All Too Familiar Feelings

He Stole My Heart

 

Another year had passed, you were still trying to get L.joe out of your mind by doing so many things at once. F(x) knew that you wouldn't be able to handle so many things at once but still didn't bring themselves to say anything.

Just a few days ago, you had come down with a high fever. You were miserably lying in bed, the fever making the air around you cold then hot then cold again. Cold sweat made a sheen cover over your body, your hair damp and looking like a bird's nest.

"~~~~~?" Victoria came in with congee and tea on a tray. She had taken a week off to nurse you as she was mostly immune to common sicknesses. "You awake?"

You struggled to sit up in your bed, from the body pains and the stiffness. "I'm awake."

"Here, freshly made so eat it all and go back to sleep," Victoria placed the tray on your bedside table and helped you sit up. "How you feeling?"

"Same as yesterday," your voice was hoarse and croaky. You took the spoon, your hand shaking, and started to eat the warm congee.

"No progress?" Victoria sighed with an unsatisfied look.

"Not much," you shrugged and sighed in chorus with Victoria.

"Well, just leave it here and I'll fetch it later," Victoria got up from her spot and headed for the door. "One more thing ~~~~~, L's going to visit him today."

You just blankly nodded, something blocking the congee from going down as you swallowed hard.

"Just wanted to let you know," Victoria's voice turned into a soft whisper.

As Victoria closed the door behind her, you felt even more weak. *L.joe's in there, enduring everything they throw at him and look at me… I'm a mess…* The ringing of your phone interrupted your shallow thoughts.

"Hello?" you picked up without looking at the caller ID.

"Baby girl! Let's go and see L.joe!" L's voice came from the other side. "I heard that he wanted to see you."

Your eyes brimmed with tears as you took another spoonful of congee. "Oppa, you know I'm in no position to go…"

"Well too bad cause I'm already here," L came barging into your room, his phone to his left ear. He hung up and looked at you from the end of the bed, careful not to go too close. "You look hideous! Not presentable at all!"

You rolled your eyes, "You know-"

"No excuses, let's go get you all fresh and nice smelling," L came up to you, took the spoon out of your hand and placed the tray so it was out of the 'danger' zone. "Okay, in the bathroom you go!" L handed you a black pencil skirt, a baby pink chiffon shirt, new undergarments and your toiletries. "Go go!"

After what seemed like an hour, you came out, all fresh and presentable. "You happy now?" your voice had cleared up from the hot water but still sounded croaky.

"Hmm…" L looked at your pale complexion. "Makeup! Vic! Can we get some makeup action here?"

"Knew you'd ask," Victoria came into the room, on cue knowing that you would need some makeup. "Her panda eyes, small break outs and to make her complexion less… dead right?"

"You got it!" L sat you down in front of the dresser.

You didn't know what to do but look at your zombie self in the mirror. *Am I really going to go see L.joe? What if something like last time happens again? Will I bring myself to leave?*

*****

After your makeup, hair down naturally over your shoulders and changed into your chosen outfit, L dragged you out and into his car. "I'll bring her back early!" he waved to Victoria and zoomed out onto the street.

Thousand of thoughts came rushing into your mind. After a couple of minutes of stressing and thinking of every possible situation, you felt someone's warm hand on yours.

"Relax, I'll be there for you. Like last time," L smiled, eyes still on the road. He gave your hand a light squeeze, "Just worry about being you okay?"

*****

You and L walked through the towering wired fences, security guards giving you spectacle looks. You didn't feel intimidated by the high security, the scrutinising looks from lingering prisoners and looked straight ahead.

L.joe was already waiting in the visiting centre, his ankles chained to the leg of the bolted chair. *L knows that I hate waiting for him.* He sighed and rested his chin in his palm.

You stopped in your tracks, looking at the stainless steel metal door with a label, 'Visiting Area'. The feeling felt all too familiar to you. You took in a deep breath, your eyes closing on reflex.The lighting was artificial, gloomy, almost trying to tell you to turn around and head back to the real world.

"He's waiting," L's soft voice filled your ears. *He's in for it now!* L slightly smirked in victory.

You opened your eyes and nodded, "Let's go."

The guard opened the door for the two of you, the natural light in the visiting area blinding you for an instant. You shielded your eyes, trying to get used to the level of brightness. You felt your pupils contract and you scanned the area for that person.

L.joe saw two awfully familiar figures walk into the room. A female who instantly shielded her eyes from the light and a male, his back to L.joe. *Looks like L but who did he bring?* L.joe leaned in closer, his focus on the female. When she let her eyes adjust to the light, her arm returning to its place by her side, he felt complete again. Whole. His black and white world was now filled with colours from every shade to hue.

"~~~~~~~…"

--------------------

HEY GUYS ! It's been heaps long right ?!

Sorry I didn't get to update in like… forever !

I've got bad news for you guys…

I won't be updating cause I have assessments coming up and they're really really important :/

Sorry ! ><

But on the good note ! I'll be updating a lot more after I'm done with them :)

And that's a promise I'm willing to keep !

Please bear with me for a little while longer !

Thanks so much guys !

<33333