Chapter Thirteen

Don't Fly Away, My Butterfly

“Where are you headed off to?” My mom asks me  while I put on my shoes.

“I told you yesterday that I’m going to work on the second project with the guys.” I buckle my chunky heels.

“Oh that’s right.  Nayeon, good thing I trust those guys. Or else I wouldn’t let you go. They seem like they respect you.” My mom stands before me.

“Ahh.. yeah they are. If not, I would have taught them a lesson by now.” I gesture a fist.

“That’s my girl. Oh, you’re wearing jeans. I haven’t seen you in jeans in a while.” She says all surprised.

“Yeah, these jeans are nice.  Just to change it up for a bit.” I’m just taking precaution now. I don’t want to be touched again without my consent.  “I’m going to meet up with them at the library. Bye!” I hug and kiss my mom on the cheek.

“Okay, have fun!” she sweetly exclaims as I leave through the door.

 

I walk up to Hoseok and Namjoon that are right in front of the library’s entrance.

“Hey!” I wave.

“Yo.” Namjoon responds.

“Oh, you’re wearing jeans. First time I have seen you wear jeans!” Hoseok tells me.

“Yeah you look cute.” Namjoon smiles at me. Oh wow, I didn’t know guys would notice those type of things. Well yeah, they always see us girls in the uniform skirts.

“Oh thanks!” I reply. “So um.. Where is Yoongi?”

“He said that he will be coming a little late. I don’t know.” Hoseok responds as he checks his phone.

“Namjoon! Hoseok!” I hear a familiar voice call out. We all turn around. Yoo Jung and Yoongi are coming towards us. Yoo Jung looks super happy. Of course, you can’t tell how Yoongi is feeling.  Why is she here? Is he really using this time to take her out? I look at Namjoon’s facial expression. He doesn’t seem annoyed. Am I the only one annoyed? I know he made a promise to her sister. But why today?  Just it up, Nayeon.  

“Did you guys know that she was coming?” I ask before they get to us.

“Yeah, he told us this morning.” Hoseok responds. I nod my head.  Yoo Jung and Yoongi stand before us.

“Hey guys and oh..Nayeon. I didn’t know you would be here.” Yoo Jung says with such kindness. I don’t know if she likes it or not. She looks super adorable. Her dress looks great on her. I really wished that I wore a dress but at the same time I don’t. Oh well.

“Same, I didn’t expect you either. But let’s have fun together.” I say out of kindness. I  want to show that I can adapt myself to any situation.

“Right..” She grins and focuses her attention towards Yoongi.

“Alright let’s go inside.” Namjoon suggests without a care. I should ask him about it. We follow after him and enter the library. This is going to be interesting.

 

“Let’s get that table.” Hoseok suggests. So we go to the table that's way far back of the library that way we won’t disturb others.We all sit down.  There is a silence. It feels really awkward. We take out the scripts out from our back packs, except for Yoo Jung for obvious reasons.

“So did you guys read any of it…” I start the conversation.

“I went over it last night..” Hoseok responds.

“Same.” Namjoon replies. Yoongi only nods his head.

“Ahh, let me see Yoongi.” She takes his script and skims through it. We just awkwardly look at our scripts.  “This is nice. So you guys are crossdressing?” She asks. We nod our head.

“I like this pairing. Namjoon and Nayeon. I ship it.” She giggles.Namjoon and my eyes both widen. No, just no. This is awkward. Yoongi picks up his phone and starts to use it.

“Me too.” Hoseok replies with a smirk. Namjoon freezes.

“Oh we should make a ship name!” Yoo Jung exclaims.

“Namyeon?” Hoseok suggests. I laugh. This is just ridiculous.

“Najoon? Nah..” Yoo Jung begins to try different ship names. I just feel bad about Namjoon, he likes her and she’s doing ship names for him.

“Nah chill.” Namjoon responds. Weird, he doesn’t seem angry.  He knows how to mask his feelings.

“Alright, let’s practice our lines.” Yoongi says all of the sudden. He takes the script from Yoo Jung. Her facial expression becomes serious really quick.

“Okay. You’re right. Before I get hungry. Then I can’t function.” I smile. Yoongi looks at me but after a second of eye contact he looks down at his paper.

“Alright! Let’s start!” Hoseok announces.

 

We start to practice but it's a little awkward because we don’t know what gestures to do. So we would write notes on the script what we would do in that moment. Yoo Jung would add in her two cents. She was actually helpful. She was being really nice to me as well. It’s hard not to get mad at her.  She’s really pretty and nice, for sure Yoongi would give her a chance again. This is probably what the sister had in mind, for him to go out with Yoo Jung one day and realize how much he has missed her.  I’m writing down some pointers on how to act like a guy.

“Basically you would want to act like the main lead of a drama.” Hoseok summarizes.

“Okay..” I write it down. Everybody is quiet while I write it down and obviously we can’t make much noise in the library. Suddenly, my stomach grumbles really loud. They all look up and look at me.

“Was that you?” Hoseok asks.

“Yeah..sorry.”I smile awkwardly. Yoongi abruptly stands up  and leaves the table. Yoo Jung sees him leave and she as well stands up and leaves.

“Where are they going?”  Hoseok asks.

“I don’t know. But he’s always like that. And Yoo Jung..she loves to follow him around.” Namjoon responds.

“Really? He’s like that..” I know that he is very quiet and reserved but I want to see what else they say about him.

“He doesn’t say anything and just does things.  It’s just him. He doesn’t speak much either. Hoseok is the one that is always talking. Haha.” Namjoon tells me.

“Ahh.. okay. So he doesn’t say much with you guys. I thought he didn’t like me..you get me?” I look at them. “I get that cold vibe from him?” I continue.

“Ah.. no he’s just like that. He thinks you’re a nice person. Don’t worry about it.” Hoseok assures me.

“Ah okay.” At Least!! I thought he didn’t like me. That’s nice to hear.  Maybe this is my chance to ask.

“Namjoon?” I start again.

“Yes Nayeon?” He flashes a caring smile at me.

“Um...if you don’t mind telling me. Are you alright?” I’m trying to find the right words.

“What do you mean?” He still smiles.

“I mean like, because Yoo Jung is always with Yoongi…” I look down at the table shyly.

“Wait you think I like her?” His eyes widened. Hoseok starts to giggle.

“Yeah..like remember what I told you..and also the way you look at her.” Ok hopefully he doesn’t get mad at me.

“I used too? I mean I thought she was cute. But in no way she’s innocent. I like innocent girls.” He explains to me. “Besides, she is Yoongi’s ex girlfriend. I would not do that to him.”

“Right...what do you mean she’s not innocent? She looks innocent to me..maybe I’m wrong.”

“You can tell in the eyes. The eyes say everything about a person.” He responds.

“Oh I see.. Ok I was worried about you. I thought you felt uncomfortable.”

“You were worried about me?” His eyes light up.

“She just said so.” Hoseok mutters.

“Haha. Okay that’s good! So anybody you are fond of?” Eh, why not ask. It would be nice to know. I smile at him.

“You..”

-

“Yoongi, where are you going..?” Yoo Jung asks as she follows him.

“I’m going to buy something..” He keeps walking.

“Ahh...for yourself? You should have asked if they wanted something..” She says playfully.

“Why.. do you want something?” Yoongi stops to look at her.

“Maybe…” She says in flirty tone of voice. Yoongi is unresponsive to her flirtiness. He wears his poker face.  “No, I’m just kidding. I don’t want to spoil my appetite for the lunch…” She smiles while trying not to be awkward.

“Oh okay.” Yoongi goes right ahead to get something from the counters. Yoongi picks up a big fuji apple. He is looking to see if there are no bruises.

“I thought you were allergic to apples..” Yoo Jung states. Yoongi is indeed allergic to apples. Why is he getting an apple? Does he want to get an allergic reaction so he not continue the date with her? She starts to worry. “Becareful..”

“It’s alright. Don’t worry bout me.” Yoongi replies in a soft tone of voice.  He buys the apple and four water bottles. Yoo Jung is worried. Why did he only buy four water bottles? Is he going to give one to her? Or is he going to give one to Nayeon?

“I’m a bit thirsty..” She intentionally says and clears .  Yoongi stops walking.

“I’ll wait, there’s a water fountain right there.” He grins. If only he did not grin, she would have gone bezerk. She fakes her smile.

“Oh okay thank you…” Yoo Jung walks to the water fountain.

 

They keep walking and they are close by the manga section of the library.

“Oh Yoongi, let's look at the mangas. Maybe they updated some!” Yoo Jung skips to the section. Yoongi grins and follows after her.

“Yoongi what do you think about this manga?” She calls him over. Yoongi comes to her and she becomes a bit closer.

“What?Let me see.”He says innocently.

“No, forget about that.” She places the book down on the shelf.

“What? Then what?” He grins.

“Remember, we came here because they had biggest manga section than most libraries. And right on this spot was our first kiss.” She whispers flirtingly.

Yoongi’s eyes widened. That’s right. He has forgotten all about their memories. He only remembers dating her. But they kissed? It hit him. All the memories come overflowing in his mind. He cringes at the memory where a 12-14 yr old Yoongi trying to lay a kiss on her. She was surprised but little did he know that she began to kiss him back. It was like she had the experience. She was the one that led the kiss and he just followed not knowing what to do.

“Oh.. yeah.” His face becomes stern. Suddenly, she places her hands on his shoulders and leans in her head. Her lips are so close to his but they have not touched yet.

“Let it be our second kiss.” She whispers. That’s right. That time was their first and only time they kissed.

Yoongi gently places his hands on her arms while still holding the bag of the water bottles and the apple.

“Stop, Yoo Jung.”

Her eyes widen and her face turns really red. She slowly takes her hands off his shoulders.

“What happened?” Yoo Jung’s blood is boiling.

“Nothing.” Yoongi responds like it was actually nothing. He walks away to go the table.  She furiously  grabs onto the ends of her dress tightly but follows after him.

Yoongi stops before entering the main hall of the tables. He hears Nayeon say, “Haha. Okay that’s good! So anybody you are fond of?” ‘ Are they really talking about that?  Who is she asking?’ he thinks to himself.

“You..” He hears Namjoon’s voice. ‘I knew it..’

Yoo Jung behind him, looks at the way Yoongi holds his bag. He holding on to it really tight. She goes next to him and notices his facial expression. He isn’t showing anything. Nothing. Its blank and emotionless. But his hand says otherwise...what’s happening?

‘Why is he like that?’ Yoo Jung says to herself.


A/N: Sorry for short chapter! ;-; I wanted to leave off on a cliffhanger. I really hoped you enjoyed it. I work hard for every chapter! Please have patience with me! College is going to be the end of me haha. Thanks for reading!! I would really appreciate your comments/feedback of this chapter. Lol Yoo Jung's character is pathetic.. oops.