Chapter Eleven

Don't Fly Away, My Butterfly

He lets out a small smile knowing that he scared me. “Um..thank you..” I say softly and compose myself. “Which way are you going?” He asks me. “That way.” I point to the door that's on this end of the hallway. We begin to walk that way. I’m so nervous right now. Is he really walking with me?! Should I say it? I should say something. There is an awkward silence while walking.

“Um you know..” I gulp. He looks at me as I begin to speak. “I was meaning to thank you for today. Your advice really helped me. Hopefully, I can do it tomorrow as well…” I smile at him with sincere happiness. He nods his head and gives me a small grin. I look down at the floor. We are actually walking at the same pace. This is nice. I look up and he opens the door for me.

“Oh..um thank you.” I embarrassingly walk through the door. We walk down the steps together in silence. He’s not even trying to make conversation. But I guess the silence is comfortable. I’m just waiting for him to say something. Or does he expect me to say something?

“Do you walk home alone?” He suddenly asks as we stand before each other outside.

“Yeah. You?” I ask.

“Yeah and sometimes with some friends.” He puts his hands in his pockets.

“Talking about friends.. I have a question. You’re still not friends with the girl who you helped back then?” I’m curious. I should have not asked this but I really want to know what happened.

“Not really?” He looks at the nearby tree.

“So she was bullied? How badly?” I ask, I don’t know how much information I can get out of him.

“Really badly. I couldn’t stand it. But I got them to stop.” He looks at me with gentle eyes.

“Oh!!! You’re hero material then.” I smile at him.  He chuckles at my response. Yes,I’m getting some type of emotion out of him.

“I guess so..” he says it really proud.

“When did this happen?” I'm testing my luck right now.

“They bullied her 7th grade but in 8th grade it stopped.”

“Oh I see.” I respond. “Then you will be a pro when we go next week to the middle school.”

He chuckles again. “I guess.” He sighs. “Well, I’ll see you tomorrow.” He walks away.

“Ah okay bye..” I wanted to be the one who stopped the conversation. I’m  doing everything wrong. I walk the other way to home.

I’m wondering he dated Yoo Jung  five years ago which is around eighth and seventh grade.  Is she the one he is talking about? Why would they bully her? She is really nice..or maybe they were jealous of her. So if they dated in eighth grade...that means the bullying stopped because of that.I’m just assuming, I’m not sure.

I enter through the door of my house. My mom stands up from the couch. “Nayeon, can we talk?” Did I do something?

“Why what happened?” I’m scared. Usually, she would just ask how I am but when she says it like that something is up.

“Come here.” She gestures me to sit on the couch. I walk towards the couch and sit down. She sits down as well.

“Are you okay? You seem a bit distracted. You didn’t tell me how it went on Saturday. And on Sunday you were busy studying, I didn’t want to bother you.” She sounds worried.

“Huh?...Oh now everything went well! It was nice.” I smile at her. I really don’t want to tell her now..

“Did those guys treat you nicely?” She has a suspicious look on her face.

“Of course Mom!” I smile some more to reassure her. “Mom, today went really well! We went to the elementary school!” I change the subject. So I began to tell her about how we got to help the cute kids. She seemed pleased with the story and let me go do my homework.


 

We are at the elementary school. Hoseok and Namjoon take one student to talk with individually. I am left with Yoongi to help out the girl and her ex friend.  We enter an empty room that's used for students with special needs. We sit down on the chairs that are there.

“Jaemin, what’s the girl’s name so I can come take her out of her classroom?” I ask her.

“It’s Minji from Mrs.Park’s class. Classroom C…” Jaemin says shyly.

“Alright, got it.” I stand up.

“Nayeon, I’ll go get the girl.” Yoongi stands up and goes to the door.

“Huh? Oh..okay..” I sit right back down. Why does he want to go? Does it hurt his man pride? He must have some reason.

“Um excuse me..” Jaemin stands up and tugs on his uniform blazer. He turns his head and looks at her. “Yes?” He raises his eyebrows and gives a friendly grin.

“Umm..don’t get her..I’m scared..” she says with such innocent eyes.

“Don’t worry, everything will be fine. Trust me.” He says with such delicacy and smirks. She let go of his blazer and let him get the girl.

“Jaemin, everything is going to be alright! We are here for you! I don’t want you to suffer any longer.” I take her hand and comfort her. She nods her head.

“Thank you..” she softly says and bows her head. After a two minutes, Yoongi arrives with Minji. Minji’s face expression isn’t too good right now. We make them sit in front of each other. Yoongi sits next to Jaemin and I sit next to  Minji. The atmosphere is becoming heavy and dark. Oh my gosh.

“Minji can you tell us what happened between you two?” I ask her.

“She hit me and stole my things.” She says fearlessly.

“Are you sure you’re not lying? It's not nice to spread rumours.” I ask her.

“She did! I’m telling the truth! She deserves to be an outcast. Look!” She raises her sleeves and shows us a scar. Jaemin and my eyes’ widen. “No. I didn’t do that!” Jaemin exclaimed.

“Ah okay then why did she hit you? What happened?” I ask. I figured I asked the wrong things first. So I’m just going to see her side of the story and what’s her feelings.

“She told me she was tired of me always trying to be like her, which is obviously not the case. Who would want to be like her?  I told her I wasn’t and then she hit me and just took my poster. This scar is the proof.” Minji has a pretentious look on her face. I’m waiting for Yoongi to take the lead but he isn’t saying anything.

“So you told everyone at school?” I’m trying to reason with her.

“Yes, everybody needs to know what type of person she is.” I really want to beat this child up.

“Now, Jaemin what’s your side?” I give her a comforting smile.

She gulps and takes a deep breath. “ We were watching Nct’s Dream Chewing Gum music video. I told her which one I liked and then she said that she liked that one too. Then she starts saying how the guy is hers and that I can’t take him away from her. She has been like this but I just tried not to pay attention to it because she was my best friend. Then I told her to stop liking whatever I like and get herself a personality. I want her to be herself but she tries too hard to be someone else. She tries to become the person she is with. Then she got mad at me and told me to leave her house.”

“That is not true. You’re such a liar. You hit me and you’re even a cheater! You cheat on tests!” Minji starts to point at her.

“Minji, I only wanted the best for you. Stop saying things like that. I told you because I cared for you. Why are you like this?!!” Tears begin to roll down Jaemin’s cheek.

“Care? Stop acting like the victim! You should say sorry! You hit me and stole my things!! Give it back! Stop being trash. I really hope you stay an outcast.” Minji spouts. I’m..I don’t know what to do or who to believe. She has the bruise and scar…

“Minji, cut it out.” Yoong finally says! But he just says it so comfortably. “Stop lying. That scar isn’t from somebody hitting you. It’s self harm.” Oh my gosh.  Jae Min's eyes widen. I’m just going to leave this to him. Wait how would he know? Has he done it before?

“No it's not.” She denies it right away.

“Minji, stop lying. Your sister told me she caught you cutting yourself.” He responds. Oh welp, that answers my questions. “And you ripped up the big bang poster that she gave you. You only have one poster.” He says sternly. Oh shoot. I’m speechless.  He continues, “Minji apologize and you’re going to tell everyone that it's not true. Or I will tell your sister what you have done. You know she doesn’t like rumours and bullying. Okay?”

Now she is furious. “No I won’t…” I notice her face brightens. “Unless you do something for me.”

“What do you want?” Yoongi is emotionless right now.

“Get back with my sister, Yoo Jung.” She says with such confidence. Oh my gosh. That’s her younger sister!  Okay so what I thought must be correct. If she doesn’t like bullying, she must have been bullied? And they did date. So that was the friend. Wow. Some reason I feel a stare.. I look up and Yoongi is looking at me. Is he checking my reaction? Or is he just thinking? I look at him and just direct my eyes somewhere else. What is he going to say? Would he lie to her?

“Please just get back with her. She came home crying saying that you didn’t like her. I know you still like her. She keeps crying and today she didn’t go to school because of you! And I promise I will tell everyone that it’s not true.”

I’m getting angry. I don’t believe that she would tell everyone that it’s not true.  She ruined Jaemin’s school life. Now she is taking advantage for her sister’s benefit! Yoongi sighs and rubs his eyes.

“Minji…”

“Please, just do it!” She begged.

 
A/N: Ohh what is he going to say? Comment below your thoughts and stuff!!! Sorry for the short update! I'm starting college in two days. So please be patient with the updates! Thanks! Love you!!