Chapter Ten

Don't Fly Away, My Butterfly

We enter the cafeteria and Mr.Choi and the others are already eating. Hoseok calls us over to sit with them. I made some eye contact with some girls and they start waving at me. Awe, how sweet. They like me! We go by the table.  Namjoon exclaims, “Nayeon, sit here. Your food is here.” Namjoon pats the seat next to him. “Oh okay..” I sit down next to him. Nice, we are having some mexican/hispanic food. Rice, black beans,mixed veggies and guacamole.  Interesting. Yoongi sits across from me.

“Wow, something different!” I say to spark a conversation.

“I know, Mr.Choi ordered us lunch. It’s great.” Hoseok replies.

“Oh, Mr.Choi thank you!! I will enjoy the meal!” I tell him. He smiles at me. “Not a problem.” He responds. Yoongi also gives his thanks.

“Nayeon,you were great today. We were just talking about how when you started to speak it changed the whole atmosphere. I was scared.” Namjoon says.

“Yeah. It was like a whole new side of you. The atmosphere turned dark and pretty scary. If I was a bully, I would respect you a ton and would never bother you, haha.” Hoseok remarks. Oh so no wonder they were looking at me weirdly. Now I get it. Awesome. I’m waiting, just maybe, for Yoongi to say something about it because he also gave me a weird look. But he just continues to eat and nod his head.

“I enjoyed it. I never thought I would see Namjoon cry.” Mr.Choi  teases him.

“Aye. Today was your lucky day then.” He responds.

We continue to eat and then we leave off to the classroom again to finish off for the day.

 

“Did you guys have a great lunch?” I ask them. In unison they respond with a “yes.”

“Okay well off to the next question.” I take a paper out of the box. “It says, Hi. My friend is always getting pushed and cut in line at lunch. And also takes her money. I told her to tell the teacher. She did but the teacher didn’t believe her. I think it's because that girl is the daughter of the principal here.What should I do?” Honestly, just reading this boils my blood. Is this how it is to empathize with them? Hmm, how would I feel? Well right now I feel that it's unfair and the school system is very corrupt. I never ever had somebody do that to me before.. But what would I do in that case? The teacher doesn’t believe you..do they have cell phones? Suddenly, Yoongi speaks up. Dammit, does he think I’m incapable of responding to the question? Or is he trying to help me out? Ugh.

“Well, your friend needs to learn to be confident and stop letting people step on her. Or else she or he is going to live like that forever.  And that is not life. She or he needs to tell them to stop and that she/he won’t move out of the way. She needs to be firm.” Yoongi starts out and Hoseok finishes.

“That’s when bystanders come into play. If you guys ever see something unfair happening , go tell the teacher and help the victim. If they don’t believe you, make sure to have some type of proof. Just like in our play today!” Hoseok finishes off with a v sign by his cheek. It made some of the kids giggle.

“Let me read the next one.” Namjoon states. “I had a friend but not in this class that always liked what I like, she copied me in everything. It annoyed me. So one day I told her to stop and she got mad at me. Then the next day she spread horrible rumours of me saying that I cheated on a test,I hit her and stole her BigBang poster. Everybody started to ignore me. I don’t know what to do anymore. I don’t want to go to school anymore.” Oh my gosh. That’s horrible. At such a young age, they are evil.  What would I do? How can I console her? I would have told her to move on and not care what people think. But that’s hard if everyone is ignoring her.

“Nayeon, answer this one since you’re a girl. You can probably relate to her.” Yoongi comments.Oh my gosh, he’s talking to me. I turn to look at him. He has that damn smirk on his face. At least he’s showing some emotion towards me...I’m so pathetic. I gulp.

“Okay.” I look to the ground and try to be in her shoes. I gulp again. “Whoever you are, I would love to be your friend. We can be friends right now. Do you want to know why? Because you don’t find those type of friends anymore. The type to tell you why they are annoyed with you and what's bothering you. Be glad that you liberated yourself from that girl. She wasn’t a true friend. I’m so proud of you that you stood up for yourself and had the courage to tell her to stop. Instead of talking behind her back and acting fake in front of her. About those rumours, keep your head up high and be confident if they aren’t true. I believe in you. There is probably someone here that believes in you too. So keep strong! Show them that you are opposite from those rumours. Here, the best solution is to talk that girl. I’ll help you make peace with her so she can redeem herself!” I make eye contact with the girl that is sitting in front of me, she smiles and nods her head. I guess that's her.

“Guys, spreading rumours is just horrible. It can ruin somebody’s life and career. It could even lead to death. Do you want to live your whole life with that on your conscience that you killed somebody? Even if you didn’t like the person, everybody’s life is valuable! Or maybe that person turns out to be very successful, what would you do then? They can probably help you out in the future! There are consequences to our actions. So please think before you speak!” I continue. The kids are paying attention and nodding their heads. Hopefully, something stays in their minds. The girl in front of me starts to clap and then others began to clap. Did I reach them? I guess I did.

We continue to answer some questions and we left off that tomorrow we will come to talk to some of the kids’ questions individually. I’m going to help the girl resolve her problem with the ex friend. That’s going to be interesting.

We are at the high school right now because Mr.Choi isn’t going to drop us off at our houses. Haha.

“Thank you for everything!” I bow my head in front of Mr.Choi and the other three guys bow their heads also. He smiles and says, “No problem! I’ll see you tomorrow.”

“What are you going to do now, Nayeon?” Hoseok asks me.

“Umm, see what I missed today and get my homework..”

“Oh you’re so dedicated.” Hoseok teases me.

“I’ll accompany you.” Namjoon chimes in.

“Oh no, I can go by myself. Don’t worry about it. Thanks.” I pat his shoulder.

“I will, I’m going this way anyway.” He points to the right. I laugh.

“I’m actually going this way.” I point to the left.  Suddenly, I feel a little breeze. Yoongi passes by me and just keeps walking forward. My heart sinks; I should have said something. He did help me out today..

“Well, I’m going to my locker. So Namjoon, don’t do anything.” Hoseok’s wearing a shady smile, pats Namjoon’s shoulder and leaves.

 

I’m walking with Namjoon in the hallway after receiving my homework and on the other side of the hall is Yoongi with Yoo Jung. I try to calm myself. Maybe they are just friends, but she’s too friendly. He smiles more with her. The jealousy in me is raging. She’s talking and he’s just listening with a smile on his face.

“Hey Nayeon! And Namjoon right?” She exclaims. Wait, doesn’t Namjoon kind of like her? He must feel worse than me. He’s actually  Yoongi’s friend. I look at Namjoon. He looks really calm. Really calm. Like nothing is bothering him.

“Hi..” I wave and fake a smile.

“How did it go today? Yoongi doesn’t want to tell me.” She pouts. Yoongi smiles and just looks at his phone. Sigh.

“It went really well. It was interesting.” I respond without trying to hint my jealousy.

“Oh okay!” She smiles cheerfully. I can’t hate her. Sigh.

“Well, I’m going to leave. I need to go home. Bye and thanks Namjoon.” I slightly bow my head. It's awkward. I don’t want to be there. I leave and let them be.

 

I actually went to a teacher to help explain some things that I didn’t understand when I looked at the homework. I just didn’t want Namjoon to be there and waste his time. I come out of the teacher’s classroom and there is hardly anybody at school. Most people went home or are doing sports and clubs.  I walk down the hallway and I hear a familiar voice. I take a few steps more to the entrance of the other hallway. Its Yoongi and Yoo Jung by themselves. Oh my gosh. I lean against the wall that is separating the hallways.

“Yoongi..can we give us a second try? Another chance at this?” Yoo Jung says hopelessly. Us? They dated?  “Can we get back together again? Let things be the way they were? You know what happened wasn’t my fault.” Oh my...I wonder what happened.

“I know it’s been like five years already.” He lays his head against the locker. She holds his hand.  

“C’mon. We’ve matured and it will be better this time. I still like you. A lot. I’m just really glad that you are in this school.” She looks at him with endearing eyes. Wait, what..my heart is sinking hearing those words. It's been five years? They must have dated when they were twelve. Oh my gosh. I guess they have their own love story. I’m not part of his life or love life.

“Do you like me?” She asks. He gulps. Why am I here? I just want to hear his answer that way I can stop liking him.

“Look, I’ve changed. And right now I don’t want to date anybody.” He dissolves his hand from hers.

“You haven’t answered my question.” She sounds like she is about to cry.

“I don’t know. I really don’t know. I hope you respect my decision.” He says sternly.

“Why are you so confusing?” She says sternly back and leaves through a door. He is confusing haha. I kind of feel bad for her and at the same time I don’t. Well he doesn’t know his own feelings. But I still do stand a chance. Wait, he doesn’t want to date anyone right now. So I guess I don’t…I lean against the wall holding my textbook close to my heart.

“You did well today…” somebody says. Oh my gosh. I look up.

“Min..Yoongi…” my lips quiver.

A/N: Comments are appreciated!!!! Hope you enjoyed the update! Upvote if you want~ <3