Chapter Seven

Don't Fly Away, My Butterfly

Without even trying, I am finding lots of things about Yoo Jung. It feels weird. I do not want to get myself involved with her. But she just keeps appearing in conversations and just everywhere. At the lunch table, this is the main topic for today.

“She’s really cute and nice. She spoke to me today!” Jimin says excitedly.

“Oh really? How was the conversation?” I ask.

“Not awkward. She asked what the homework was, I told her, and then she asked me if I was in the drama club. I said yes and she said she would love to come to one of my plays.”

“She’s just being nice.” Jihyo retorts.

“Hey, I like nice girls. She wouldn’t have said it if I was ugly.” Jimin says with such confidence. I really don’t like that he wants to get to know her more. I don’t know if it's just me being jealous or protective.  “She’s really nice and cute. Lots of teachers like her but I heard that she’s known Mr.Choi from her previous school. Mr.Choi doesn’t seem to like her a lot.” Jihyo starts to talk with full. Oh my. I didn’t say anything, I don’t know how she knows. But let me ask her. “How do you know?” I ask.  “Oh you know Hoseok?” I nod my head. “Yeah, him. We were talking about her in Literacy.  He said that he saw her trying to talk to him and he just kept walking and not even paying attention to her.”

“Oh, that’s a bit cruel. I’ve never seen him do that to anyone. He is always so caring.”Youngjae says while he drinks his water.I wish I can tell them what I saw but I want to keep my secret. Sehun comes up to our table. “Stop gossiping Nayeon. Nobody wants to hear it.”

“Nobody told you to come here. Go away.” I motion my hand for him to leave. “No.” He says and stands there. Oh great a staring contest. I stare back with intense eyes. We are having this staring contest for a minute and I feel that there are people surrounding us. “Yooo, Sehun’s eyes are getting read and watery!” Youngjae and Jihyo are laughing.  The intense stare of him is going to make me laugh.  After another minute, Sehun shouts in agony. “Agh, I can’t do this.” He covers his eyes with his hands. “You look so funny, I can’t take it.” He retorts. “Yeah,okay.” I scoff at his remark. “Thank you Nayeon for beating him. He’s a little sissy.” Dong-woo says to me with a smile. “Hahah.” I laugh at his remark. I notice Yoongi is looking at my table. Well yeah, probably just looking what the commotion was. We make eye contact. Oh my goodness. I shyly grin. He smirks and turns back around. I don’t know how to deal.

 

I arrive early at Mr.Choi’s class. Mr.Choi is not there yet. Oh yeah. Today we will be reviewing the script. Oh god, I hope I don’t make a fool out of myself. Yoongi enters through the door. I wave. “Hi..” He nods his head and sits behind me. I shall talk to him. I want to get to know more about him.  I immediately turn around. “How are you?” I smile at him. He looks up and half smiles. “I’m good. You?” You got this, Nayeon. “Good too. My eyes just hurt from that stupid staring contest.”

He lightly laughs. “Yeah that was intense. Sehun is an idiot.”

“Yes.” My eyes widen and slightly slam my hand on his desk. My weird side comes out. He smiles at my reaction. “How’s your dad?” He asks and makes eye contact with me. He’s making conversation!!!  “Oh, he’s doing fine! He likes you guys. Thanks for asking.” I smile.  He looks away for a bit. Am I making him uncomfortable?  I don’t want this conversation to end.  “Um, I’m trying to look for new anime to watch...you know any?” I bit my lip. He immediately looks at me. “You watch anime?” He seems interested. “Yeah..”

“I didn’t know. How did you know I watch anime?”

“Actually, I didn’t know. I’m just making conversation. Haha.But the question is serious though.” My heart is beating so much.  “Well, Sword Art Online is one. It’s really good.”

“Sword Art online? Let me write it down before I forget. Hehe.” I grab my pen and notebook. I write it down on top of his desk.  “What’s it about?”

“It’s about a guy who gets trapped in a video game.”

“Oooh. I’ll make sure to watch it.”

“What type of anime do you like?” Yoongi is asking me. He seems genuinely interested in my answer. “Um anything with a good  plot haha. But mostly shoujo…you know.. You?”

“Same, I don’t mind what type of anime. As long as the plot is well written.”

“Oh! Nice, we have something in common!”

He just smiles at that comment. Did I scare him? Mr.Choi comes in with a piece of bread in his mouth. “The baguettes in the cafeteria are really good! I recommend!” He says while going to his seat. “Awe, I didn’t know ! Now I want to try some.” I complain with a playful tone.

“You want?” Mr.Choi asks.

“No,no its yours.”

“I’ll get you some. No big deal.” He leaves the classroom. Namjoon and Hoseok enter the classroom.

“What is he doing?” Hoseok asks.

“He’s getting me bread…” I respond awkwardly.

“Awee, I should have came earlier..” Hoseok pouts.  “Oh, Hoseok? Did you type up the scripts?” I ask him. “Oh yeah! Let me give it to you.”  The bell rings and Mr.Choi still hasn’t arrived.  Hoseok gives us the script. “But there will be one change to my script. Namjoon is going to be the main girl.”

“Wait why?” Yoongi asks  with a confused look.

“I don’t think you would be fit for it. I planned for you to do it but I want this to be really good.” Ouch, Hoseok. This is embarrassing. I feel the tension. “I’m willing to be the girl. I don’t mind.” He glances at the script. “Are you sure?” Namjoon asks.

Mr.Choi arrives with the baguette and goes by my desk. “Enjoy.” He smiles. I grab the baguette and start eating it. The only thing I can do in this awkward situation.

“Mr.Choi? We are going to practice and you choose who suits the better girl.” Hoseok suggests. “Choose any line.”  Hoseok announces. Namjoon and Yoongi stand up. I stand up also to say my line. Namjoon begins.

“Okay, here I go. Erm.. I’m so glad you are a part of my life...thank you.” His high pitched voice is hilarious.Here I go. “No, I don’t deserve you. Thank you. I love you.” I say with a low tone. Wait, I read further in parenthesis “kiss if class wants to.” What. I mean I don’t mind if it's Yoongi.But Namjoon, I highly doubt it.  Okay, now Yoongi’s turn. “Guys, look at each other when you say it.” Mr.Choi suggests. Hoseok is dying of laughter. Ugh. This is awkward. I turn around. Yoongi  clears his throat.

“I’m-” He starts with his girl voice and I can’t help but laugh. I cover my face with the script. “I’m sorry go on.” I compose myself. He smiles and starts again. “I’m so glad that I met you. Thank you. I love you.” He grabs my hand. What is happening? I never seen this side?

“Oh damn,yoongi!” Hoseok is still laughing. “Do that weird hugs they do in dramas.” Mr.Choi says. I turn around to face Mr.Choi. He smiles. I hate him right now. Yoongi is still grabbing my hand. I pull him close to me and I place my hand on his back.

“No, I don’t deserve you. Thank you… I love you.” I whisper the “i love you” part.

“Oh my gosh. You’re so good Nayeon!” Hoseok exclaims. “We are definitely keeping Nayeon as the guy.”

“That’s not fair. We were awkward and I was the first one to do it.” Namjoon complains.

“Hm..I just can’t take Yoongi seriously. So I choose Namjoon.” Mr.Choi says evilly.

“What, I’ll practice my girl voice.” Yoongi pleads.

“Give me one good reason why you want to be the girl?...I never thought we would be discussing this…” Mr.Choi asks.

“Well, I really want to become friends with Nayeon. So this is a great opportunity because we have alone moments together. “ Namjoon says without a problem.  Oh, wow.

“Yoongi?” Mr.Choi is smiling.

“Um...I don’t mind. But its okay if Namjoon does it.” I mean that's a compliment right?  He doesn’t mind acting with me...

 “Okay if you say so, Namjoon will do it.” Mr.Choi says confidently.     

The bell rings.

“Guys lets meet up in the food court this Saturday at the mall.” Hoseok plans.

“OKay will do!” I can’t wait. Finally, I’m going to hang out with Yoongi...He just nods his head and leaves with Namjoon and Hoseok.

“Thank you for the bread! I’ll eat the rest at home!” I bow my head.

“No problem..Nayeon, what do you think about Namjoon?” Mr.Choi asks.

“Um..he’s nice and polite. Why?” I smile.

“No, nothing. And Yoongi?”

“He’s a good person..” I’m not telling him what I really think. Ha.

“Okay.okay. I don’t want you to be late for your next class.”

“Okay, I’ll see you later.” I wave and leave.

 

 

I’m at the library now using the computer to print some things out. We don’t have any ink left in my house. Haha. I turn my head for just a second and I see Yoongi walking towards a table near me. Basically three feet away from me. He sits down and begins to do homework. He looks adorable doing his work. Sigh.  I focus on printing the stuff I need. After a good twenty minutes, I start packing up. I notice that he is also packing up.  

“Nayeon..” I hear somebody call my name. I look up. Yoongi. “Oh, hey Min Yoongi..” I smile at him. “Printing some stuff?” We begin to walk out of the library.

“Yeah,haha lots of it.” I’m smiling so much like a fool.  

“Namjoon is the girl, huh?”

“Oh yeah, his girl voice is funny. Wait that means you will have to act as the bad boyfriend or as the victim’s friend?”

“I want to play the victim’s friend.. I’m not too close with Namjoon to touch him, or act like a abuser…”

“Oh yeah, that’s true. Pretty weird to say a loud..haha.”  He laughs at my statement. “You’re right.” He says and puts his hand on the nape of his neck.

“You did pretty well today, I didn’t expect that..” He tells me.

“Oh! Oh my gosh, I’m so embarrassed, I didn’t know how that came out. Ah, too much shoujo animes.”

“Yeah..” He smiles. His smile is adorable.

“I’ll watch the anime you recommended me today!”

“Oh, yeah go ahead.”  We stop by the door that leads to the stairs.

“So are you going home now?” he asks me.

“Huh? Oh yeah. You?”

“I’m just going to talk to a teacher right now.” He grins.

“Oh okay.So I’ll see you!” I wave and walk backwards and hit myself against the door. His eyes widen. I’m feeling awkward right now so I just scurry out the door. My heart is beating is so fast. Too bad he’s probably not even feeling that way towards me. Now the insecurities start to kick in, do I look alright while talking to him? Is he interested?  I can’t wait for the weekend.

 

A/N: I hope you enjoyed this update!  Comment, subs and upvote