Chapter Four

Don't Fly Away, My Butterfly

I’m walking through the hallways to go to the cafeteria. I am starving.

“Hey!” Somebody says and put their arm around me. I turn my head to look. Of course. It is Dongwoo.

“Oh hey! You scared me!” I’m trying the best I can to get myself out of his embrace.

“I’m really hungry. What about you?”

“Yeah, I’m hungry.” I respond.

“Let’s go together to lunch. Maybe we can meet up here. I don’t like walking alone.”

“Haha. Maybe.. I see you walking with Sehun.”

“He doesn’t count. He isn’t much company.”

“How can you say that about your best friend?! I’m telling him.”

“Oh no don’t.” He chuckles. He finally takes his arm off. Mr.Choi was walking in the opposite direction. Maybe I should ask him if he wants to donate…

“Hi!” I wave my hand.

“Hi, Nayeon.” He says warmly and stops in front of me and Dong-woo.

“Would you like to-” I am about to ask but he already has the money out. I take it.

“I had a feeling you were going to ask. This is for the babies who haven’t been born yet?” He jokes around.

I chuckle at the reference.  “Maybe…”

“Hope you win the gift card.” He smiles and pats my head. I totally forgot about the gift card. “I’ll see you later.” Mr.Choi keeps on walking.

“Have people given you money?” I ask Dong-woo while we keep walking to the cafeteria.

“I didn’t even start..” He says. Typical of him.

 

We are by the cafeteria area. A few more steps we are there. I look up and from the other end Yoongi walking. My heart is starting to palpitate and my paranoia is going to begin. Lots of questions start to appear in my mind. Do I look okay? Will he get the wrong idea about me and Dong-woo? I’m not easy and definitely not a flirt.  Yoongi, me and Dongwoo arrive at the entrance of the cafeteria at the same time. I never seen Yoongi’s hand react  so quickly. He grabs the door and opens it for us. I notice that Dong-woo doesn’t know what to do. Dong-woo starts a conversation with him,

“Hey bro.”

Yoongi nods his head.

“Thanks.” Dong-woo tells him and goes right in first. Rude. I thought he would let me in first. Oh well. I gulp.

“Um.. thank you!” I say cheery and smile at him. Let’s not be awkward, Nayeon.

He slightly grins and looks the other way. We can not hold eye contact. Ugh. So I enter right in. I feel a bit special because he held the door for me. Oh my gosh. If it was Dong-woo, he wouldn’t have opened the door for him. I turn my head and see a whole bunch of girls entering.

“Oh my gosh, thanks Yoongi!”

“You’re so cute! Thanks!” The girl grabs his cheek. What. What. What, I feel my heart sink. It feels like somebody has pulled my hair.  This is the first time I see this happen to him. I’ve never seen a girl demonstrate skinship with him. And why am I just standing here, looking like a creep?! It’s too late. The girl is looking at me. She smiles.

“Are you waiting for Min Yoongi?”  Her features on her face are delicate and her hair is pretty long. Her face doesn’t look conceited. She gives off a sweet aura. Her smile is pretty and shy. Damn it. Stay positive, Nayeon.

“Huh?”

“I thought you were waiting for him since you were looking at him.” She is so casual and not awkward about it.  Yoongi is standing by the closed door and  is looking right at me and the girl.Well obviously, he probably heard his name. I let out a weird laugh.

“Oh was I? Sorry, I was thinking about something.”

“Oh okay. I didn’t want to be the cause!” She replies with a sweet tone. I nod my head.

She turns to Yoongi, “I’ll see you later! I’m glad we have the same lunch!” Yoongi smiles and responds, “See ya!”. Who is she? Why am I still standing here?? And where did Dong-woo go? I turn my head and he is already online to get food. I turn my head to look at Yoongi. He turns to look at me probably sensing my staring. His face is emotionless towards me. Why such a difference? He walks away to his table.

Why was this so awkward?

 

We are all eating and Youngjae starts the conversation.

“There’s a new girl, I forgot her name.”

“Oh yeah, Yoo-Jung is her name. She’s cute.” Jimin responds.

“Oh yeah! She is so sweet and cute!” Jihyo exclaims.  New girl?

“I haven’t seen her..”

“You haven’t?  Lots of people are talking about her. Maybe I have a chance with her. I call it, Youngjae.” Jimin announces.

“Fine, fine. We will see.” Youngjae places his hands slightly up.

“Hahah, yeah she is so sweet and cute. She looked so lost this morning so I walked her to her first period class.  And she gave me this cute pencil in return!” Jihyo shows off her new cute pencil.

“How does she look like?” I wonder if it is that girl from like a few minutes ago… or is she a junior? “She’s a senior, right?”

“Yep!” Youngjae answers.

“Ah, she was so nice to me. She wasn’t shy at all. I think we are compatible,” Jimin is in his delusional state right now.  “She’s really pretty, with long black hair and her eyes are a bit small.” Jimin continues to tell me. I need to know who this girl is.

“Ohhh…” I take a spoonful of rice. My eyes focus on Yoongi. He looks happy today? Maybe because of her..? Looks like he is laughing at jokes… But I am glad to just see him smile.

I’m so stupid.

Lunch is over.  Everybody is rising from their seats to leave.

“I think that’s her!” Jimin exclaims excitedly.

“Which one?” I am so confused right now. Lots of girls have black hair.

“Let’s go see if she needs any help.” Youngjae suggests. Jimin and Youngjae leave together.

“Oh my gosh.” Jihyo laughs. “I’ll see ya.”

“Bye..” I wave at her while I’m still putting on my backpack. I look up to see what Yoongi is doing. And I see the same girl from before talking to him. How can she do it so easily?? He suddenly looks at me. Was I staring too long? I freeze. He looks back down at her and they walk together. What the hell. Are they dating? I really want to know what they are talking about and what is happening. Is he going to walk her to her class? Or vice versa?  I have this urge to follow them. But my dignity is telling me to go the other way. I don’t want to put myself in  a sad situation. There is this heaviness in me and gloominess that overwhelms me.. I decide to go the other way.

 

I enter Mr.Choi’s classroom. Yoongi is not there yet but Namjoon and Hoseok are.  I am not feeling it right now. I have to stay positive, but how?  Or this is what I get for being nice to Dong-woo? I don’t know. All I know is that I am pretty sad.

“Hi Nayeon!” Mr.Choi says out of nowhere.

“Oh, hi…” I fake smile. Should I sit somewhere else today? Nayeon, stop being dramatic. I’m not even dating him. I go sit in the same seat.

“Oh, Namjoon did you hear about the new girl? I saw her. She’s really cute!” Hoseok says excitedly. The new girl got everyone crazy. What’s her secret?

“Yeah, she is my gym class. She is really pretty. Her name is Kim Yoo Jung. She is not awkward at all. I love it.”  

“Oh really? Her name sounds familiar… “ Mr.Choi begins to ponder.

“She is definitely my ideal. Feminine, expressive, sweet and she looks innocent. Also, she held a conversation with me.” Namjoon declares.

“Innocent? You like innocent girls?” Hoseok scoffs.. I am so intrigued  with this conversation.

“Hey that was a crush. I didn’t know she was like that.”

“Nayeon, we are talking about Namjoon’s ex-crush from middle school. She was a handful. Hahah.” Hoseok tells me.

“What’s your ideal, Hoseok?” I ask him.

“I like girls who like to laugh and just have a good time. But also be caring and responsible. In physical, she should smell like flowers and  be simply dressed well. Not to flashy but not boring.” I shall take a note of that.

“How about you Mr.Choi? What is your ideal?” Hoseok asks him.

“Hmm..I like cute girls. Even though, girls with a mature looking body is nice but I tend to have a thing for cute girls. Also, they should know how to hold a conversation and be willing to be adventurous with me.”  That’s so cute.  

“Oh, she’s here!” Hoseok exclaims.

The same girl from lunch and Yoongi enter the classroom. So is that the new girl? Oh my gosh. So...did Youngjae and Jimin ever get to her..?

“Kim Yoo-Jung…” Mr.Choi mutters.

“Oh, Mr.Choi nice to see you again!” She exclaims.  Again?  She bows her head. Yoongi goes to his seat, which is behind me.

“Are you in this class?” Mr.Choi looks a bit worried…

“No silly. I just wanted to know where Yoongi’s next class is!” She says sweetly.

“Well, thank you for stopping by!” Mr.Choi seems to have gotten rid of his awkwardness.

“Bye, Min Yoongi! Hehe. Oh! Namjoon, bye!” She waves at him goodbye and leaves the classroom.

“Yoongi, what was thaaat?” Hoseoks is smiling.

“I don’t know.” I have my back him. I don’t want to see anything right now. Help me.

“Aye, why are you grinning eh?” Hoseok starts to .

“You’re fast. But she noticed me!” Namjoon is internally fanboying.

I don’t know how to feel. Why...I decide to take out some work out of my backpack. I should focus on school work after all. I don’t want to be a part of this.

“Oh, Mr.Choi you know her? Hook us up!” Hoseok tells him.

“Yeah, I was her teacher in her sophomore year of her old high school. And I’ll think about that..” Mr.Choi continues to  write something down.  “Oh, hand in the plays guys. I’m going to correct any grammar mistakes.”

Namjoon and Hoseok give the plays to Mr.Choi.

 

“Hoseok..’.they softly put their lips together forming a delicious sandwich? He holds her by the waist while she gently s his shirt??’ This is not a fanfic..you weirdo..” Mr.Choi is weirded out. I wonder who the characters were...

Hoseok starts laughing. “I put that in for fun. It’s not me. I asked my sister to give me a line from a fanfic she is reading. Hahah.”

“So this will be crossdressed? So Nayeon would be the guy holding...who? Ah Yoongi by the waist while he s her shirt...Hoseok!!” Namjoon exclaims. This is awkward.

“Nayeon is too innocent for that!” Namjoon continues.

“It’s just a joke, chill!”

“It’s okay, just change it, Hoseok.” Mr.Choi tells him. “Nayeon, is the planning going well?”

“Huh? Oh.. um yes!” I fake the smile. I’m strong. They aren’t dating.

“Do you need me to make any copies?” Mr.Choi asks.

“Um, no. Thank you!”

“Let me know if you need anything, ok?” He says warmly. He’s so nice.

“Nayeon, you’re a bit too quiet today..” Hoseok speaks up.

“Oh, it’s cause it’s Tuesday.Ha..”

“You’re right!”

The bell rings.

“Hallo!”Yoo-Jung pops her head in the classroom.

Mr.Choi ignores her, Namjoon is excited, Hoseok is smiling and I notice that Yoongi looks emotionless.

“Hi Namjoon!”

“Yoo-Jung!”

“Where is Yoongi?”

“He’s...coming..” Namjoon sounds disappointed

“Hey.” Yoongi smiles.

Yoongi and Yoo-Jung walk off together.

“It’s okay bro.” Hoseok hugs Namjoon.

“It’s fine. He’s better looking.” They walk off together.  Why am I still standing here AGAIN? Why am I looking at this? Why am I being weird?.

“Nayeon, I need to speak with you..” Mr.Choi tells me.

“Huh?” I turn my head. He comes toward me. He lowers his head and says, “Are you okay? You seem a bit down today.”

“Eh, kind of..you know those mood swings haha.”

“I’m here for you! Fighting!” He pats my head.

“Thank you!” I smile. He is so sweet. I am walking towards the door. “Oh, Mr.Choi!”

“Yes?”

“I’m here for you too! Stay safe!” I put my fist in the air.

“Stay safe haha. Yes I will try..”


 

I come out  from a classroom talking to a teacher. I hear somebody playing the piano in the auditorium. It sounds like  a Yiruma song...what song is it? Oh it's Love Hurts. I enter the auditorium and sit on stage. Oh, it's Namjoon.I didn’t know he played the piano.

“Nice playing…”

“Oh you scared me. Thanks..”

“Are you inspired today?”

“Yeah haha..”

“The song is Love Hurts right?”

“Oh you listen to Yiruma?”

“Yeah” I nod my head. “Are you okay?”

“Yeah of course!”

“Are you sure? You seemed pretty sad about Yoo-Jung today.”

“Oh…no wonder you’re in all those honor classes.”

“Don’t be silly. It’s readable and noticeable. Don’t worry about it. You’re good looking! So cheer up! Keep that confidence that you display. You also have a great sense of fashion!”

He looks at me and smiles. “Thanks, Nayeon.”

“I’ll see you tomorrow.” I jump off the stage and leave the auditorium. I’m glad I made somebody feel better.  

I’m passing by Mr.Choi’s room and I hear some crying...I pop my head in to see. Oh my gosh..that’s Yoo-Jung.

“Stop treating me so coldly. I didn’t do anything to you.”

“Look I am treating you like how a student and teacher should be.”

“That’s not how you treated me two years ago.”

“We were just friends. Yoo-Jung. I told you and I will repeat it again I am not interested in you.”

“Then why bring my hopes up huh? Why make me feel special when you had noo intention with me!?”

“ Yoo- Jung I treated you like a person. Now stop crying, please.I’m sorry.”

Oh my gosh. What??

“Nayeon?” Mr.Choi looks nervous and embarrassed.

I don’t know what to do. Why didn’t I leave? Why am I still standing?! Why was this the theme for today?? Stupid me. What should I do???

Yoo-Jung turns around with fierce eyes. Oh my god.

 

A/N: Hey! I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! Please subscribe, comment and upvote! Love to hear your feedback!