Chapter Twenty One

Don't Fly Away, My Butterfly

“Nayeon!!!!....Nayeon!!”

Ugh, what does my mom want? Sometimes she shouts for no reason and when you answer her, she doesn’t respond. I have a clay mask on right now; I am preparing myself because I will be going to school this week! I say that with so much excitement, ha. I don’t know but you have to be positive right? I guess.

My phone vibrates. Oh, it's Dong woo...he hasn’t been really texting or talking to me as often. I can understand though, he’s probably busy with college applications.

11:25 a.m.“Hey, I heard you’re coming this week.”

11: 27 a.m. “Yes, I am!” I texted back.

My phone vibrates again. Its Namjoon.

11:32 a.m. “Hey, Nayeon..do you like chocolate?”

11:33 a.m. “Uhm..yeah I do, lol. Why?”

11:35 a.m. “uhh. I was curious.”

11:37 a.m. “Okay Namjoon ahaha”

That’s weird. We haven’t talked to each other since that day he took me out to eat. I don’t know, maybe because of my awkwardness I haven’t initiated any conversation.

No. That’s not the reason. I hate to admit, but I still like Yoongi. Even though, I know I have no chance at all. But I don’t want to use Namjoon as a rebound. He is so sweet and I do want to give him a chance...if he does like me???? But I need to get my feelings in order.

“Nayeon!!!!” my mom shouts again. The twenty minutes have not been up yet..so I just come down the stairs with the clay mask on. I gesture, ‘whats up’.

“Here an invitation for you!” My mom hands me the already opened letter. Thanks for my opening my mail. Sarcasm ya know.

Its a cute invitation with flowers. It says, “You Are Invited!” I flip the card open.

“You are invited to….

Karaoke. This Sunday at 3pm.” I read to myself.

Ah, the happy hours. I’m not complaining, I don’t get much allowance. Mr. Choi is hosting this get together. This is going to be...interesting? It says on the card that its for welcoming for coming back to school.

That’s so nice of them!

“Awe that seems like fun! Don’t tell me you’re not going because you are going to study! No studying! Go have fun, Nayeon.” My mom nags at me while she starts to fold her clothes that she just took out of the washing machine. I only nod my head because of the clay mask.

-

 

Sunday 3pm

 

My mom double parks in front of the karaoke place.

“You’re just in time!” she says enthusiastically.

“Yup..” Its literally 3pm I unbuckle my seat belt. “Thank you for dropping me off!”

“No problem. Make sure to call me or Taeyeon to pick you up. Or get a ride from somebody. But make sure to let me know.”

“Yeah of course. Bye!” I wave to my mom as I exit the car and walk in front of the karaoke place. Let's do this, don’t be awkward. I open the door and enter the place.

“Hello.” The owner says behind the counter.

“Hi..uhm. Mr. Choi’s room?” I ask awkwardly.

“Ah, Mr. Choi! Yes, room number six on the right.” He gestures his hand to the right. I nod my head and follow his instructions.

I don’t know why I’m getting nervous. What is there to be nervous for? Is it because dumb me is thinking Yoongi will be there? I really need to stop belittling myself but I should get it in my head. He likes Yoo Jung. I look fine. I look fine, I’m just going to have some fun. This experience made me realize that I should enjoy life because before I know it...I can die. Education is important but what’s more important is my health and the people around me. I gently grab the door’s handle and open the door.

“NAYEON!!” people shout before me. I did not expect so much people to be here, I thought it would just be the Mr. Choi’s class..which is just the five of us. “Welcome back, great to see you again.” Mr. Choi comes before me and pats my shoulder.

“It’s great to see you as well!” I smile at him. I’m genuinely so happy to see him again. My eyes scan the room. Namjoon, Hoseok, Jimin, Jihyo, Youngjae...Yoongi..and Yoo Jung? How and why? They’re obviously dating.

“Nayeon!! Come and make yourself feel comfortable!” Hoseok shouts through the microphone.

“Yassss Nayeon!!” Jihyo shouts.

“Sit next to me!” Jimin shouts, that little brat. His jacket is between him and Yoongi and he is pointing to sit where his jacket is.

“Uh..”My awkward smile appears and then I realize. AHAHA. Jimin must feel awkward as well since Yoo Jung is here. Damn. He mouths, “please.”

“Okay, okay.” I walk to his spot. He and Yoongi move a bit so I can sit down.

“Uh.. hey.” I slightly bow my head toward Yoongi. He makes direct eye contact with me. This feels weird..the way he is looking at me..just feel weird. I can see some..sadness which makes me worried. But, no I should stop caring..I suppose. He gulps and responds, “Hey, Nayeon.” A small smile appears on his face. “I’m sorry.”

WHAT? DID I HEAR RIGHT? Sorry for what? What?

“Wait..what did-” I get interrupted by the commotion that's happening. The others are chanting my name and Youngjae is making so much noise with the microphone.

“Nayeon, you get the first song of the night! WOOO.” Hoseok hands the microphone to Nayeon.

“Uh..I don’t know. But..” Damn, they’re hyping me up too much, I don’t know how to react!

“Let’s sing together..Nayeon. If that makes you feel any comfortable. “ Namjoon said smoothly. Ok but why is my heart slightly beating…? Stop this madness.

“Uhm..sure, that would be nice.” I look around and Yoo Jung is showing Yoongi something on her phone. Just do it, Nayeon.

“Choose the song. I don’t mind.”

“Okay then.” Namjoon starts to choose a song.

The familiar sounds of violin starts to play with a catchy. No way. I love it. Ahh. The theme song of Dream High titled Love High.

“I DREAM HIGH..” I start singing in the microphone. I don’t care, this song brings such good memories. That drama is my number one favorite. We honestly all start singing along. Jimin sings Soo hyun’s lines, me and jihyo sing the female parts. Young Jae starts to sing Wooyoung’s parts. Suddenly, Namjoon grabs the mic to rap Taecyeon’s part, and I’m clearly amazed. The way he raps isn’t cringy at all. I’m mesmerized. Hoseok is just banging the tambourine like a lunatic, gotta love him. I glance over at Yoo Jung and she’s just smiling while gently banging the other tambourine. Yoongi is only grinning to the whole situation. But again, why did he say sorry? Did he accidentally hit me or..I can’t think of anything else. Forget about it, let me enjoy socializing. Youngjae and Jimin chose the next two songs, and they were singing their hearts out. It's good to see Jimin being not so shy and just having fun especially to what Yoo Jung did to him. Mr. Choi is only standing just enjoying the atmosphere. I just wonder how Yoo Jung was invited...I know Mr. Choi wouldn’t invite her because that's awkward due to their past. Yikes. Jihyo chooses a SNSD song so we begin.

“ITS MY FIRST LOVE STORY..” Youngjae shouts and begins to dance. Hoseok chants , “Mr.Choi! Mr.Choi! Dance, dance!”

“You obviously know the dance!” Youngjae shouts and nags. As the chorus begins, Mr.Choi pulls out his stiff moves but he actually does know the dance! I’m wheezing.

I sit down because I am way too hyped and I’m trying my best to record Mr. Choi without laughing so much.

“Funny, right?”I hear somebody say next to me. “Nayeon, you have a nice voice.”

“Oh..Yoo Jung. Haha, thank you..I don’t. I try.”

“It’s really good! I’m a bit jealous. Jihyo has an awesome voice too.”

Why is she so nice? I’m mad that she did that to Jimin but..it's also Jimin’s fault. Ugh. “Yeah, I love her voice.” I respond.

“What were you doing in the park all by yourself?” I just can’t see her motives when I look at Yoo Jung’s face.

“Park?..oh that time. Oh I was waiting for somebody.” I stop recording Mr.Choi.

“Oh..I see. Who? A guy?” She smiles at me. “You can tell me who. I trust you, you can trust me.”

What is she talking about? Why is she being so nosy? My eyebrow arches and my expression changes all of the sudden.

“Yoo Jung, your turn to sing a song.” Hoseok announces.

“Oh, go sing! I bet you have a nice voice!” I try to change the subject because clearly, I don’t want to continue the conversation.

“Oh , okay,” Her innocent and cheery smile shines. She definitely has everything a guy wants. But I shouldn’t question my beauty and qualities. Every girl has their own charms. She picks a TVXQ’s Mirotic. Yes, the classics! We all start singing because it’s TVXQ. But she also has a nice voice, it's so sweet and melodious.

She is absolutely the perfect girl.

 

My voice is starting to crack and it's a bit dry for obvious reasons. Oh damn. I left my water bottle in the car. I go up to Mr. Choi, “I’m going to buy a water bottle. Just to let you know.” Well he is the supervisor of the group, gotta let him know.

“I’ll go with you. I want water as well.” He chuckled. So we leave the room to buy water bottles.

 

“Can I get 16 water bottles?” He asks the owner of the karaoke.

“You got it, sir.” The owner smiles and goes to grab the water bottles from a fridge.

“Sixteen? Two for each of us?”

“Yes, Nayeon. Don’t worry it's on me.”

“No, at least let me pay for half..”

“No, Nayeon it's my treat! Don’t worry we all pitched in for the karaoke, your friends are very generous. You have nice friends.”

Friends..you’re right they are my friends. That actually makes me feel warm inside.

“Thank you so much for everything, Mr.Choi.You’re the best!” Something in me just pushed me to hug him. I don’t think it was right of me..but I consider him as a friend. Surprisingly, Mr. Choi returns the hug.

“You’re a good kid, Nayeon. I’m glad to see you alive.”

 

--------------

 

Yoo Jung found it weird that Mr. Choi and Nayeon both went outside of the karaoke room. “What happened to Mr. Choi?”

“They’re getting water bottles for us.” Jihyo responds.

“Ah..I’m going to use the bathroom.” It annoyed Yoo Jung just to see Nayeon be close to the man she once admired..or still does. She comes out of the karaoke room and passes the women’s bathroom to go to the lobby of the karaoke place. There they are...hugging. Yoo Jung couldn’t believe it, it reminded her of the days where she would try anything and everything to get his attention. He did once hug Yoo Jung and she still remembers the scent, the strong and soothing scent he has. It’s not fair, why do the guys I fancy like her? She’s nice but what else? Anger began to rise in Yoo Jung.

“If it wasn’t for her, I know you would accept me back. I was your first love and will always be.” Yoo Jung’s tears are like a storm.

“Her?” Yoongi’s eyebrows arches.

“Yes. Her. Nayeon. You like Nayeon, don’t you?!” Yoo Jung shouts in agony.

There’s silence...for about a minute.

“Answer me. I can tell with your eyes.” Yoo Jung’s hands were shaking.

“Yes. Yes I do. I like Nayeon. I’m crazy for her. I would like to have a future with her even though it's impossible. Are you satisfied?” Yoongi answers with confidence.

“Yes..I am.” Yoo Jung replies while her tears are streaming down her face and she walks away without saying anything.

 

Yoo Jung grabs her phone from her pocket, unlocks it and presses the camera icon. She focuses her camera and places her phone at a deceiving angle. Yes, Yoongi, now..I am satisfied.


 

A/N: HEY! Stupid me made another fanfic so trying to update both is hard but I love it though! I love my readers as well! You guys make my day! I hope you enjoy this update more drama mwuahah and uhm thank you for waiting!!!