Chapter Three

Don't Fly Away, My Butterfly

The weekend came and just the usual has happened. I couldn’t help anyone this weekend, or maybe my mom counts? All I did was to review the textbook and do my homework. Not much fun but I want to do really well.  I received a remind text from the person who is in charge of National Honor Society that Monday morning we have a meeting. I have to wake up earlier. Oh Joy.


 

I come inside the classroom. Everybody is half awake and just waiting for Ms.Lee to enter.

“Hey Chayoung!” I sit next to her.

“Hey!”

“How are you?”

“Tired. I don’t know why she wanted us to come earlier. I’m still not used to this schedule.”

“Same.”

Dong-woo and Sehun enter.

“Hey. Good morning Nayeon.” Dong-woo politely says.

“Good morning!” I reply. He doesn’t know I know. I’m not going to push him away. I just pretend to not know. He helps me in math if I don’t understand something. “Hi, Sehun!” I exclaim. He turns and nods his head in acknowledgement.

“Hi…”

“You are being nice today.”

“I’m always nice. What are you talking about?”

“Right…” I turn my head to Chayeong.  The rest of the people in the Honor Society comes in and Ms. Lee is the last to come in.

“Hello!!”

“You’re a bit late, Ms.Lee.” Sehun retorts.

“Thanks for pointing out the obvious, Sehun. But unlike you, I chose to sleep more.”

“No problem.”

“Ignoring Sehun, welcome Seniors! Since you guys are part of the Honor Society, you gotta do things for the community. It looks good. It is your duty. So I’ve decided we should ask people to donate at least a dollar to for the mothers who have premature babies. In return, they can write their names on this little leaf. We will hang it up.”

“Isn’t that a little wrong? People should donate because they want to help.” Sehun mutters.

“People are wrong. They need their ego to be raised. So this is what we have to do. It is not my fault.” Ms. Lee responds. That’s true. People are always looking for their benefit.  She passes out to each of us ten leaves.

“Whoever gets these ten leaves signed will get a prize!”

“Now you’re treating us like kids.” Somebody says.

“Woah, it depends what type of prize…” Sehun speaks up. “A gift card? Money?”

“Maybe a gift card…”

“Good,I ain’t getting no pencil.”

“You don’t decide Sehun. So whoever finds me first in the halls, you know what to do. Ok you guys can leave to your class.” Ms. Lee dismisses us.


 

It doesn’t help that most of my classes are with people from the Honor Society, so I can’t ask anybody to donate. Maybe in lunch I will get somebody.

 

I enter the cafeteria. Maybe I should ask Yoongi...would he give me a dollar? Or would he reject me? Ahh, he is here today. I go to my table.

“Hey guys!” I sit down.

“Hey” Jimin, Youngjae and Jihyo say.

“What’s up?” Youngjae asks me.

“Oh! Well, would you like to donate for premature babies? You know the costs for it are too expensive for some mothers.”

“Ohhh…” they all say.

“I’ll donate!” Jimin exclaims.

“Oh thank you!!”

“I’ll do it another day I don’t have money.” Jihyo tells me.

“Can I donate some dimes I have?” Youngjae asks.

“Of course!!”

I put the money in a little plastic bag and they write their names on the leaves.

Yoongi from behind looks so good. His hair and his delicate back are too precious. Sehun is bothering him right now. Yoongi calmly takes his hand off his shoulder. Dong-woo is busy on his phone. Should I go ask him? My hands twitched thinking about that. Wait, what is happening over there? I take a bite of my apple.

Some girl brought a big bag and placed it on their table. I probably sound like I’m not socializing. But Youngjae and Jimin are having an avid conversation about the gaming tournament that Youngjae went yesterday. Jihyo is on her phone talking to her boyfriend.

The boys all take out their wallets and start paying the girl a dollar. I notice that Yoongi has a few dollars inside his wallet. So he does have money. He won’t refuse when I ask him. Hopefully…

Anyways, the girl takes out the cookies from the bag and gives it to each of them. Haha,she’s smart.  

The bell rings. Lunch is over. Maybe I should ask him now?  The guys stand up from their tables and so do we. I make my way towards Yoongi’s table. He is right in front of me. Should I tap his shoulder or call his name.

“Yo-” Dong-woo interrupts me by talking to me “Hey, did anybody donate to you?”

“Huh?” My chance is gone...for now. Yoongi keeps walking forward.  “Oh yeah I did. Probably more than you.”

“Yeah because you’re cute. Who wouldn’t say no to you?”  Sometimes, he is too direct.

“Haha. How about you?”

“None yet. I just don’t feel like it.”

“Lazy, huh?”

“Yup.”

“Typical.” He laughs. “At least try. Don’t you want that gift card?”

“From her? I highly doubt she will do that.”

“Really?”

He nods. “Well, I’ll see you later, Dong-woo.” I walk quickly to see if I can catch up to Yoongi. Maybe I should do it before class. No biggie, right?

I come in the classroom and everybody is there.

“Hello, Mr.Choi!”

“Hi, Nayeon.” I sit down. Yoongi is still sitting behind me and he is just looking down at his notebook. The bell rings.

“Okay class, we will continue to work on the bullying campaign. I’m going to do some things. Ask me if you need help.”

“Alrighty!” Hoseok says brightly. “Guys!” Hoseok turns his head to face me and Yoongi.  “I have a great idea! Maybe we should do a skit for the middle schoolers!”

“Oh like how to act in certain situations?” Namjoon asks.

“Yeah!!” Hoseok is so excited. “What do you think?”

“I guess..” Yoongi replies. He doesn’t say much.

“Okay, I’m down for it.”

“For sure, the kids will love it! We can make Namjoon the bad guy!” Hoseok’s ideas are overflowing. He continues, “ we can make Nayeon his girlfriend. But Namjoon bullies her and Yoongi saves her from that terrible relationship. And I..I can be the bad guy also. Hm..”  Okay…

“We can do that. Also, we can do a mean girls concept. You know how spreading rumors is not right. We can put cyberbullying int to it too.”

“Oh yeah! Let’s have two skits then!” Hoseok is so happy.

“Wait..if we do a mean girls concept. Then...does that mean…” Namjoon is a bit worried. I don’t know why.

“You guys have to do it.” Mr.Choi joins in.

“Oh no but my voice is too deep. I won’t make a pretty girl.” Oh. Now I get it… Hehe. Crossdressing.  I feel bad though. I didn’t mean it like that.  

“Oh no, I didn’t mean that.” I say worriedly.

“Don’t worry Nayeon. They will have to do it.  Life is unfair like that.”

“Ahh, that means I have to shave my legs.” Hoseok complains.

In the corner of my eye, I only see Yoongi’s expressionless face. I hope he doesn’t hate for that suggestion.

“A skirt is extra credit you know.” Mr. Choi bribes them.

“How much?” Namjoon asks.

“Maybe twelve points..”

“But your class seems easy…”

“You didn’t let me finish. The points will be added to any class you are failing.”

“YOO, I’m waxing my legs. Nayeon, let’s go together!” Hoseok pretty much shouts.

I couldn’t help but let out a giggle.

“We should all go shopping together. Right Yoongi?” Hoseok continues to talk.

“Don’t we need to write the skit first? Then we can know how to dress.”He shyly smiles. I can’t believe it, he is actually down for it. Well, that’s right, the extra credit is what motivates them.

“Since we are crossdressing, let’s make Nayeon crossdress as a guy.” Namjoon states.

“Well,Namjoon let her decide if she wants.” Mr. Choi says.

“What? But you bribed us.”

“She doesn’t really need the points.”

Oh, damn. I feel awkward.

“True.” Namjoon replies. “Nayeon, would you want to crossdress as a guy?”

“I guess so,why not? Haha. It would be fun.” I answer awkwardly.

“Nice, we can go shopping with you! I want to a bad boy look on you.” Hoseok says happily.

“She would fit the flower boy look.” Yoongi speaks up. Did he just indirectly compliment me? My heart…

“Huh? Oh…” I turn my head, our eyes meet for about six seconds and then I focused it on the floor. I feel the hotness in my face. The blood is definitely rushing.

“True.” Namjoon says. “I guess we have to start writing the skit. Wait, who wants to write it?”

“I do!” Hoseok says right away. “I’ll write it…”

“Okay, I actually want to write one. I’ll write the second one!” Namjoon holds up his pencil.  

“That’s right when do you want to go shopping for the clothes, Nayeon?” Hoseok asks me.  Hmm, well it is for school. I don’t really like shopping. I feel like I’m wasting time from studying. But I guess this is going to be fun. Plus...will Yoongi come?

“I mean like I’ll have the skit done today. Skits are short.  So maybe starting tomorrow and on? Choose a day.”

“Um, it depends if you guys are free and when are we are going to the elementary and middle school.”

“Well, next week is elementary and the following week is middle school. You guys have time to practice.” Mr. Choi chimes in.

“Oh..maybe this weekend?” Hopefully, I don’t have a test..

“I’m down for it! How about you guys?” Hoseok asks.

“Okay then.” Yoongi says.  Oh my god. My heart is beating just for the fact that I will be spending some time with him this weekend.

“Yeah, I’m free.” Namjoon responds.

“You guys have to show me the skit when it’s ready you know to make sure it's pg. Then act it out for me when you are ready to see if your acting doesn’t .” Mr.Choi says in a rather cool and calm voice.

“Hahahaha.” Hoseok laughs.

The bell rings.

“Alright, see ya guys!” Hoseok stands up and waves. Namjoon and him leave. I am walking behind Yoongi. I have to say it today. I have to do it. I gulp. Once we are out of the door, I gather up my courage and say “Min Yoongi!”

He turns around immediately and leans his body against the wall. He began to smile. Oh my goodness. I’m so nervous right now.

“Um would you like to donate for premature babies?”

He takes out the dollar from his pocket so quickly. Oh my god.  I take the dollar.

“Premature babies?”

“Yeah, those are babies that haven’t been born yet.” He gives me a puzzled look. Oh my god. “NO, WAIT.”My hands are very expressive. I do the Super Junior hand thing they usually do.  He chuckles. Emotion!! “I mean for babies that were born ahead of time. And the medicine I guess is expensive and...yeah…”

He keeps smiling. I don’t know how to feel.  

“Oh okay.”

“Oh! You can write your name on this leaf..if you want..” I say with a cheery voice. I hate myself right now.

“Oh, you can do it.”

“Ok that’s fine.” I sheepishly smile.

“Okay, see ya.” He turns around and walks away.

I start to walk backwards with his dollar. I hit something. I turn around.

“Oh,I'm so sorry Mr.Choi!”

“Babies who haven’t been born yet?”

“Ha.. you heard?”

“Made me laugh. Thanks.” He smirks and pats my head. He leaves. Why is he so confusing? I sigh.

 

I’m walking home and it’s fresh outside. It’s nice. I’m not going to die today.

A car comes next to me and rolls down the window.

“Nayeon!”

“Oh Mrs. Young-hee!”

“Get in the car, let’s go food shopping.”  Again? Didn’t she buy food on thursday? But my conscience tells me to go, maybe I can help her. I get in the car.

“How are you, sweetie?”

“I’m good. How about you?”

“I’m so tired. But you know life moves on.”

“Hehe,true.”

She puts on the radio. It’s Sukira.

“I like Ryeowook. Ahh.”

“Me too!!” My fangirl mode is on.

“Super Junior is so handsome. I like Donghae too.”

“Oh, Growing Pains is on!”

“Turn it up!” Oh my. This old lady.

 

We are at the supermarket buying more soymilk and rice. We sit down at food court to take a break.

“I wish you were my grand daughter.”

“That’s crazy. We just met, haha.”

“I can tell what type of person you are. Very studious and responsible.”

“Oh no don’t say that.”

“I’m having trouble with my grandson. He comes home and he is very reserved. He doesn’t say much. I mean he gives me love but I want him to speak to me. But he just isolates himself. He just goes on the computer to watch anime and does a bit of his homework. We eat dinner together but he doesn’t say anything. I get so frustrated. He wasn’t like that before.”

“Awe, I’m sorry. Did something happen before, any trauma?”

“Oh..it started when his parents divorced. It was a very messy situation. He doesn’t forgive his parents.I mean I have nothing to do with it, he shouldn’t be like that with me.”

“Oh.. awe.. I guess he needs time. But don’t give up!Fighting!”

“You’re so cute. Thank you for listening to me.”

“Anytime!”

 

I came home, ate and did some homework. I’m happy. I had a great time with Young-hee! And he gave me a dollar!! He didn’t refuse!! Ahh. I roll on my bed. I can’t believe he was smiling at me! Ahh..I’m sleepy. Good night.

 

A/N: Sorry for late update! I graduated from high school yesterday! So here is my gift to you! Yay, now I will be able to update often!Hopefully, you enjoyed this chapter.