Chapter Fourteen

Don't Fly Away, My Butterfly

“You...you know I won’t tell you.” Namjoon smiles. Hoseok begins to smirk.

“Awe, c’mon. Tell me!” I whine. Suddenly,Yoongi comes back with a bag in his hand. Yoo Jung is behind him.

“Yoongii!” Hoseok exclaims quietly.

“Hey..” He grins.

“Where did you go? Did you have to do something with Yoo Jung?” Hoseok asks.

“Here..” Yoongi begins to place water bottles on the table.

“What is this?”Namjoon asks. “Why?”

Yoongi shrugs.  “Thanks, man. I’m thirsty.” Namjoon says as he takes one.  Is there one for me? I don’t know if the other one is for him or Yoo Jung. I’m not going to take anything, it’s going to be awkward. I just keep looking down at my paper. Abruptly, somebody places a water bottle and an apple in front of me. I look up and Yoongi is right next to me.

“Oh for me?” I look at him.

He grins and nods his head.

“Oh my gosh, thank you!!” My heart is beating so fast. He is so sweet! I look at him and he is still grinning! Yes, this is good.  “How did you know that I was craving an apple?!” I’m so excited because I’m really hungry right now and Yoongi decides to bring me something. I take the apple and start eating it. Yoongi goes back to his seat. Yoo Jung sits right next to him.

“So.. Nayeon, do you know how to act like a guy?” Yoo Jung asks me to break the silence.

“Yup! I have it all written down!” I show her my notes. She nods her head.  “Now we are going to talk about Hoseok’s gestures..”

“Namjoon, what are you comfortable with?” Hoseok brings his chair closer to him.

“Just this..this distant is good.” Namjoon says while he moves his chair away from Hoseok.

“Namjoon.” Hoseok scolds him.

“I’m only kidding.” Namjoon brings his chair closer to Hoseok. “I was thinking of just the casual touch.”

“Yeah, that’s fine.” Hoseok agrees.

For an hour later, we practiced and memorized our lines. Welp, I’m starving now.

“So are we going out for lunch?..” I ask while we get ready to leave the library.

“Lunch?” Yoo Jung’s eyes widened.  “We..” she mutters. Namjoon and Hoseok look at each other.

“Oh..we aren’t..? I thought..” Let me not say anything else.

“I’m going to lunch with Yoongi.” Yoo Jung smiles at me. Oh..right. Yoongi is looking at his phone.

“Oh, haha. Enjoy then..I’ll go eat by myself if Hoseok and Namjoon have plans.” I zip my jacket.

“I’ll go with you.” Namjoon replies.

“Huh?” That was unexpected.

“I’ll take you out for lunch. My treat.” Namjoon smiles sweetly at me. Hey, free food. I’m always up for that. Yoongi looks up from his phone.

“Why don’t we all go together?” Yoongi suggests.

“Yoongi, is it because you don’t want to pay?” Yoo Jung laughs it off. Hoseok plays along with her. “I know right. Namjoon is paying for everybody. I’m definitely tagging along.”

“Weird, didn’t you say you wanted to go with Yoo Jung without us..?” Namjoon asks. Yikes. Awkward.  What’s even weirder is that Yoongi doesn’t look nervous or awkward at all. Wow. I really admire that from him...sometimes.

“I said that I wanted you guys to come along. I guess you guys didn’t hear me.” His tone of voice is calm and nonchalant. He turns around. “Choose the place you want to go, I don’t care.”

Yoo Jung breathes in and out. “You guys can choose..” She smiles and follows Yoongi.

“Nayeon, you can choose since you’re the most hungry out of us all.” Namjoon is so nice.

“Oh okay, I’m just going to suggest a basic place but it's good.  The sandwich shop down the street.” I smile.

“Sounds good!” Hoseok smiles.

 

We are all the place looking at each other awkwardly waiting for our food to arrive. Yoongi is sitting in front of me and Yoo Jung is sitting next to Yoongi. Namjoon is next to me and Hoseok is on my left at the end of the table.  

“Yoongi.. How’s your grandma?” Yoo Jung breaks the silence.

“She’s good.” He grins and takes a sip from his lemonade.

“Do you think I can see her today?” She asks with a pleasant smile. She’s so pretty.

“Uhh, I don’t know. She doesn’t like visits that are out of nowhere..”

“Oh that’s right. But she told me that I was welcome anytime. I miss her.” She flipped a part of her beautiful hair.

“For how long have you guys known each other?” I ask just to ask.

“Maybe 5 years. We went to the same middle school. We are actually pretty close.” Yoo Jung smiles at me.

“I see. That’s nice!” I don’t know what else to say.  Hoseok is usually the one to break the awkwardness but this time he isn’t doing it. He’s on his phone. Namjoon is just sitting next to me quietly. The food arrives.

“Ahh, finally. I’m so hungry!!” Hoseok finally exclaims. He dives into his sandwich.

“Excuse me guys, I’m going to just quickly wash my hands.” Yoo Jung stands up and leaves to the bathroom. Oh crap, that’s right. I’m so nervous that I keep forgetting mannerisms that my mom had taught me. I don’t want to seem like I’m copying Yoo Jung...actually I don’t want to meet her in the bathroom. So let me see if I have a hand sanitizer in my bag. Oh! I actually do!

“Guys before you start...except for Hoseok, ha, want some hand sanitizer…?” I have the bottle in my hand.

“Of course, Nayeon!” Namjoon puts his hand out so I can give him some.

“Should I?”Hoseok says with his mouth full. I giggle.

“Sure, why not.” I shrug.  After I pour some onto Hoseok’s hand, I look at Yoongi. “Um..Min Yoongi..want some..” Why am I so awkward? Be confident. He nods his head.

“Oh Nayeon..want to know something weird?” Namjoon  asks before eating his sandwich.

“Huh? What is it?” I take a sip from my apple juice.

“We don’t have your number.” My eyes widen. That's right. It is necessary since we are doing projects together. Hoseok almost spits out his food because he’s laughing.

“Uh, are you okay?” I ask.

“Yeah, yeah. It's true Nayeon we don’t have your number.” He says while he wipes his face with a napkin. Yoongi lets out a smirk while looking at Hoseok.

“Then I guess we should exchange numbers?” I tell them awkwardly.

“Let’s do it!” Hoseok takes out his phone.  I take out my phone and went on the ‘create a new contact.’

“Here.” I give Hoseok my phone and vice versa. I did the same with Namjoon. Now it’s Yoongi’s turn...my eyes wander up and his phone is right in front of me. “Oh! Okay!” Great my hand is shaking so much right now while I grab his phone. I give him my phone as well. While placing my name in his contacts, I thought it would be cute to put an emoticon which was “*0*”. Maybe that will impact him? I’m such a mess.  After we exchange numbers, we begin to eat. Yoo Jung finally comes to the table. We all eat and have small talk with no important information. Suddenly, Yoongi stands up from the table and excuses himself to go the bathroom.

After a few minutes, Yoongi comes back and sits right back down.  We all have finished eating. Namjoon clears his throat. “Don’t worry guys, do you want dessert? I’m treating you all.” Namjoon gives an air of confidence right now. Pretty cool.

“Actually I do!...not want dessert wow I’m so full.” Hoseok responds. I notice that Namjoon is staring him down, probably Namjoon doesn’t really have enough to pay.

“Namjoon, you don’t have to pay. I can pay for myself.”

“No, Nayeon. I told you I was treating you. And everybody else.”

“Namjoon, that’s okay. Actually, I’m going with Yoongi to my favorite dessert shop.” Yoo Jung folds the napkin. Well, I guess their date will be a long one..

“Yeah I’m good. Thanks bro.” Yoongi states.

“Oh okay, let me call the waiter.”

“Actually do-” Yoongi mutters. The waiter comes to our table. “Yes?”

“May we have the bill?”Namjoon requests.

“Oh, sorry but this young man already paid the bill.” The waiter points to Yoongi. Oh my gosh. He paid. I actually got an expensive sandwich. Oh my gosh. Oh no but how sweet. He’s probably doing this to impress Yoo Jung though. Don’t get your hopes up Nayeon. Control yourself.

“Oh..” Namjoon seems disappointed or relieved. I can’t tell. “Thanks bro!”

“Ohhh! Yoongi!! Thank you!!” Hoseok declares. Yoo Jung smiles proudly. “Ah Yoongi, so manly of you!” He nods his head. “No problem..” he responds.

“T-thank you!” I bow my head. I don’t know what his expression was cause I bowed my damn head but as soon as my head positions itself he is already standing with Yoo Jung.

“Bye guys!” Yoo Jung sounds really happy as she leaves with him. My heart sinks. Yeah, he’s not really interested in me. She will probably win his heart again. I stand up and put on my jacket.

“Nayeon, I’ll see you! And Namjoon, peace!” Hoseok leaves as well. It's just me and Namjoon.

“Um..if you want I can walk you home to protect you. I don’t want you to get hurt.” Namjoon places his hand on the nape of his neck. He is so nice. Oh my gosh.

“Sure. Please protect me. Haha.”

He awkwardly walked me home.

 

I lay in bed. It's nine thirty already. I look at my contact list. Yoongi...I finally have his number. I never thought this day would come. And if he didn’t want my number, he wouldn’t have put his phone out right? Or he wouldn’t have given me an apple...right? And they told me that he likes me as a person...so I guess it wouldn’t be annoying to send him a text..right? But shouldn’t the guy send the text first? Knowing him, he wouldn’t...Let me look up online..it says that I should text him according to my gut feeling and it's already the 21st century..it shouldn’t be weird for a girl to send a text first. I don’t even know if I should trust my gut. Well if he hasn’t texted me..that means he is not interested. Yikes. Well...I don’t think he heard me say thank you to him today. I do appreciate him wasting money on me even though he might have done it to impress Yoo Jung.. We are semi friends?? I shouldn’t care, if I saw him as a friend then I wouldn’t care whoever texted first. Yeah that’s right. Let me just pretend to not care and just do it. Yes just do it Nayeon. Okay soo how should I start it. “Heyyy” Nah I don’t know. I read that guys don’t like the extra letters to words, it's unnecessary. But that's the way I text. I mean I don’t want to sound messy or way too professional. I delete it. Hmm. Oh my gosh my heart is beating, I’m so nervous. Okay focus!! “Hai!^-^” Hmm. What if he doesn’t use emojis? Then I’ll look too desperate? I stare at the screen of my phone for ten minutes. Do it.

    “Hey!^0^ Its Nayeon! I just wanted to say thank you for today’s meal! I really appreciate it! I didn’t think you heard me so yeah. I hope you have a great night!~” I look at it. I think this is fine right? It doesn’t sound too needy or anything. It’s just saying thank you, no big deal. I click send. Oh my god.

Now time to wait.

A/N: Thank you for waiting!!! You guys are the best! I hope you enjoy this chapter!! And literally Nayeon is me when sending a text to a crush agh, I hate it. I really don't like texting my crushes, such unnecessary pain. Anyways comment!! I would love to hear your thoughts!!!