Chapter Seventeen

Don't Fly Away, My Butterfly

My phone vibrates.

Oh! That’s a text message I hear.

It’s from Suhyun…“Nayeon. I’m scared. Please help.”

Oh my gosh. Ok..what should I do? Stay calm..just stay calm. I guess those 30 minutes actually made a difference. I text her.

“Okay just give me time until I get there. Would it be too late?”

Good. She responded right away.

“Actually. I don’t live there. That was my friend’s house.” She sends the address to her house. Oh wow. Its like 3 blocks away from my house.

My hands and legs are shaking. I gulp and run for it. I really can’t think straight in this situation. All I know is that I have to help Suhyun. My heart is pounding so much, I swear it’s going to leave my body.

How annoying that there aren’t hardly any street lights.

 

For some reason I feel like someone is following me?! Alright, don’t be scared Nayeon. Just keep running. I feel something touch my shoulder.

My arm flinches.

“Ouch. Nayeon, it's me Yoongi.” I turn around.

“Oh shoot. Did I hurt you?”

“Its okay, don’t worry about it.” He’s kind of out of breath. “What happened? Why are you running?” He seems genuinely worried!

“Uhm, Suhyun texted me saying she needed help so she sent me the address of her actual house.”My palms are sweating of how nervous I am. “Just follow me, ok?”

Yoongi nods his head so we begin to run at the same pace.


 

We slow down a bit since we are on the street she lives in.

“Ok the number is 362…” I mumble.

“Oh there!” Yoongi takes out his phone and uses the flashlight mode on it so we can see the numbers.

“Wait the police is already here..?” There is a police car parked in front of the house..

“Text her.” Yoongi replies.

“Ok.” I text her saying that me and Yoongi are in front of her house. She texts back right away saying to go the left side of the house because she’s going to put out a rope ladder that she uses to sneak out of the house.

 

She opens the window and lets down the rope ladder.

“Nayeon, uhm… go first. I’ll be here just incase you fall.”

Frick. My cheeks start to burn. No time for that Nayeon, gooooo.

So I start to climb the sturdy rope ladder as fast as I can. I enter her room.

Yoongi starts to climb as well.

 

I’m nervous. I hear Suhyun’s father shouting. He is obviously drunk.

“Don’t worry Suhyun, we are here for you.” I grab her hand. Tears stream down her face.

“Sorry..” Suhyun looks to the ground.

“Don’t worry. We have to act fast.” I try to comfort her.

“Uh Suhyun,a police lives around here or?” Yoongi looks at the B.A.P posters that are on the wall.

She gulps. “My father is a police officer..that’s why it's hard to report him. My mom wants him to get a promotion so if they find out..he’ll lose his job.”

Oh my. Seriously though, her mom needs help. This can’t happen anymore.

“So I called you over to help me record. I can’t take this anymore...I’m scared.”

Immediately, without thinking I leave her room. I roam through out the hallway of the second floor. I hear some glass shatter.

“Nayeon!” Yoongi tried to scream with the tone of a whisper. For some reason, I didn’t look back. I keep moving forward to get a good shot of evidence. I’m sitting on the stairs that's near the living room from where they are.

“Why do you have to keep calling me you witch? Insecure huh?!” He pushes his wife to the ground.

“No, its not that..” She’s crying. She stands up and starts to shout, “I know you’re with other women! How can I not feel insecure? Why do you do this to me?!!”

He grabs her her long luscious hair and smashes her head against the wall. She fell to the ground unconscious.

My hands are shaking. I don’t want to watch this any longer. I’m actually scared.

“SHUT UP!” He screams and grabs the nearest lamp. With his mighty strength, the cord pulls out of the socket.

No, no noo don’t do this. I can’t do this.

I quickly go down the stairs with the camera still recording. “Nayeon!!”Suhyun and Yoongi whisper shout.

Ok, my heart is palpitating. How should I stop him? What to do what to do.. He’s almost going to hit his wife the lamp…

“NAYEON!!” is the last thing I heard.

~~~~~~~~~~~

 

It was already midnight. Both Suhyun’s mother and Nayeon are at the hospital both unconscious. Taeyeon was the only one that came to the hospital because she picked up the phone and she didn’t want to give her parents the really bad news.

Yoongi’s mom’s boyfriend thats a police officer was there, Yoongi and Suhyun were there as well.

Yoongi was outside of Nayeon’s hospital room by the door, on the floor hugging his knees. Tears stream down his face.

“Is Yoongi okay?” Taeyeon asked his almost to be stepdad as they watched him from afar.

“I don’t think so. I’ve never seen him like that before.” He placed his hands on his waist. “Are you okay Taeyeon?”

“Not really. I’m just really tired but it will hit me in the morning. The doctor said that the man didn’t hit her head it was the harsh fall on the ground that made her blackout. So we have hope for her..” Taeyeon sighed. “How’s Suhyun?”

“She cried and cried until she fell asleep. She’s sitting on the chair in her mom’s room. Oh that kiddo and her mom are going to have to seek therapy. Hopefully it will do them good.”
“Yeah..me too.I’m going to have to tell my parents later on. Can’t wait.. I could totally fake it that she's fine but they have her phone right?”

“Yeah, it survived the hit. So they’re looking at what she recorded. It’s crazy man. But I knew that Suhyun’s father couldn’t be trusted. I met him a couple of weeks ago..”

“Wow..I can’t process this whole situation.”Taeyeon folded her arms. “Yoongi has me worried though..” Taeyeon looked at him again. “I’m going to go talk to him.”

“Alright, I’m going to make a few calls.”

“Thank you for everything.” Taeyeon bowed and walked towards Yoongi. She sat down beside him and touched his shoulder.

“Yoongi..yoongi?” she whispered because it was almost one in the morning and everyone was sleeping. Except for a few nurses that were around.

“It..was all my fault. It was all my fault. I’m sorry.” He dug his head deeper into his knee.

 
A/N: UGH IM SO SORRY. ive been working. but honestly ive been thinking of how to write this chapter. Its kind of hard because I decided to do it in present tense so its sometimes awkward. the second half of this chapter nayeon is unconscious soo I wrote it in third person. its easier as well. Please dont give up on this fanfic! :( i hope you enjoy this! and omg yoongi showing full emotion!!