Chapter Fifteen

Don't Fly Away, My Butterfly

I look up at the ceiling. It’s only been a minute. I can not freak out about it. Let me just occupy myself. Unconsciously, I grab my phone and  google: “When he doesn’t respond back” Dammit. Why? It says that if he doesn’t respond within the first five to fifteen minutes he isn’t into me. Damn. Stay calm, he’s just a friend. He’s just a friend. Let me repeat that to myself. I stare at my phone. I’m waiting and waiting. I should really go to sleep. I shouldn’t care about this. I have other important things to care about. Dammit. I just clicked on a video about signs if your crush likes you. Why do I torture myself?

I look at the text message again. Oh! It’s been read after five minutes. Was I just left on “read”? Was my text the type of text you don’t answer to? I’m freaking out. Well then, I was just trying to be nice. Is this a sign I should get over him? Or should I just make up lame excuses to why he doesn’t answer my text and blind myself. I feel tears form in my eyes.  I’m so dramatic. I cry myself to sleep.

 

Sunday morning. I look at myself in the mirror. Puffy eyes. Great. Really great. Now everybody is going to notice that I cried last night for something so stupid. I’m scared to look at my phone. I don’t want to feel embarrassed if he didn’t answer. My hand trembles. Okay, I shouldn’t be sad if he doesn’t answer. If he doesn’t, I’ll get over him. I’ll force myself. I walk to the table that's beside my bed and grab my phone. I turn it on.

Oh my gosh.

I have one new message.  I quickly swipe the lockscreen. It’s from Yoongi!!! A sense of relief dawns upon me. It says: “Hey Nayeon. It was my pleasure and thank you, you too.” He sent this message at eleven pm. What took him so long? At least he replied but it’s so formal.Welp, I can never be happy. Now I don’t know how to feel anymore. Why is life like this? The real question is, why am I like this? Agh, so much frustration. Tears form in my eyes. Not again. Not again. Please.

 

Its finally that day.  We all meet at the parking lot.We are waiting for Mr. Choi to arrive. I can’t face Yoongi. I feel so embarrassed and a bit petty. Well, just frustrated that I spent my weekend crying because of him.

“Nayeon..” Hoseok touches my shoulder.

“Huh?”

“Are you okay? You seem out of it today..we really need your great acting skills today.” He smiles.

“Huh? Oh oh okay.”  Suddenly, me and Yoongi make eye contact. I look away. I don’t want to look at you.

“Are you ready to act like a heart throb, Nayeon?” Namjoon comes close to me.

“Uhm. Kind of…” I nod my head.

“Don’t be nervous. You got this Nayeon.” Namjoon flashes a smile. He’s really nice. I let out a smile. I’m not nervous, I’m actually confident right now. I’m just emotionally tired, thanks to Yoongi. Mr. Choi arrives. He stands before us and  looks at us all.

“Are you okay Nayeon? You seem a little down…” He places his hands on his waist.

“Ah, oh oh I’m just tired.”

“Right...let’s get in the car. Get in the front Nayeon.” Mr. Choi unlocks the car and we all get in.  

“Nayeon, please turn on the radio.”

“Oh sure!” I turn it on and ‘In your Eyes’ by Super Junior starts to play. “No way, Mr. Choi!!! You have the Bonamana cd???” I turn up the volume.

Mr. Choi chuckles. “Are you surprised?”

“Of course I am!” I smile and sing along trying to forget everything.  

 

Ahh the eighth grade. I remember it so well. I kind of regret not going to a dance there was at that time. I stayed home because we were going to have a history test on the following Monday (the dance was on a Friday).  I’m not even sure if I lived a normal pre-teen life?  Anyways, they all look so young. Oh my goodness.  We enter a classroom. The students greet us politely. We got this.

“Hi, we are the wild sunflowers!” We say uniformly and bow our heads. Ah the awkward age. The students just look at us with no emotion. “Well, we are here to talk about bullying. But since you guys are almost going to be teenagers, we assume lots of you are in relationships.  Right?” Hoseok begins. The class is silent. “Right..okay well if not, you still need this. Bullying in relationships and just abuse in general.” Hoseok continues.   

“There’s different types of abuse such as physical and verbal. Can somebody tell me  the difference between the two?” Namjoon asks.  A guy raises his hand. “Yes, what’s your name?”

“Kihyun. Um, physical is violence and verbal is saying harsh things to the person.” He speaks nonchalantly.

“Right. You should never let someone hurt you in any way. If you notice your spouse ever hitting, slapping anything really speak up. Tell your spouse to stop and then tell somebody. Don’t be afraid.” Hoseok adds.

“Verbal can be very general. No matter how you are joking with the person, we really shouldn’t use curse words to speak to the ones we love. It will leave a dent. We should be respectful and always wanting the best for the person. I know teasing can be part of flirting but constantly teasing the person isn’t good. Respect is key. You are essentially playing with the person’s emotions and they will believe that they need to work harder to be good enough for you. Which is really wrong. They need to respect you as a person. We are good enough. So please realize it soon.” I smile as I tell them.

“Yoongi will hand out the papers that explains about it. Now we are going to talk about ual abuse.” Namjoon  tells the class. Yoongi hands out the papers.  

“ual abuse is when you are touched in any way that you did not give  any permission and you feel uncomfortable. It does include .” Namjoon finishes.  “So if it  happens to you, don’t feel ashamed. It’s not your fault. Tell somebody.”

“We have prepared something for you.. So we hope you like it. Just give us a moment until we prepare it.” Hoseok announces.

 

I obviously was the first one to have my wig on and  my outfit.  So I would answer some questions from the students while we waited for the boys to arrive. It was more the wait than the actual skit.

They come in.

Wow.

Wow.

I honestly have failed as a girl.

Yoongi looks adorable. He has a wig on! Like what?! How can he be so much prettier? Just plain adorable.

Namjoon looks silly but still cute as a girl.

Hoseok looks very stylish, I am not going to lie.

So our skit begins.

Yoongi- Seohyun

Namjoon- Bora

Hoseok-Wonpil

Me- Jinyoung

 

Seohyun: So you actually like Jinyoung?

Bora: Yeah, I do. He’s really sweet!

Seohyun: But weren’t you talking to some dude online?

Bora: Yeah, but I didn’t develop feelings for him obviously. My eyes are for Jinyoung only.

Seohyun: Oh I see. So you’re going to see him today?

Bora: Uh yeah. Like in an hour.

Seohyun: Are you sure you want to go alone?

Bora: Yeah, I’m fine. I’ve seen him on instagram. Hes okay I guess.

        Hoseok scoffs in the background which causes some laughter.

Seohyun: Oh okay.. Just give me a call if anything.

Bora: Mhm!

Namjoon leaves to the side.   

Ok, I’m nervous now it's my turn to speak, speak with Yoongi. I can do this. Yoongi comes up to me.

Jinyoung: Hey whats up? What did you call me for?

Seohyun: I need a favor.

Jinyoung: Yeah what?

Seohyun: Before it gets too late, just follow me. Please.

    I look into his eyes. Frick. I feel my cheeks turning red. Please don't!

Jinyoung: Uhm..

Seohyun: Trust me.

        We make believe we are following  Namjoon to the place.

Seohyun: Why at this park? Nobody really comes here.. Oh my gosh. There she is!

         Yoongi points his finger at Namjoon who is sitting on a chair ( a supposed bench). Hoseok approaches Namjoon.

Wonpil: Bora?

Bora: Wonpil? Wow. You look exactly like the picture!

Wonpil: Yes. Let me sit down.

Bora: Oh sure!

     Hoseok sits down.

Wonpil: Wow, you’re really pretty. Your eyes shine so much.

        Hoseok leans in. Namjoon acts as if he is uncomfortable.

Bora: Uhh thank you..

Wonpil: We should go to my place. Its nearby. How does that sound?

        Hoseok begins to rub Namjoon’s thigh.

Bora: Uh please don’t touch me..

Wonpil: C’mon  we’re friends

   Hoseok slightly touches Namjoon’s chest.

Jinyoung: Oh my god. That’s it.

Seohyun: I’ll call the police!

             I fake run to the scene.

Jinyoung: What do you think you are doing?

Seohyun: Jinyoung??

Wonpil: Who is this guy? I can do whatever I want.

    Hoseok stands up and confronts me. Oh my gosh. He’s actually intimidating me. What.

Seohyun: The police are coming. What are you going to do now?

    Hoseok tries to fake punch me but I fake punch him first. The class is laughing. We probably look ridiculous. Hoseok dramatically falls to the floor. Ahh this clown.

Jinyoung: Are you okay Bora?

Bora: Kind of… thank you so much for coming.

Jinyoung: If it wasn’t for you friend Seohyun, I wouldn’t have known. I don’t like seeing you get hurt.

    Namjoon stands up. I walk to him and hold his hand. Oh my gosh. The class is making noise.

Jinyoung: I like you. I really like you. I’m going to protect you.

Bora: I like you too.

    Ok this feels weird. Like it just does. Something about the way he is looking at me. Acting is probably is his hidden talent.  The girls in the class are “awing”. We hug.  Then I hear somebody say, “kiss, kiss”. Suddenly the whole class is saying, “kiss, kiss kiss”. Uhm. Is this peer pressure? This would be my first kiss. And I mean he's cute and all but I don't like him. But I don’t think he would kiss me as well. So we can fake it.  We stop hugging but somehow I’m still in his embrace. I look up. He shrugs and pulls me in closer to his embrace.  He leans in. Our lips are literally  5cm away.


A/N: Oh! Its great to be back! Thank you so much for waiting! I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I had a hard time coming up with the skit but suddenly ideas came to me and I just began to write. My second semester is almost over so Im going to have more time to update!  I hope I didn't trigger anyone with the skit, if I did. Im truly sorry D: .