The Past

Simple Love

TH p.o.v

I don't remember much on my past.  I recall being scolded and shunned by my parents after I told them my truth.

Father: YOU'RE AN EMBARRASSMENT TO THIS FAMILY!

I could see vains looking to pop out of his neck, he raised his arm and slapped me all while my mother watched with cold eyes glaring at me with a loss of emotion, I'll never forgive them for treating me like a dog that rummaged through the trash and spilled everything across the whole house, they took away my humanity

 I know by heart I was lost cause being given back to foster care by seven different pairs of parents for being unsusual, and blank... No matter how many fake smiles they put on and how many times I was told I was loved, there was no proof they ever did.  It's vexing how everyone just stared at me.

`I can think back on when I was at least 12.  I was bullied in 7th grade through all of middle school and my 2 years of high school.  All the teachers were horrible at their job, "keeping our students safe is our priority"  pshh, what a joke.  I was never happy with my life, I had the thought of dying, but I never did while having my friend by my side.  My old friends name was Min Yoongi, he was a year older and fun to be around.  Since I liked any gender at the time, it sometimes made it awkward for him since he was straight.

We were friends for over a year and we made up nicknames that sounded good on us.  I gave him the nickname Suga since I liked candy and he always changed his hair color,  He gave me the nickname V, I don't know the reason why but it sounds cool, plus I can make a peace sign with my hand and it will already be a V sign ( ✌️ ).  I was always talkative before my parents hated me and I was bullied for my interests, next thing I knew my friend had to move away to somewhere else in Korea because of his parents divorce, he went with his mother to... I really don't know where.  I was left alone, to live with problems, pretty much wandering the streets to avoid my parents.

I still had the keys to our house, so when my parents car was gone and there was no noise inside the house I went in and took some food, I took some dollar bills too.  But then my parents caught me and put me in a foster home really far from the house.  That's the time I was transferred from one home to another after seven times until the foster home gave me a bit of money as long as I worked there.  The other workers there became my new friends.  They gave me a place to live and something to eat, they even paid for my education, I can't thank them enough.  But when I turned sixteen they gave me my final money and sent me off to live at an apartment.  I stayed there and looked for a job.  I was bad at everything except for cleaning.  I worked at a small food store and I was paid around eleven dollars every time I cleaned spills, or any big mess.  I kept earning and saving.  I have 10000000 won ($8630.04  usd)  saved in my bank account after cleaning for two years.

I have a late birthday so I turned 19 in September the beginning of my last high school year.  I didn't want any affection from anyone, I wanted to get through this school with good grades.  Until I met him...