Chapter Nineteen

Don't Fly Away, My Butterfly

It's been about two weeks since I got out of the hospital. I’ve stayed home for these two weeks. I've had a tutor come to my house and of course teach me what I miss from school. I would have stressed out by now because of not being able to go to school but I’m actually taking it easy. My mom and dad were still angry at me for coming home late and exposing myself to danger but once they heard lots of people praising me..they calmed down. The police department paid for the hospital expenses as an apology. Suhyun and her mother are doing fine..well for now. But Suhyun sent me a letter saying how she was grateful for saving her mom’s life. Her mom was already weak with all the hits and one more hit would have really left her on a wheel chair, according to the doctor.

“Thanks for visiting me at the hospital.” I retort at Jimin. One of my best guy friends, didn’t visit me at the hospital.

“Well, I am visiting you right now...I brought you your favorite fruit...kiwis!” He enthusiastically takes out the bag from his backpack filled with kiwis.

“My favorite fruit aren’t kiwis..they’re oranges..” I play around.

“What? I swore they were kiwis.” Jimin looks at the bag of kiwis with confusion.

“Nah, I’m playing. It will always be kiwis. Let me go cut them up so we can eat them.” I place the pillow that's on my lap to the side of the couch.

“Oh no you don’t. I can’t let a person that recently got out of a coma to do things. I’ll cut it up.” He stands from the couch.

“It wasn’t a coma. Get your facts straight.” I skip to the kitchen.

 

I take out the cutting boards and the knives. Jimin goes to the sink and washes the kiwis.

“So..any gossip?” I slice one kiwi in half.

“How’d I know you were going to ask. Well. For starters, that new girl Yoo-Jung..yeah she’s not interested in me.” He slices the other kiwi.

“Oh Yoo-Jung.. What happened?” I grab a plate.

“Well..we kind of exchanged numbers and hanged out..” He is starting to become a little shy.

“OK then what?!”I look at him with eager eyes.

“We kind of kissed..” Jimin looks away. WHAT? THEN? I need some time to process this.

“HOW? Explain, Jimin!!” I threaten him with the knife that I’m holding.

“Woah there Nayeon. Easy there, if you kill me I won't be able to tell you.” Jimin chuckles. “Let's finish cutting the kiwis and I’ll tell you what happened.”

“Okay..oh my gosh.”

We sit on the living room couch with the plate of kiwis that's between us. I hand one of the couch pillows. “Get comfortable and talk. Spill the beans.” Jimin heavily sighs.

“Ok so.. actually the day you were admitted to the hospital..but I found out the next day. We hanged out.”

“Oh but how'd you get her number?!”

“I was just getting to that. So sorry, I'm all over the place. Ok, so Youngjae approached her and I happened to be with him. This all happened after school. She said that she wanted to join the musical the drama club is doing this year. I told her that she can that the audition times are already up. I happen to have the picture of the audition times so she told me to send it to her. That's how I got her number…”

“Oh wow..that's really not a creepy way of getting somebody's number.”

“Yeah I guess. I went to the audition with her and afterwards I was walking her home. She invited me inside of her house and I don't know we just started to talk about deep things. There was this awkward silence and she leaned in. And me, being stupid, leaned in as well. We started to make out…”

Oh my. “JIMIN!!!” I hit him with a pillow.

“I know I know… then she stopped kissing me and told me that the kiss doesn't mean anything to her. She likes another guy. She apologized and so I left…” Jimin grabs a slice of kiwi with his fork.

“That's insane..Jimin, oh my gosh I'm so sorry your first kiss had to be like that.” Hah, she definitely likes Yoongi..or maybe Mr. Choi… but I can’t believe she just did Jimin so dirty.

“It's okay now. Ah, so that's some juicy gossip right there.” You bet it is.

 

------

My tutor decided not to come today since at the high school, the day was shortened due to a teacher's meeting. Basically a half day. My teachers told her and me to take it easy, especially since it's Friday. My mom comes into my room and gasps.

“Why are you up so early? Rest! You’re always studying. You should do some chores too if you're up.” It's six thirty in the morning. It's true, I am studying but I just have an AP Calculus test and I really don't need that extra stress, so I’ll just start from now.

“Yes will do!” I respond from my desk. Ah, that's right. Today is the day get to eat lunch with Namjoon..I’m assuming Hoseok is coming along as well. “Remember my friends invited me out to eat today..for lunch.”

“Ah, that's right. Wait, which friends? Those guys?”

“Uh yeah.” Again, she is going to make a problem out of this.

My mom sighs. “Just be careful. They don't seem like they have bad intentions with you but I just don't want you to be taken advantage of...your head can be up in the sky sometimes…” She sounds worried. Well yeah, I don't blame her… I'm recovering from a severe hit.

“Okay, I understand. I'll be more aware of my surroundings..” I twirl my pencil between my fingers.

“Nayeon, you can tell me anything OK? If anything is bothering you or something happened, tell me. I don't want anything bad happen to you again.”

At that moment, flashbacks appear of that day. The incident at the mall. Shivers run through my spine. I feel...dirty. I turn around to look at her and fake a smile. “Okay..” My mom leaves my room.

I try not to think about what happened but when something triggers my memory, I just can't stand myself. I know it isn't my fault but I just feel like it is. And I'm kind of glad that I got a mini concussion, I didn't have to leave the house for a while. I really don't know what to do with myself.

My phone vibrates. Who could be texting me so early in the morning? I unlock my phone. Oh, Namjoon. It says:

Good morning, Nayeon! I don't mean to wake you up. But I would like to know how you are feeling today?”

Oh, that's actually nice of him. I don't know if I should cancel… but maybe Yoongi will come. I haven't seen him since that day. I was hoping for him to visit but not as much though. Meh, I'll just enjoy the company. I text back.

“Hey! I'm feeling well! So we will meet up at the place you suggested. Thanks for asking! :)”

I kind of lied. But I know if I think about that day for the whole day, I won't be able to concentrate on anything. I need some of Namjoon’s sweetness, Hoseok’s loudness and just Yoongi’s presence.

-

 

“Hey, Namjoon!” I’m seriously out of breath. I took a nap and kind of just over slept. I ran to the cafe he suggested that's close by to my house. He was waiting outside of the cafe.

“Oh hey, I thought something happened.I was about to call to you. I'm glad you are here.” He smiles oh so sweetly. “Let's go in.”

I follow after him. We sit down near a big window.

“So where's Hoseok and Yoongi? Aren’t they coming?” I smile, trying to make conversation. His facial expression changes into a confused one.

“Huh? What do you mean?”

“Oh..wait so they’re not coming?” OK but now I'm feeling a bit awkward. One of them, at least Hoseok, should be here. Is this a date?

Namjoon cutely chuckles. “Oh no they aren't. I didn't invite them… but if it makes you feel comfortable, I'll call one of them up..” He takes out his phone. Damn, I feel wrong. I'll just it up and not be awkward. We are friends, there's nothing wrong. I hang out with Jimin at times. No feelings there.

“Oh no I’m sorry! I didn't mean to. I thought it was going to be all of us. But that's fine, they're probably busy now. Let's eat good food and have fun!” I smile at him. I don't mind being around him. He smiles right back at me. His dimples seem to appear to be more visible. Not going to lie, but wow, he's adorable.

“Let's look at the menu.” He says as he picks up the menu. “Get anything you want, don't be afraid. It's my treat, for the courageous Nayeon.”

“Awe thank you!” I look at the menu, feeling a little giddy. I don’t know why..but I just do.

We ordered our food and drinks.

“So as we wait..Nayeon, I want to get to know you more. What you like to do, your passions and goals. Anything honestly. I would love to know.” He innocently smiles. I never really had a guy ask about me. I mean, Dong-woo has, but everything was through text. So it's not really special..well for me. And I’m not really attracted to him.

“Hm..I guess with this volunteer class we have really changed my goals. You know, all my life studying was my priority. Just to get into a good college and make money but I’m seeing that’s not all in life.Like..how can I put it? I’m actually enjoying my youth this year ever since I met you guys and Mr. Choi. Even though..I got physically hurt but that's fine.” Ok but I don’t know why I’m speaking so much. Its this comfortable vibe that Namjoon gives off. Darn him. The waiter places the drinks on the table.

“You know, I’m glad you’re fine now. It was for a good cause..but I don’t want you get hurt again. Next time, I’ll be the one to get hurt for you. You don't deserve to go through that pain.” He shyly takes a sip from his drink. I giggle not knowing how to respond to those sweet words.

“Ah Namjoon..”I take sip from my orange juice.

“So.. what are your goals now?”

“Hmm..well I want to help people now. I don't know, I just want to interact with people and help them in a way. But not customer service, hah. Just maybe volunteer at an orphanage or something like that.”

“That sounds nice. That's true too. I just want to help others, somehow. It's really rewarding. So what are you going to study in college? Any idea?”

Oh shoot. I haven’t really thought about it. I ve been focusing my attention on other things. What college am I going to? What is going to be my major? I’m getting anxious.

“Actually, I don’t know. When I was younger..I wanted to be a nurse..but I never really thought about the implications of being a nurse...but now I think I understand.”

“Ah a nurse? You would be a good nurse. Its great because you'll be able to help the main doctor and the patients.” Our food arrives. “Ah this looks good. Eat first..just in case you don’t like it, I’ll ask the waiter to change it.” Ugh, why so nice.

“Okay.” I awkwardly take the bite of my sandwich. “It’s delicious. Thank you for the invite! Hehe.”

“Okay awesome. I’m relieved.” He takes a bite from his sandwich.

“How about you? What do you want to do?” I’m curious.

“Oh..not to be dramatic. But I write poems..hopefully I can publish them one day. Maybe go to college to be a Literacy teacher. I love to read books.” That is honestly soo cute. Wow, Namjoon.

“That’s really awesome, Namjoon! I would love for you to be my teacher. Haha. And you should honestly show me some of your poems! That’s crazy! You didn’t seem like the type.” He turns red from my comment and begins to stuff fries in his mouth due to the embarrassment. He nods his head. Its awesome to see somebody that has a passion for something, which I really lack. Or maybe my passion is studying and learning anything that's in my way?

We finished eating and he paid for the bill. So now we are outside of the cafe. We stand awkwardly before each other.

“Thank you so much for the meal! That was so nice of you. I really appreciate it.” I smile at him.

“No its no big deal. We should do this again.” His dimples appear on his face.

“Oh totally.” Wait what. I just said that out of habit. Again? I mean I don't mind.. “So I'll guess I'll see you soon?”

“Wait, I have something I want to give you.” He puts his left hand on the nape of his neck.

“Oh..then hand it over.” I take out my hand in front of him gesturing for him to place it on my hand. Instead he suddenly grabs my hand and says, “ Please come with me.” The fact he said please has me perplexed. I can't help but laugh. Its cute. “Oh..okay.” I guess we are holding hands now??! Kind of? He doesn't necessarily drag me but it wasn't like a couple walking down the street holding hands kind of thing. He takes me to a nearby park.

“Stay here, I'll go get it.” You can see the determination on his face.

“Alright, I'll just sit on this swing..” I awkwardly sit on the swing. He grins and leaves to grab my so called present.

I've been swinging for 5 minutes now. I hope nothing bad happened to Namjoon. My eyes wander around the park. Just lovely. Guess what I see. Of course. Its Yoo-Jung and Yoongi. My heart starts to palpitate and my hands couldn't seem to grab onto the swing's handles. They were about 5 feet away from me. They were walking beside each other..looks like they're talking. Suddenly, she tippy toes and kisses him on the cheek.

My heart sinks just like the titanic.

He didn't even flinch.

Yoo-Jung giggles and skips to the nearby tree. Yoongi is still standing there, perhaps in shock? He turns his head.

Our eyes meet.

“Yo..” I slightly waved my hand. He doesn't even reply!! He keeps on staring for about five more seconds. Yoo-Jung comes by, “Yoongi..” She looks in the direction he's looking. “Oh, hey Nayeon! We’ll be leaving to my house, see ya!” To her house?! Is she going to do the same thing to Yoongi that she did with Jimin?! Yoongi turns his head in another direction and walks away. Yoo-Jung follows after him.

What just happened?? “Oh ..okay” I need to get over this stupid crush. They have history. I don't want to get in their way...well I was never in their way in the first place.

Two more minutes pass by and I see Namjoon running towards me out of breath with a small bag in his hand.

“I'm sorry I took a bit long. I just left it at the convenience store my mom works in since it's like a block away from this park.” He's explaining while being out of breath.

“It’s okay don’t worry.” I chuckle at this sight. Its cute.

“This is for you.” He hands me the cute pink and white Hello Kitty bag.

“Do you mind if I look?”

“Uh..I don’t know..uhm-”

“Too late, I’m going to open it.” I take out the medium sized adorable pastel blue box from the bag. I take the lid off. “Oh my gosh..Namjoon. It's so pretty! I can’t believe it. Wow.” It's a beige lace hair bow with delicate and intricate sewing patterns. “Why are you being so nice to me, oh my gosh. Thank you!!” He opens his arms for a hug. Well why not. I go into his embrace.

My heart started to beat. I might..just might fall for him.

 

A/N: sorry for the delay! school started, ugh. and I had a mini breakdown. Lol but im fine so!! Im thinking of doing an update every month. Either on the 10th or 20th of each month, is that alright? thank you for your patience!!! BTS DNA HAS ME SHOOK. THE WHOLE ALBUM I LOVE IT. B1A4S ROLLIN IS AWESOME AS ALWAYS. Please stream B1A4S new song!! i love them so much ahah. So many comebacks i swear all of my wigs have been snatched. i love you my readers!