My Beloved

Forgotten

Chapter 21: My Beloved

“Boss!” exclaimed Xiumin widening his eyes, recognizing Kris even in his drunken state. “What-what, I didn’t see you here earlier.”

Kris snorted, “I just arrived to see Luhan drunken beyond his capacity. Don’t tell me you’ve been dragging new employees to this bar and getting them drunk beyond death.”

Xiumin laughed, wildly not knowing when to stop. “Of course not, boss. We’ve known each other for years. you know I wouldn’t do that.”

Kris narrowed his eyes, “I do not know that, Xiumin. In fact I know just the opposite of what you are saying.”

Xiumin waved his hands and flicked Kris’s wrist off of Luhan’s shoulders. “Alright, alright, Boss. I’ll take Luhan home. You needn’t worry anymore. Happy about that?”

Kris snatched the doe like male away from Xiumin’s grasp, a low growl emitting from his vocal cords. “I don’t think that’s the best choice for you.”

Xiumin growled back, “Boss. I am perfectly capable of taking care of Luhannie.”

Kris pulled Luhan back even more. “Oh Xiumin.. do look at yourself, will you? You’re a mess. Clean yourself up and I’ll see you at work on Monday, alright?”
 
Xiumin started to open his mouth, but slowly closed it and nodded. “Alright then, boss. I’ll go find Jongdae.”

Kris stiffly nodded and turned his attention back to Luhan. 

“We better get you home.”

Luhan nodded and started, noticing that his vision was starting to grow even more blurry with the passing time. “Do you know your address?”

Luhan nodded.

Kris smiled, gently, every so gently. 

“I can drive you home,” Kris pulled Luhan up, but the small deer was already asleep on the couch. 

Kris sighed, chuckling, his low voice rang across Luhan’s listless state. 

-

The morning rays hit the wide windows, allowing light to shine in past the rich blue curtains and into the modernly decorated room. Luhan blinked rubbing his eyes and hissed as soon as he got up, his head was throbbing painfully as if a hammer had been whacked against the skull for an hour or two.

Luhan groaned immediately filling his head with worries. He remembered the last time he had woken up like this. He couldn’t afford to make the same mistake twice. He couldn’t afford to push himself into a deeper amount of poverty. If anything had indeed happened with Kris, he would no doubt be fired, left to fend for himself in a new country and one weeks worth of work. Luhan groaned, lying back down on the plush sheets. He would enjoy the comfort for as long as he could.

“Luhan!” called a man entering the room, a large black tray was in his hands. “How are you feeling?”

Luhan widened his eyes, he didn’t remember going home with Kris. “Boss!” 

Kris smiled gently and laid the tray on Luhan’s laps, propping up the metal stands for the tray to sturdy itself out, “Are you alright? I brought some pills, a glass of water and made some pancakes. You must be in torture from last night.”

Luhan quivered, nervously biting his lips, “Last night?”

Kris nodded, “Awful for you. I’m sorry about that.”

Luhan creased his eyebrows, “What are you talking about? I don’t remember anything from last night.”

Kris his lips and hummed, “You were dead drunk and asleep so I took you to my house. That’s as much as I knew, you were with Xiumin before I came to the bar.”

Luhan nodded and swallowed the pill, excited to take the pain away.

“Nothing happened between us.. Boss?”

Kris shook his head, “What makes you think that?”

Luhan shrugged and looked down at his pancakes, oozing with maple syrup and butter. “Thank you for the breakfast.”

Kris smiled, “Anytime. Tell me when you think you’re ready and I’ll call a cab for you. Alright?”

Luhan bobbed his head, 

He nodded back and stepped out of the room, closing the door with a sharp click. 

Luhan hissed at the bitter aftertaste of the medication. He carefully cut into the thick layer of pancakes, letting the sweetness drizzle out of the stack of flour. Luhan hummed reveling in the sweetness, something he rarely divulged in. 

Soon, the last crumb was gone, leaving a plate covered in the sugary syrup. 

He stared out the window, staring into the large buildings. Sehun used to tell him the wonders outside of Korea. Those were during the times Sehun actually tried to be civil, before he discovered he was pregnant. 

Sehun was a sweet man. Always showering him with the best chocolates, providing him the best meals at the most elegant restaurants. There would always be a text message before bed, one right before he woke up, one at lunch, one in the evening. Sehun was a lovely man. A godly man. 

He promised Luhan that they would be together for a long time. He promised that even without verifying their relationship and Luhan believed him. He believed all of his sweet whispers that were stabbed into bloody lies.

No one could deny that they dreamed of being in a eternal fantasy with Sehun. He had been raised like a Prince and Prince’s always treated their Princess’s like gems. Luhan wanted to be loved. That’s all he wanted.  

Luhan looked at the clouds above the large skyscrapers. 

The dreams he had six years ago would no longer be possible. They were still his fantasy, but they weren’t the only things he dreamed of, they were no longer the things he cried from. 

“I promise I’ll be something..” 

Luhan wanted to be loved. That’s all he wanted.

AUTHORS NOTE: I hope you enjoy this update !

What do you guys think about Luhan’s thoughts about Sehun?

What’s up with Luhan and Kris? Are they something or just friends/co-workers?