There's Sunshine Between Us

A Daily Life of A Couple

The rain doesn't stop falling from the sky. A pat lands on Sunyoul's shoulder. "You're not going home with us?" Gyujin, Sunyoul's classmate asks him. Sunyoul looks at Gyujin and his other friend, Bitto, and smiles. "N-no..I forgot to bring my umbrella," Sunyoul says nervously. It's his fault not to bring umbrella with him, even though Wooshin has told him to do so. "My umbrella is quite big for three people. And you're smaller than us, so it'll have enough space," Bitto says, but Sunyoul shakes his head, disagreeing to Bitto's advice.

"It's okay, I think the rain will stop soon. I'll wait in here." Sunyoul pushes the two taller guys outside, then waves his hand as he watches his friends walk in the middle of the rain. Then Sunyoul takes a seat and watches the rain. The temperature's dropping and Sunyoul's fragile body can't hold it anymore. He decides to take his phone and call Wooshin.

"Sunyoul!" A voice shouts for Sunyoul's name. "...Wooshin?" Wooshin sprints to the other and quickly helps Sunyoul to wear the jacket he has brought special only for Sunyoul. "I'm sorry..I'm..late.." Sunyoul nods and he doesn't angy at all. "Breath, Wooshin." Sunyoul cups Wooshin's face and calming the other. Wooshin's breathing uncontrollably after running from their house.
"You don't need to apologize. Thank you for coming here," Sunyoul says softly. His airy voice calms Wooshin and the red-hair who is now soaking wet kneels in front of Sunyoul and puts his head on Sunyoul's lap. "Thank you," Sunyoul whispers as he Wooshin's red-hair.

They take at least 5 minutes to take a break and wait, in case the rain will stop. But, unfortunately, the rain is on their stable pace. "It looks like it won't stop sooner," Sunyoul mumbles. He flips his hand and let the raindrops fall on to the back of his hand. "Maybe we should try running through the rain and go to a neaeby bus stop." Sunyoul looks at Wooshin who's still sitting. "No, you'll get sick tomorrow if we do that," Wooshin disagrees. For him, Sunyoul's his number one priority. "But it's better than sitting here like an idiot," Sunyoul says.

Wooshin takes a deep breath and exhales it. "Okay then, come on." Wooshin opens his umbrella. "You only brought one umbrella?" Sunyoul asks confusedly. "This is the only umbrella we have in home." Wooshin shrugs. With a heavy steps, Sunyoul follows Wooshin to be under the small umbrella. "Here, cover your head." A jacket lands on Sunyoul's head. "I don't want you to be sick because of this damn rain." Sunyoul smiles as the impact of his boyfriend's cute manner.

The two starts walking in the rain. It's filled with an empty silence between them. The heavy rain keeps pouring and Sunyoul notices Wooshin is already soaking wet. Their umbrella is so small and Wooshin holds it, secretly giving most of the space to Sunyoul.

"You're my sunshine.."
"My only sunshine.."
"You make me happy.."
"When skies are grey.."

Wooshin looks at the other who's singing softly to the song.

"You never know, dear.."

The other's voice is almost like a lullaby and Wooshin doesn't mind at all.

"How much I love you.."

Sunyoul keeps singing softly while hugging his bag to prevent it from soaking wet. They both see their destination, the bus stop, so they faster their steps and they finally arrive.

Wooshin pats the seat next to him for signalling Sunyoul to sit next to him. Sunyoul smiles and rests his head on Wooshin's shoulder.

"Please don't take.."
"My sunshine"
"Away.."

Wooshin the other's hair and kiss his head lightly. There's no much words from both of them. Sunyoul keeps singing like he's trying to calm the rain, and Wooshin can't stop his hand to Sunyoul's soft hair. They've waited probably for 10 minutes and none of them protested or upset because of it. They were enjoying every second and they didn't mind to stay in the rain, as long as they have each other.

Once again, there isn't any conversation going between them. It's not like they're angry. In fact, Wooshin lets Sunyoul sleeps on his shoulder and intertwins his fingers to Sunyoul's, as he stares outside the window. Wooshin turns his head and whispers, "you're my sunshine, Seon Yein," and smiles.