Chapter Five

Don't Fly Away, My Butterfly

 

“I’m sorry. I think I came at the wrong time.” I bow my head. I don’t know how Yoo-Jung has the courage to look at me.

“Ah yes..” Mr.Choi is still in shock.

“I’ll leave... now.” I say awkwardly.

“Nayeon!” Mr.Choi says with such confidence. “Stay here. Nothing is happening. She’s done talking to me.” Ouch. I mean I do understand why he wants me to stay but I feel very uncomfortable. I don’t want to get on her bad side. But at the same time I don’t want him to be accused of something he didn’t do.

“Are you sure?”

Mr.Choi nods his head. “Yes, please stay.”

“Oh..okay I’ll just sit here.” I go the seat. Yoo-Jung wipes the tears off her face.

“Thank you for listening to me!” She says it with a cheery voice. Woah. This girl is something. She bows her head and turns around. Yoo-Jung is coming towards me.

“You’re the girl from the cafeteria! So your name is Nayeon...nice to meet you! My name is Yoo-Jung.” She takes out her hand so I can shake it. Her face looks like she didn’t cry at all. I shake her hand.

“Nice to meet you, Yoo-Jung.” I smile at her to not make things awkward.

“I’ll leave then. Good bye.” She leaves the room.

I can’t even face Mr.Choi right now. This is so awkward for me and more for him.

“So, what’s up? What do you need?” He smiles at me like nothing happened. I totally forgot what I wanted to ask.

“I...forgot. I’m sorry.”

“No, I’m sorry I couldn’t help you when you needed it.”

“No no no don’t say that.”

“Did you see the whole thing?”

“About…? Oh..um I don’t think so. But I think I saw enough of it to know what was going on.”

“Ah, okay. That’s good. Just in case something happens.”

I nod my head. Hopefully it doesn’t happen. Should I ask him? Nah. I don’t want to make things more awkward than they are.

“Do you remember who caught me when I fainted?”

“Aye, I don’t remember. That is your homework.”

“I get enough homework.” I pout. He laughs.

“I know. That backpack of yours is heavy.”

“I know.”

“Are you okay? Are you feeling better?”

“Huh? Oh..I guess. I’m just confused.”

“Don’t let any guy make you sad, Nayeon. It’s not worth it.”

“Oh, Mr. Choi why do you assume it’s a guy?”

“Just a guess. Everybody is talking about Yoo-Jung. She always makes an impact on people.”

“She made one on you, huh?” Wait why did I say that? Well he did start talking about her.

He smirks.  

“In the beginning, she didn’t but throughout the year she did. She’s a nice girl but she took my niceness the wrong way. It was uncomfortable.”

“Yeah, I can imagine. Is that why you came here to teach?”

“Partially.”

“This will be your second year huh? That’s nice.”

“Yeah. But my point was that there is always somebody that everybody worships in a way. That is when your confidence is tested. Nayeon, don’t feel bad. You have your own charms and talents. If the guy doesn’t see it, he’s a loser.” Woah. That is so nice of him.

“Hahaha. Ah, Mr.Choi thank you for your thoughtful words.”

“Feel better,ok?”

“Okay. I will! I’m going to leave, I need to go home.”

“Stay safe.” He waves.

“Yes.” I leave the classroom. That was just weird. Let me just go home.

 

I’m walking the main street to get to my house. Oh no, I hear the sound of thunder. Why is it raining so much? It’s not even spring. Note to self, always bring a portable umbrella. I feel the raindrops on me. I can’t run with this heavy backpack. I should call my mom or Taeyeon to pick me up. Somebody taps my shoulder. It best not be Dong-woo.

I turn around. Oh..it's Namjoon. Namjoon?

“Uh..yes. Namjoon?”

“Here.” He hands me an umbrella.

“Oh, no. Don’t give it to me. You need it.”

“Don’t worry. I have my  hoodie.” The rain is pouring harder.

“Ah thank you. Thank you so much.”

He smiles. “No problem.” He puts his hood on. “I’ll see ya.”

“Oh okay. See ya.” I open the umbrella. I see him running back to..who is that? I squint my eyes. Oh. Hoseok and Yoongi. I don’t know how to feel about this.  Why did he give me the umbrella? Was it because of Mr.Choi’s class? I need to get home and do my homework.

 

“Oh, so it was a guy who gave you that umbrella? It’s Nautica. Pretty good.” Taeyeon starts the conversation during dinner.

“He let me borrow it.”

“What a nice kid…” My mom chimes in. “Maybe..we should invite him for dinner to thank him!”

“No.” My father replies.

“Ahhahah.” Taeyeon starts laughing.

“Why didn’t you call your mother or sister to pick you up?” My father is starting to question me.

“It’s not like he walked me home dad. He just let me borrow the umbrella.”

“But you didn’t ask for it. So it probably means something.” Taeyeon suggests. I don’t think so. He is still sad over Yoo-Jung. Oh, he would be devastated if he found out that she had or has a crush on Mr.Choi.

“I highly doubt it.” I firmly say.

“But why did you walk home?” My father keeps asking me questions.

“I don’t know. I just wanted to clear my mind.”

“Did you make believe you were in a depressing ballad music video?” Taeyeon asks.

“Maybe…” She knows me so well. Honestly, I was waiting for something to happen, like Yoongi coming after me or something. Agh,my stupid fantasies.

“You’re so cute.” Taeyeon laughs. Which makes me think, where is my phone. I had it with me while I was walking home. I don’t quite remember having it with me when Namjoon gave the umbrella.

“Let me check something.” I leave the table and run to my backpack. Where is it? Where is it? It’s not in here. Maybe it’s in the pockets of my uniform. I run upstairs to my run. I check the pockets. Empty.Oh my gosh, no no no. This can’t happen. Keep calm, I don’t want anybody to find out. I run back down stairs.

“Is everything alright?” My mom asks me.

“ Uh.. have you seen my phone?”

“No, I haven’t.”

“Oh okay. I guess I will check my backpack again.”

“Try to remember where you last left it.” My mother tells me with a worried voice.

“I don’t remember..” This is frustrating me so much. It would if I lost it.

“What happened?” Taeyeon is being nosy.

“Can you call my phone?” I ask her.

“Uh sure.” She calls my phone number.

“Oh wait, my phone is on silent. Dammit.”

“Is it on vibrate?”

“I don’t think so…” I hate myself right now.

“Oh wait..hello?...I’m the co-owner of this phone.” Ha. co-owner. Oh thank God the person picked up.

“Oh you did? Wow that clumsy Nayeon….You know her? Yes that's her. Okay, thank you so much.” Taeyeon hangs up the phone. “The person is on their way.”

“Oh awesome. Was it a boy or a girl?”

“A boy.”

“A boy? Eh, Nayeon you must have someone looking after you.” My mom says from the kitchen to annoy my dad.

“That’s creepy.” I mutter. “Wait, no guy knows where I live. They could have been lying! Taeyeon, why didn’t you give the address?”

“Why don’t you call?” Taeyeon says with an attitude and gets back to serving her food.

I sigh.

“Taeyeon, the boy said that they went to the same school?” My mother asks her.

“Yeah, he told me his name...I forgot how it went Mi, kim? Aish.”

The doorbell rings.

“Oh, so fast!”My mother exclaims.

I run to the door and open it. Oh my god. I didn’t expect that.

“Uh ah Min Yoongi, Hoseok and Namjoon..uh hi..” My eyes are wide and my expression is stupid. I’m in my stupid pajamas. Even though it’s only 5:30, I just felt dirty staying in my uniform. Why did I even go to the door?

Yoongi takes out a phone. I can not process everything that is happening right now. Is this some type of confession? Does he want me to put my number in his phone? I’m so lost.

“This is your phone..” HA. I’m so stupid. I’ve been watching too many dramas.

“Oh! Thank you!!Thank you so much!” I grab the phone.

“Nayeon! Don’t be rude, let them in! It’s raining.” My mom shouts from the kitchen.

“Please come in.” I smile at them. I probably look so weird to them. I have rilakkuma pajama shirt dress on and I don’t have my bra on. Dammit. Wait, are my s being pointy? They are looking at me from head to toe. I heard Hoseok snicker just now.

“No it’s okay. We just wanted to hand you this.” Yoongi responds.

“Aigoo, enter guys. We are grateful for your honesty, come and join us for dinner.” My mom comes all of the sudden. What.No. No.

“Ah, thank you b-” Yoongi got interrupted by Hoseok.

“Awe, Ms. Nayeon’s mom that is so nice of you.” Hoseok steps inside the house. He’s a little weird.  

“Awe, you’re so cute and so wet. Enter!”

Ugh, mom.  They enter the house and they take off their shoes.

“Nayeon, go get them towels.” Ok maybe this is my chance to at least change or put a bra on. I run upstairs to my room. I grab the bra and go by the closet to get the towels. I have so much thoughts in my mind, it’s driving me crazy.

Stay cool. Don’t be nervous. I run down the stairs.

I got to them with the towels. Wait. I forgot to put on my bra. Wait. Where is it?

I go to Yoongi first,just because he is the closest to the stairs. He gently takes the towel from the stack and something drops. What was that…

“Thank you and I’m sorry.” He bends down.

“Huh?” Too fast… I look down. IT IS MY BRA. THE LACE PRETTY KIND.

“Wait!!” I think shouted to loud.

“What happened?” My mother turns her head. He already saw it..so what’s the point. Yoongi places the towel on top of the bra and wraps it. Hoseok and Namjoon look petrified. Yoongi stands up with it. I hurriedly give the towels to Hoseok and Namjoon.

“I’ll get you another towel.”

“No, no it's okay.” He shyly smiles and gives me the towel/bra.  

My mom and Taeyeon are setting up the table and my dad comes up to them.

“Take a seat guys.” He points at the couch. They awkwardly sit on the couch altogether.

“I’m Nayeon’s father. Im Hyuk is my name. And you?” He points at Namjoon.

“Kim Namjoon. Nice to meet you.” He looks nervous.

“Jung Hoseok. Nice to meet you Nayeon’s father.”He has a huge smiles on his face.

“Min Yoongi. Nice to meet you.” And he wear no emotion.

“You definitely have to tell us how you found her phone. She is always causing trouble, aigoo.”

“Of course. Haha. But on the contrary, she’s very well behaved. Instead, she helps us in class.” Namjoon speaks up. Is he lying?

“Oh really? You guys are too nice.” My dad is so faking his smile right now. I really want to change but also I want to hear the conversation.

“Nayeon!” My mom shouts from the kitchen.

“Coming!” I go to her.

“Go make sure the bathroom is clean. Hurry!” she whispers to me. Ugh, time to run back up stairs. I take the towel/bra. Taeyeon comes up to me.

“Don’t change. You’re going to take long and it will seem like you like one of them.” She whispers to me.

“But I do…” I whisper back.

“I know. But you don’t want to give it away. And you take too long to change too.” Taeyeon leaves to the kitchen.

I tidy up the bathroom and put on my bra.

“Nayeon!!Come join us.” My shouts again. Oh my goodness.

I come to the dining table. Now where should I sit? Namjoon is sitting next to my dad(he’s at the end of the table) and my mom is sitting on the other side next to my dad.Hoseok is next to her. Taeyeon is at the end. Oh they put one more seat on NamJoon’s side. Yoongi is sitting in front of my mom. Wait. Does that mean I have to sit in between Namjoon and Yoongi??

“Sit!” my mom exclaims and points to the seat.

“Ah okay..”

Yoongi stands up and pushes in the chair so I can get through. He’s so polite.

“Thank you..” I sit down.

“Okay we can start!” my father exclaims.

“We have pasta with vegetables in tomato sauce and oven baked crispy tofu!I hope you like it!” My mom says cutely.

“Thank you for having us for dinner! It’s a privilege.” Namjoon replies.

“Awww” my mom responds.

I look at Yoongi for a split second and awe, he’s smiling at my mom. I can’t believe he’s so close to me right now. But I can’t, can’t seem to talk to him.

We begin to eat. Good thing I’m a lefty, I won’t be bothering Yoongi. But I think I am bothering Namjoon. Our elbows have been making some contact.

“I’m sorry.”

“No, it’s fine. Don’t worry about it.” He pulls his chair and himself a bit farther away from me. “Is that fine? Are you comfortable?” he asks.

“Oh yeah thank you…”

He smiles at me.

“It tastes so good!” Hoseok is really enjoying the food. I’m glad.

“Oh mom, Namjoon is the one who let me borrow the umbrella!” I just felt like saying it so my mom can like them even more.

“Oh!! You’re so sweet!! Thank you so much!!This means double celebration!”

“Awe, it was nothing. It's the least I can do.” He says politely. I look at Yoongi and he looks concentrated on his food.

“And who found the phone?” My dad asks.

“Yoongi did.” Hoseok answers.

“Thank you, Yoongi! You guys deserve double dessert!”My mom sounds way too excited.

“Yay!” Hoseok says with so much cuteness. He is weird.

My father clears his throat. Oh my gosh. Hopefully he doesn’t say something embarrassing.

“Which one of you are interested in Nayeon?”

What.the.hell.Just No.

 

A/N: I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Comment! I would love to hear your feedback. Until the next update!!!