Chapter Eighteen

Don't Fly Away, My Butterfly

“Yoongi..why do you say that? It’s definitely not your fault.” Taeyeon whispered.

“It is. It's my fault.” He hugged his knees tighter.

“It's not.” Taeyeon wanted to fully believe that it wasn’t his fault but now she's kind of doubting. There was ten minutes of long silence. Finally Yoongi spoke up.

“I could have stopped her. I could have told her that I called the police. I could have held her back. But I didn’t. I don’t know why I didn’t. I was trying to keep Suhyun calm. But Nayeon.. She’s..important..to me. I didn’t help her.. Didn’t protect her. I feel terrible.”

He was waiting for Taeyeon’s response. He lifted his head from his knees, she had already fallen asleep. He couldn’t blame her. Yoongi felt frustrated.He stood up and went inside Nayeon’s room. He stared at her soft featured face as he stood beside her bed. “I’m sorry..” he whispered. Anger rushed through him. Nayeon didn’t deserve this. He sat on the floor and fell to sleep.

-

A few hours later, Yoongi opened his eyes. His eyes stared at the white hospital ceiling. He sat up. He was on the couch that was in Nayeon’s room. He looked around and there was flowers on the table. Nayeon’s mom comes inside.

“Good morning, Yoongi. Oh if you are wondering, my husband carried you to the couch. Poor you sleeping on the floor.” She smiled at him.

“Uh..thank you.” He bowed and then stood from the couch. “I’m sorry.” and fell to the floor and bowed his head.

“Yoongi..get up. Stand up. Its not your fault.” She was surprised. “ Look it was not your fault. My daughter didn’t think and she just put herself in that situation, ok?”

Yoongi shook his head.

“Stand up okay. Go eat something.” She helped him stand up. “Look we don’t blame you at all. My husband is at the cafeteria, he’s buying you something right now. So don’t worry.” She patted his back.

Yoongi went to the bathroom and splashed water on to his face. He sighed looking at the reflection from the mirror. ‘My goal was to help her out because of the volunteer class. I thought it would be easy. But why did it turn out this way? Why am I feeling this way...the feeling that I want to say something to her and now I won’t be able to..’ He ruffled his hair in frustration. He heard familiar voices outside the bathroom.

“Ahh thank you for visiting. You guys are such a great friends, wow” Definetly Nayeon’s mom.

“It’s nothing. Anything for Nayeon” It was Namjoon. Yoongi grabbed onto his pants tightly.

“Yes, she will be fine Mrs. Im” Hoseok smiled at her. Yoongi decided to leave the bathroom. He opened the door.

“Oh Yoongi!” Hoseok and Namjoon looked at each other.

“I’m going to grab something to eat. I’ll see you later.”

“Wait, makes sense. We have been calling you. Dude you should have told us.” Hoseok stopped him.

“He was sleeping here.” Nayeon’s mother felt like adding to the conversation.

Namjoon felt a sudden rush of jealousy. “Oh..I see. So you were there when it happened?”

Yoongi didn’t want to face them. He gulped. “Yeah..”

Hoseok and Namjoon both nodded their heads.

“I’m going to the cafeteria. Excuse me.” Yoongi left.

“Guess he never changes. A man of few words..” Hoseok muttered.

“Yeah..” Namjoon responded while looking at Nayeon’s beautiful and pure face.

“The doctor told me she will be fine. So don’t worry too much boys.” Mrs. Im told Hoseok and Namjoon.

“That’s a relief. I want to be here when she wakes up.” Namjoon cutely said.

“Me too!” Hoseok claimed.

-

Yoongi didn’t go to the cafeteria. He walked outside to get some fresh air. He was deeply frustrated.

“Yoongi?”

Yoongi turned around. It was Mr. Choi.

“You leaving already?”

“Nah some fresh air..” Yoongi responded looking to the ground.

“Oh.. Namjoon and Hoseok are here right?” Mr. Choi stood before him with a bouquet of flowers and a shopping bag filled with stuff. Yoongi nodded.

“That’s nice to know you guys care. Especially that kid Namjoon ahaha..”

“Right..Namjoon..” Yoongi looked to the ground.

“You can tell he likes her…Anyways, I’ll see you in the room.” Mr. Choi left without letting Yoongi say anything. Yoongi smirked at the comment. ‘ Ah namjoon.. he can definitely treat her right. Not me.’ He placed his headphones in his ears and sat on the bench that was by the entrance of the hospital. He stared into the sky for awhile until he got a text message. It was from Namjoon.

“ Hey, she’s awake. Come up. :)”

Yoongi let out a sigh in relief. “I’m glad..”he whispered. He got up from the bench and looked at the hospital entrance. “Sorry Nayeon..” he walked away.

 

-

Meanwhile, as Nayeon opened her eyes, everyone in the room was around her. Her eyes windened and immediately sat up.

“Nayeon!!!” Hoseok cutely shouted. She looked around. Her mother, father, Taeyeon, Namjoon, Hoseok and Mr. Choi were there.

“Yay!!” her father happily clapped.

“My lovely!!” Her mother came to give her light hug. Nayeon didn’t say anything. She was trying to process everything.

 

After everything was settled and the doctor came in to give proper instructions, her mom and dad went back home to bring her a new set of clothes and some of her favorite snacks. Taeyeon and Mr. Choi were having a detailed conversation about college and choosing careers. Hoseok went to the bathroom.

“Wow, I’m so glad that Suhyun and her mom are safe. After I get out of here, I want to see them…” Nayeon told Namjoon who was keeping her company.

“This class pretty much made our lives much more interesting, ha ha.” Namjoon was trying his best to not be awkward.

“Yeah, you’re right. Helping others make life worthwhile.” Nayeon cutely smiled at him. Namjoon’s heart beat accelerated. “Oh..where is Min Yoongi..he couldn’t make it?..”

“Oh.. actually I texted him. He was here before we came but he hasn’t responded to my text..” Namjoon looked at his phone seeing that Yoongi left him on read. “Whys he like this..”he muttered under his breath.

“Huh?” Nayeon asked as she fixed her posture.

“Oh..nothing. Actually..I’ve been wondering if I could invite you to lunch..you know for your courageous act. It's worthy to be you know..recognized..” Namjoon’s hands sweated as he asked. It suddenly became silent in the room. Mr. Choi and Taeyeon stopped to listen because low key they were both paying attention to their conversation. Hoseok was about to approach them as he came out of the bathroom and came into the room but as he heard lunch come out of Namjoon’s mouth, he stopped walking. Nayeon looked around..were they waiting for her answer? Mr. Choi began to smirk as Nayeon looked at him. Nayeon thought it wasn’t a big deal..they are friends.

“Oh..okay. That would be nice!” Nayeon lightly clapped her hands.

Hoseok began to smile. ‘Yes Namjoon, get it.’ He thought. Namjoon’s heart skipped a beat.

“Awesome, can’t wait.” He left his hand out so Nayeon could hi-five it. And she did.

 

-

Meanwhile, Yoongi went back to his house. He entered through the front door, took off his shoes and muttered, “ I’m back.” He goes to the living room finding his grandma waiting for him seated on the couch

“I’ve been waiting.” She said in a stern voice because she was so worried about him even though his mom’s boyfriend already explained everything to her. He looked away,he couldn’t hold it anymore. Tears streamed down his face.

“Yoongi..” his grandma immediately stood up. It was the first time he has cried ever since moving in with her. She came by him and gave him a big hug. He silently cried in her embrace.


A/N: I really hope you like the chapter and where the story is going hehe. ~~ thank you for waiting.