that. 

He was the opposite of Luhan. He knew that he didn’t deserve a plush lifestyle, yet that was what he had, the world was truly cruel. 

“Sehun-ah,” called Aeri, interrupting Sehun from his daze. “Sehun-ah! Are you crying, wait right here, I’ll get you a tissue.”

“Stop, Aeri.”

“Bu-But Sehun-ah,” whimpered Aeri nervously glancing at her soon to be husband. She knew that she was treading on thin ice with Sehun always ignoring her, and when he wasn’t, he was annoyed and easily angered. 

Sehun shrugged on a coat, “I’m leaving.”

Aeri shrieked and stomped he feet, clutching onto Sehun’s hands, “You won’t. You don’t dare, Oh Sehun.”

Sehun glared, his eyes, a dark hue of black, “Stop Aeri, I’m sick and tired of you always behaving like this. Get a life and grow up.”

Aeri frowned and pursed her lips together, forming a thin line that stretched across her face.

“Where are you going, then?”

That stopped Sehun in his tracks from slipping on one shoe. “Why do you care so suddenly?”

Aeri bit her lip, “I-I don’t want to make our baby sad when his father is gone,” she pouted. “Please stay, Sehun-ah, for the baby?”

Sehun in a deep breath. Aeri was right. He shouldn’t be so brass in making decisions when he was a soon to be father with a pregnant fiancee. 

“I’ll stay.”

Aeri smiled and planted a wet kiss on his chiseled cheeks. “Why don’t I make you something to nibble on while we talk,” she smiled and sashayed into the kitchen, “I didn’t want the maids working too hard when I could be helping you out, so I gave them a break for today. Okay, Sehunnie?”

Sehun nodded mindlessly following his excited fiancee.

“What would you like to eat?”

Sehun mumbled incoherent words, picking up his phone while on the way. He swiped up and started to reread the texts he had gotten from Chanyeol. 

The tall giant seemed to be avoiding Sehun nowadays; he said something about Baekhyun being pregnant and how he had to stay home. 

“Sehun-ah!” Aeri pouted once more. It was getting quiet annoying to see how needy she was. 

Sehun looked up from his phone and stared at Aeri in a blank state of mind.

“You haven’t even told me what you wanted to eat.”

“Eggs.”

She bobbed her head and grabbed a pan and five eggs. 

Soon, a large omelet was placed in front Sehun’s face, the smell of peppers and onions stung the air. 

“Eat up,” she said smiling, sitting down with her small plate full of rabbit leaves. “I heard the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach.”

Sehun rolled his eyes and poked at the omelet. “I would appreciate it if you put less-”

The doorbell rang. Sehun quickly stood up, taking the chance to finally leave the awkward moment with her.


Authors Note: I wonder if you know who rang the doorbell ..

Let’s see what Aeri’s reaction is to Sehun’s love affair.