Letting Go

Forgotten

Chapter 15: Letting Go

Sehun slowly covered himself in the cool bedsheets. Swirls of white and purple clouded his mind. Aeri had been lying about her pregnancy. All he had to do was to let go and fall into temptation, abandoning her. 

He started to close his eyes, letting himself fall into the mist of swirls. 

As long as he kept quiet, everything would be fine. He decided to deal with Aeri's whines later. 

-

“Luhan.” A hoarse voice whispered. The smell of beer reeked in the air. Luhan quivered, his eyes were squeezed shut in terror. “Father.. Spare me today.”

A chuckle broke the tense air as the crash of glass erupted the silence. “Did you just ask me to shut up, boy?”

Luhan quivered, his slight smiled quivered as he hugged his legs into his chest. “Not now, father.”

Bloodshot eyes widened in delight as a wicked smile painted across the old man’s face. “Come here, boy. Be a good boy for daddy.”

Luhan shook his head, but he had nowhere to go, trapped in a corner with his father cornering him in further and further. “Oh don’t be like that, baby.” He cooed, a wicked laugh erupted once more. 

The smell of rum filled the room this time as a bottle was opened. It was doused atop Luhan’s head, coating his body with the sticky mixture. 

“Come here, I’ll help you it up.”

Luhan shook his head desperately, his wet hair flopped side to side as he did so, but he did not struggle as the old man made his move. 

A scream shook the walls. 

Luhan gasped as he woke up, his head swelled with pain from the nightmare. He had tried so hard to forget about his father, but the memories trapped him inside. He quickly got up, taking a quick sip of water to cool his head, followed by a few pills that usually stayed hidden behind a tall cabinet. He had yet to see the pills in years, never thinking a panic attack would happen. Something had triggered this. 

He shook his head in disappointment. He was so angry at himself. Small mistakes were frequent. He should have regulated his thoughts before going to sleep. At least Haowen and Ziyu didn’t see anything.

He slowly picked up the phone to check Kyungsoo’s message.

Luhan, 

I found this nice cafe you would love, do come with us this time will you? 
I’ll get my cousin to help you take care of Ziyu and Haowen. 

Luhan frowned and shook his head. He had yet to leave Ziyu and Haowen alone. 

Kyungsoo and Baekhyun were always furious at him for never spending any time with them. 

Kyungsoo,

I can’t, you know that, Kyungsoo. 

Another message soon popped up on the screen. 

Luhan,

Please, Luhannie. For me? 

Luhan slowly opened his text box, typing his message out perfectly. A slow tear rolled down his cheeks. Only Baekhyun and Kyungsoo had known of his condition. 

Kyungsoo,

I’ll be there. 

He hugged his phone to his check before slowly letting his head go back into the depths of darkness. 

-

Luhan slowly pushed open the cafe door. A soft chime of bells rang in that air, the smell of honey biscuits was hidden among the various types of cakes and dough. 

“Luhan!” waved Kyungsoo, his thin arms dangled in the air, but his cheeks radiated with happiness. 

Baekhyun was also there, his face shoved in a piece of cranberry pie. 

Luhan chuckled and smiled. “Baekhyun.” he whispered, his friend’s name was foreign against his lips. “Kyungsoo.”

Baekhyun looked up and smiled. “We miss you, Lulu.”

Luhan softly smiled. “I miss you too.”

Kyungsoo sighed and shoved a piece of coconut cake in front of his face, “Eat.”

Luhan smiled at the white masterpiece, coconut shavings were scattered across the whipped cream frosting. “You don’t need to help me, Kyungsoo.” He pushed the plate away, “I can’t eat this.”

Baekhyun frowned and crossed his arms. “You love coconut treats, Lulu.”

Luhan shook his head smiled, his lips formed a thin line, curving up towards the dim lights. “I haven’t had coconut in a while. I can wait.”

Kyungsoo frowned, but he didn’t want to pressure his friend. Luhan would somehow find a way to pay him back, even if it was a small treat. Luhan had such a fragile and innocent heart, so selfless. 

Kyungsoo slowly packaged the cake, reminding himself to give it to Ziyu and Haowen.

“What’s up?” asked Luhan, his hands unconsciously tapped against the bamboo table. He was not used to leaving Ziyu and Haowen with someone other than himself. Even at work, the twins was all he thought about.

Baekhyun beamed, clapping his hands. “I have great news.” Kyungsoo even smiled, his wide owl like eyes shone under his cap. He pushed three airplane tickets to France in front of Luhan.

“Wh-What’s this?” his face wrinkled up in confusion. 

Baekhyun smiled and pulled out his phone, showing Luhan a couple of sketches that he sometimes made when he had the time. Pictures of them popped up on the screen, elaborate dresses and sleek suits were painted in a rich frosted gold tone. 

“I sent a few of them to a fashion designer in Paris and he offered to help you improve. He has lovely connections, you know? I’m sure he’ll even land you a job after a few months.”

Luhan smiled and laughed, “That’s a lovely thought. Now what are the tickets for? Are you two going to France?”

Baekhyun shook his head, “How clueless are you, Lulu?”

Luhan pouted and pursed his lips, “What are you talking about?”

Kyungsoo patted the clueless father on his shoulders, “You’re the one that’s going to Paris.” 

Luhan covered his mouth in shock.

Baekhyun laughed. “We promised we’d help you with your dreams.”

Luhan sobbed, tears of joy escaped his eyes. 

“I love you.”

Authors Note: There we go~ Luhan’s leaving Seoul for Paris, France. Let’s see who he will meet there.. 

I hope you like where this is going!