Chapter Nine

Don't Fly Away, My Butterfly

When I came back from the mall that Saturday, I went straight to my room and silently cried. I really don’t have the courage to tell my mom what had happened. I mean I kind of told the guys...No that doesn’t work. They saw it happen, it wasn’t from my mouth.

I really don’t want to go to school today. I just can’t show my face. I feel so dirty. The guys probably think I’m a or something. They are probably thinking that I lured him in and seduced him. My skirt wasn’t even that short! But still, we are going to the elementary school today. I want to do this and they will get mad at me if I don’t go for the play. This time it isn’t the play that Hoseok wrote instead it's Namjoon’s play.  So I force myself out of bed.

 

I arrive at the school and I see Mr.Choi standing by the main office with his phone in his hand.

“Good morning, Mr.Choi!” I try covering up my sadness. He smiles brightly at me.

“Good morning, Nayeon. How are you feeling?”

“I’m fine. Thank you. Yourself?” I smile back.

“Are you sure? I’m good but this school won’t lend us a bus to go to the school.”

“Yes, I’m sure. And oh my why?”

“Because the buses are busy. They kindly suggested that we walk to the school. It’s not that far.”

“Oh, it’s no big deal if we walk. The weather is pretty nice. It’s cool! We can help the Earth by just walking!” I smile at him. He chuckles at my response and pats my head.

“Ah you’re right. But I don’t want you to walk more, you’re going to be really tired. I don’t want to take you to the hospital again. We’ll take my car.”

“Awe, you’re sure? Thank you..” I bow my head.

“By the way, stay here so I can take attendance. Your homeroom teacher knows that we are going on a field trip.”

“Oh okay.” I stand right next to him while we wait for the boys to arrive.

 

Namjoon, Hoseok and Yoongi walk through the door and notice us.

“Hey Mr.Choi!” Hoseok waves. “Hoseok,  stay here so I can take attendance and then we can leave.” Mr.Choi responds.

“Oh already?” Namjoon asks. Mr.Choi nods his head. I feel somebody staring at me. I look up and its Yoongi giving me a strange look. What does he want? My eyes widen. His as well widen and turns away. Did I give him my scary look? Oh my god.

“Okay, I’ll bring this to the main office. Stay put guys.” Mr.Choi says and leaves to the main office.

“How are you feeling, Nayeon?” Namjoon asks me. I feel the sincerity in his question.

“I’m good! How about you guys? Ready to be girls today? Haha.” I’m so awkward. I hate it.

“Really? We thought you weren’t going to come today.” Hoseok says nonchalantly.

“Why?” I question them. They’re right, I wasn’t. Great, because of my awkwardness I asked why. I shouldn’t have. Now it's more awkward.

“Um because of what-” Hoseok got interrupted by  Namjoon.

“Because we would make ugly girls.” Wow,what an excuse. Haha. I start laughing.

“Don’t say that! I have to be there. It's once in a lifetime!” Yoongi has a blank expression on his face. Is he annoyed or disinterested? Ugh. I can’t tell. Mr.Choi comes back.

“Alright, we can go. Follow me guys.” He says while we follow behind him and we come out to the parking lot.

“Are we going to get in your car?” Hoseok asks.

“Yup. Nayeon sits in the front.” He opens the door for me.

“Oh, really? Thank you!” Yes, I am grateful. I would not have felt comfortable sitting next to one of them. I’m slowly closing the door and I suddenly hear Mr.Choi say, “ Learn from me. If you really don’t want her to be taken away.” What? That’s so awkward. I really want to see their reaction. Should I turn? Would I make it more awkward? Just as I am about to turn my head, they all get in the car. So I just close the door fully.

 

The ride was awkward and silent.  Mr.Choi parks the car in the school’s parking lot.

“Thank you” we all say in synchronization and we get out of the car.

“Oh, Nayeon your shoe is untied.” Namjoon suggests and bends down.

“Are they? Oh my..” He starts to tie my sneaker. I don’t know how to feel. I look at Yoongi, Hoseok and Mr.Choi’s expressions. Mr.Choi smirks and keeps walking ahead. Hoseok’s eyes widen and Yoongi just raises his eyebrows and follows after Mr.Choi.

“There you go!” He smiles at me.

“Um, thanks..” I smile but why is he being so nice to me? What is happening? Suddenly, I remember...that question Mr.Choi asked me. What did I think of namjoon? Hmm. He knows something. I ain’t stupid, Mr.Choi.

 

We enter the class full of 4th graders. Awe, they’re all so cute and small!

“You may introduce yourselves.” The teacher tells us.

“Hello, we are the WildSunflowers. My name is Nayeon.” I start out. The kids let out little giggles.

“My name is Hoseok. But you call me J-hope. I’m your hope and angel.” He winks at them. What? Is that his street name?  Namjoon and Yoongi give him weird stares.

“I’m Namjoon.” He bows his head.

“Yoongi.” He grins.

“Hello!” the kids say in unison.

“Do you know why we are here?” Yoongi starts out. I didn’t expect that.He doesn’t say much but I guess today he wants to lead.

“For bullying.” One kid says aloud.

“Right, we are going to explore the different types of bullying. How we can stop it and how to endure it as well.” He smiles at them. All of them seem in awe. I’m happy. He continues. “Today you guys can relax. We are going to show you guys a little play. We really don’t want to bore you.”

The kids are a bit shy so they only nodded their heads. Mr.Choi is in the back of the classroom smiling. I’m going to get him. I will get an answer.

“So, I will change first. Then the guys will.” I say first. Hoseok, Namjoon, and Yoongi agree and I leave.

 

We are all ready for the little skit. I have to admit the guys look pretty cute in their dresses. The kids start laughing as soon as they walk in. Their laughs are so cute!

“Ok action!” Mr.Choi shouts from across the room.

“I can’t stand her. She is always getting good grades.” Namjoon begins to say in a girly voice.

“Ugh, I know right. She probably cheated on them. That's what she does.” Hoseok responds.

Yoongi is the girl that they are going to be bullying and I am the bystander. Yoong is sitting and pretending to be studying when Namjoon and Hoseok come up to her.

“Yah, you’re such a cheater.” Namjoon pushes the books that are on the desk to the floor.

“Your mom probably bribes the teacher to give you good grades. Ugh. I can’t stand you.” Hoseok kicks the desk. Yoongi gulps.

“Don’t bring my mom into this.” Yoongi looks at each of them in the eye.

“We will and you can’t stop us. Ew. What type of pencil case is this?” Hoseok grabs the pencil case.

“Yah, give it back!!” Yoongi stands up and tries to get it but Hoseok throws it to Namjoon. Ok this is the part I come in. Namjoon is about to throw it back but I hold his wrist.

“Stop.” I notice that everybody’s eyes widen and start looking at each other. I don’t know if Namjoon is a really good actor but he sincerely looks scared. I look at Yoongi, he also looks taken aback a bit.

“Give it back, now.” Namjoon drops the pencil case on the floor and aggressively let go of his wrist. “Stop tormenting her. That’s not nice. Do it one more time and I will be telling the teacher. How would you like it if somebody did that to you? Let go of that dumb pride and jealousy. It won’t get you anywhere.” I pick up the pencil case and hand it to Yoongi.

“Uh..thank..you.” I’m looking at their expressions. They seem a bit scared and lost. Did I say the wrong thing? The kids begin to clap.

“Oh wow that was awesome!” I hear some of the girls say. We bow our heads.

“So, guys what did you learn? What did Nayeon do?” Namjoon begins to question.  “You what's your name?” He picks the girl that is raising her hand.

“Yerin. She didn’t stand around and just look. She helped the girl that was being bullied.”

“Correct.You see Nayeon had the courage to stand up and not be intimidated by the other girls. We don’t like it when people aren’t nice to us, so we must defend the ones that are being bullied.”

“Yes. That’s the golden rule. Do what you want other do to you. If you want someone to defend you if anything happens then do it to others.” Hoseok finishes.

“You can leave off a warning so they won’t do it again. But in the end, tell somebody. Tell your parents, a teacher,  and your siblings if someone or something is bothering you.” Yoongi says with confidence. It hit me. I have to tell someone. I guess he wants me to tell my parents. But I just can’t.

“Alright, here we have a box. Write down one of your problems anonymously and then we will read them aloud so we can solve it together. If you want you can write questions.” I smile and place the box on top of the teacher’s desk. We pass pieces of paper to them.

“We will give you 15 minutes! Start!” I tell them. A boy raises his hand.

“Yes? Your name?” I ask.

“Doojoon. What if we don’t want to write anything? Or if we don’t have any questions.”

“Oh. Well, we can talk separately if you want. Just write it down on the piece of paper. And you don’t really have to write any questions down.” I respond.

 

“The fifteen minutes are up!” Hoseok announces. The box is pretty heavy. They did write something! I’m so happy! I hold it up for a bit. I take out the first problem/paper.

“Namjoon want to read it?” I give him the piece of paper. He unfolds it and starts to read.

“Hi. I’m always being made fun of because of my weight. I know I’m pretty chunky. But  I can’t stand it when they mention my weight. Girls don’t even want to be my friends..I never win at games during gym. My self esteem is deteriorating. I feel useless.” Namjoon gulps and his eyes turn red. He looks like he’s holding back on something. Suddenly, a kid starts to tear up and turn red. Everybody turns to look at him, the chunky kid sold himself. “I forgot to put separate.” I hear him mutter under his breath. Namjoon’s tears are coming out. I can’t believe it. Namjoon and Yoongi go to him. Everybody seems quite shocked. I am too. Why is he crying?

“Don’t listen to them. Never listen to them. Everybody has great qualities. I bet you do too. Don’t care about what others think. I think you are awesome.” Namjoon bends down to his level and starts to cry as well.  “I was chunky to when I was your age too. Look how I turned out. I’m pretty thin now. But if the doctors tell you to lose weight do it. If not, do something. Don’t let others step on you. If you’re awesome at video games, then that’s your thing! I was never good in gym either. Girls will want to date you.”  Oh my.

“You look like a pretty cool dude. You have to tell yourself that you are awesome. Don’t feel useless. You are alive for a reason. What matters if you are a nice person inside.” Yoongi pats him on the back. I see Yoongi holding back his tears. I’ve never seen this side of him.I also feel bad. I can’t emphasize with the kid. I’ve always been thin my whole life. I can’t seem to understand him. Actually, I never been bullied my whole life. I always tried to be nice to everyone. And since I was never number one but just a smart gal I never had rivals. I always focused on studies and other extracurricular activities that I never had the time to focus on my surroundings. Another hit.

After they consoled the kid it was time for their lunch.  We as well get to have lunch. I couldn’t process anything in my mind. I sit on the stairs that are going down to the lunchroom.

Why can’t I put myself in that kid’s place? Do I not have a heart?

“Yo.”

“Hi..” I respond to a voice. The person sits next to me. I turn my head. Yoongi.

“Min Yoongi.”

He grins at my startled response.

“I don’t know if I can relate to the kids. I’ve read some of the papers that were in the box to see if I went through it. And nothing. I don’t know.It’s driving me crazy.” Why am I telling him this? Why am I ranting to him? He just seems to give me a sense of comfortableness. He nods his head.

“Have you ever been bullied?” I ask him. I don’t want to be the conversation about me.

“Partially..but I had a special friend that was. I couldn’t bare to see my friend getting bullied.”

“Did you do something about it?”

“Of course. It stopped most of the bullying. But after that was done, she repaid me horribly.”

She?

“I’m sorry..”

“You never got bullied?”

I nod my head no.

“Just imagine the scenario and if that was you. Put yourself in your place. Ask yourself how you would feel,how would the other person feel. That would help.” He stands up.

“Oh thank you. Thank you for the advice.” I bow my head and look up at him and smile. My heart is beating so much. He was so close to me! Ah! He freezes for a moment and blinks his eyes. He quickly turns his head to face the stairs. “Let’s go to lunch..” He mutters.

“Okay.” I smile to myself.

A/N: I really hope you liked this chapter!!! Finally we get to see some of Yoongi's emotions. Maybe he isn't as emotionless as we thought. Maybe Nayeon is the emotionless one? Hehe. Till the next update!