Your First Sight

Forgotten

Chapter 3: Your First Sight

“Baba,” said a small child shaking his sleeping father. The child’s older brother looked from the side with a bored gaze plastered on his face as he drank the strawberry milk he had stolen from the small fridge. 

“Baba, wake up! You promised to take Haowen and I to the park.” The younger of the two said jumping on the queen sized bed they all shared. “Ziyu baby,” Luhan said with a yawn as he stretched his limbs and got up from the bed to ruffle their hair. “Alright Ziyu. Baba is up.” Luhan smiled at his two children. Even if Sehun left him, he was given a blessing with two beautiful twin boys. 

Ziyu and Haowen had been born four months after he graduated and both of them were bright as the stars that spanned across the night sky. They were the only happiness in Luhan’s life. He would die for his beautiful boys. 

He smiled at himself. He would never forgive what Sehun had done, but he was very fortunate to already be a parent. His life was led out of smooth paved path, but he wouldn’t trade it for anything. 

One day.. he will tell Ziyu and Haowen about their father. That day seemed to glide farther away every time they smiled with their whole face lighting up. They were the sole reason why Luhan had stayed sane. They brought the love back into Luhan in which he forgot to understand. 

He zipped up Haowen’s jacket and led them both to the neighborhood park where the majority of the kids were playing. Luhan stared at his two boys. They had only played with each other; a tear slid down from his eyes. It was all his fault. Luhan swiped the tear away, he took in a deep breath.

Once, Haowen had asked for a mother and child to toss his old tennis ball back towards him. The child, a little girl, had gotten up from the bench to pick it up, but the mother quickly stopped her glancing in Luhan’s direction and dragged the girl away from Haowen. 

The other mothers had called Luhan names behind his back.

“What an irresponsible person!” said one mother crossing her arms. “I bet his two filthy children are exactly the same as him.” 

“I heard he whored himself to even get the job he has now.” 

The mothers hummed in agreement. Luhan had no interest in taking part in gossiping. He merely smiled at them as they turned their backs to him. 

Luhan had never fit in with the other mothers, they all wore tall heels that seemed to hurt their feet every step. They had long hair curled in the latest fashion and clothes that were bought from their husband’s money.

Luhan had never cared, turning a blank sheet every time they said anything bad about him. However, he had never allowed anyone to talk about his children in such a bad way. He proudly remembers the giant splotch of red that marred the face of a woman who had called Ziyu a piece of trash picked up by a filthy man. 

For Luhan, it has been a couple of good years. Luhan had no family except for his two boys and they only knew Uncle Baekhyun and Uncle Kyungsoo. 

Baekhyun had struck up a relationship with his long time crush and they were now married with a baby on the way. Luhan noted that the baby shower was later this week. Chanyeol, according to Baekhyun, was the perfect Prince Charming, but for some reason he never satisfied Baekhyun’s needs.

Kyungsoo seemed to have a secret relationship. He always sneaks out earlier than before after receiving a call or text. His eyes would sparkle and his heart shaped lips would break out in a smile. Luhan had no interest in seeing Kyungsoo’s secret boyfriend. He believed in privacy and security, something he has never had before. 

Daily tasks filled Luhan’s mind. 

He would have to buy Ziyu new shoes, his second job, a part time job he had a night should suffice for a new pair. He would have to find another job soon. Luhan thanked himself for such understanding children, they never asked for the most expensive of things, but he sometimes felt guilty for not having them enjoy their child as much as other children their age. 

Luhan always blamed himself for letting the twins get attacked with words out of reach. They didn't have a car, so Ziyu and Haowen could not go to a new school, but the two always made it sound lie everything was fun and that they were happy to be at school. 

Luhan once found Ziyu's favorite shirt ripped, but Ziyu shook his head and defended his classmates and stated that the rip was only himself trying to be a super hero. Haowen had his new lunchbox covered in mud with foot prints stamped all over it, but the boy didn't do nor say anything except going to down the street to the local gas station to use their bathroom to clense and wash it. Luhan felt his heart holding the two so close that a barricade was put up to stop anyone else to get close to them and himself. Call him overprotective, but with his past.. 

Ziyu and Haowen came back huffing and puffing their loose shirts let the cold air attack them. 

“Ziyu, Haowen,” said Luhan hugging both of them. “We’ll get you a treat today. How about some fried chicken?” Their eyes lit up. Luhan laughed. His laugh filled the air, seeming to make it warmer.

Luhan had no money to afford weekly outings to get food, so they usually drank soup and ate rice. They only bought food outside when it was a good time to celebrate. Today seemed like a good day.


Authors Note :// I hope you all enjoyed this mildly calm chapter~ 
More drama in the future! Please comment your thoughts :) 

Thank you for all the love ^^