Chapter Twenty Two

Don't Fly Away, My Butterfly

 

Yoo Jung grabs her phone from her pocket, unlocks it and presses the camera icon. She focuses her camera and places her phone at a deceiving angle. Yes, Yoongi, now..I am satisfied.

“That's it.” Yoo Jung smirks to herself as she takes the picture.

“What are you doing?” Yoo Jung hears a familiar voice behind her. She quickly turns around. Her jaw drops.

“Uh..uh.” She is unable to say something. “What do you mean?” She clears .

“ Yoo Jung, a suggestion, don’t hurt people because you clearly know how it is to be bullied. Remember?” Yoongi lowers his voice. “Excuse me.” He walks towards Nayeon and Mr. Choi who have stopped hugging and were grabbing the crate of the water bottles and complimentary snacks. “Do you need help, Mr.Choi?”

Seeing this, Yoo Jung clenches her left fist. Of course, I remember. She walks back into the karaoke room, feeling anxious.

---

Yoongi helps Mr. Choi carry two jugs of juices while Mr. Choi carries the crate of water bottles and snacks. While, I hold the door. It was surprising for me that Yoongi came out of nowhere..I guess he got bored inside? But how? Youngjae, Hoseok and Jihyo are singing their hearts out while Namjoon and Jimin are laughing.

“Water!” Youngjae shouts and immediately stops singing to go to the crate.

Mr. Choi places the crate on the table that's in the middle of the room and sits on the couch that the karaoke room provides. Everyone stops what they are doing and surrounds the table.

“Oh, Jimin, there’s dried fruit! You want?” My motherly instincts kick in whenever we are together.

“Nayeon, you pick first!” Jimin nags me.

“Uh..okay haha.” My awkward self grabs some dried fruit and the two water bottles. I notice that Yoo Jung seems a bit off. She isn't with Yoongi... she's just sitting by herself. I don't know but I felt a bit of pity. I mean considering the fact that she has history with three guys in this room. Yikes.

Ugh, its killing me, I can’t seem to be petty and just ignore her. I walk over to her while the others were grabbing their water bottles and snacks.

“Here, some water!” I sit next to her.

“Oh..it's okay.” Her hands are shaking.

“Are you sure?..are you okay?” Yoo Jung’s eyes are watery. She doesn’t look too good. She only shakes her head ‘no’. Did something happen to her in the bathroom?...it makes me wonder. “Are you sure, Yoo Jung? You can tell me..” Yoo Jung immediately stands up and leaves the room. I notice Mr. Choi watch her as she leaves the room. He then proceeds to stand up and leave the room. What's going on? I really hope nothing did happen to her while in the bathroom..just like what happened to me at the ..mall. I still shiver at that thought..at that memory.

“What’s happening? She looked like she was about to cry?” Youngjae asked through the microphone.

“I think we should call it a night guys..I'm going to go check up on her.” I say into the microphone because I can’t seem to talk loud enough. Everyone nods their heads awkwardly, all in silence not knowing what to do. I walk out of the room.


 

“Oh good thing, I was just about to call you! Can you check up on Yoo Jung. She's in the bathroom. I’m worried. Obviously I can’t go in the ladies room.” Mr. Choi tells me apologetically.

“Sure, I am here to help!”

“Make sure to bring in napkins and pull back her hair. I think she might be puking…”

“P-puking ? Does she suffer..from..bulimia?”



 

The sound of puking is the only thing I hear, yup she's in here. “Yoo Jung, dont worry its me, Nayeon.” Good thing her stall isn’t closed.

Oh my.

She's crying while vomiting. I feel like I'm about to cry as well. I hold back her hair and tie into a ponytail the best I can. I begin to pat her back. “It's going to be okay, Yoo Jung. It's going to be okay.”

“Yeah she suffers from bulimia. She told me that she was a bit overweight when she was younger and the shameful kids would bully her. A popular guy from her grade started to defend her. Of course she fell for the dude. So all that pressure made her want to lose weight..but fast. And so the vomiting started. It was her way of finding ‘peace’ with herself because she didn't know how to handle the situation. It became a habit. When ever she feels anxious, she throws up. She lost the weight, the popular dude started dating her. The kids stopped bullying her. She still hates herself, and it makes me sad to know that. It just got awkward because she declared her feelings for me during her sophomore year. It's because i would listen to her and be nice to her. I still do care about her. But you know…”

“Oh ..everything makes sense now..I understand Mr. Choi. Don’t worry! Has she gotten any help she needed ?”

“Temporarily, I signed her up for therapy that year. But once..I rejected her. She stopped going.. and avoided me.”

“Oh wow..what about her parents..?”

“I told her mother. Her parents are divorced by the way. But it seems like she hasn't done anything..or they probably don’t have the money for it.”

“Mr. Choi...the more you know about someone right ? Its crazy..”

Mr. Choi nods his head.

“I’ll check up on her.”


 

Yoo Jung had stopped puking and laid her head against the stall. I hand her some napkins.

“Thank you, Nayeon..you can leave now..”

I gently smile at her. “I’m not leaving. How can I leave?” I see the pain and hurt in Yoo Jung’s eyes, something was tormenting her inside. She’s a hurting soul.It reminded me of the kids at the schools we went to. It made me realize how fixated I was on other things such as school when theres people around me hurting. Nobody really bothered me with their problems because I guess I seemed so focused on my studies.

“Please, I’m okay now.”

“Hm..Mr. Choi will take you home. I’ll make sure Yoongi isn’t around to see you if that's what's worrying you…” Ugh, why am I so awkward?! She agreed and stands up. We leave the bathroom after she rinses . Mr. Choi was still waiting out in the hall.

“Let’s go, Yoo Jung.” He gently smiles at her which made Yoo Jung seem more at ease. She follows after him. I watch them leave the karaoke place. I wonder how I can help her. Well, if she lets me help her. I check the time on my phone. I guess I will be heading back home, I just can’t seem to have fun anymore. I send a quick text to Taeyeon to pick me up.

“Nayeon, where’s Yoo Jung?” Yoongi came out of the karaoke asking me. Of course, this is the reality I must face.

“Mr. Choi is bringing her home. She didn’t feel well.” I can’t even look at him in the eyes. I’m tired, tired of feeling this way.

Yoongi cleared his throat. “I’m sorry.”

Why is he telling me that he’s sorry? Does he know that I have feelings for him? Or its because of something else?

“Its okay! Don’t worry I can’t control how anybody else feels. I’m feeling tired as well.Its about time we go home!” I’m assuming he's saying sorry that his girl, I suppose ‘ruined the fun’ for feeling anxious. To be honest, all of these situations is helping me understand..feelings.

“Huh? No..that’s not what I meant-”

What?! Then what is it? He couldn’t finish because the others came out of the karaoke room laughing. My phone vibrates, its Taeyeon.

 

___

 

Today is the first day back to school. I’m feeling a bit nervous but I’ll be fine. It feels a bit different for not being in school for awhile, it feels like things have changed. But they haven’t.

Well, the vibe has.

Why am I getting all these obnoxious stares? Group of girls from my literature class are staring me down, they would normally say hi to me. What did I do? Are people having a bad day today? “Who knew she’d be the type. I guess she really wants that A, huh?” I hear these comments when I pass by them. No, it's probably not for me. Definitely, I didn’t do anything.

Splash.

 

I’m drenched in cold water.

 

why?

 

 

A/N: omg what i was surprised I havent updated since JAN??? im so sorry but i completed my second year so now Im on break. Im soo sorry and thank you so much for the readers who have stayed, i appreciate it! how do you feel if i update frequently but shorter chapters? sigh this one is pretty short. or do you prefer longer chapters? sending you all love!!