Chapter Twelve

Don't Fly Away, My Butterfly

 

“Well, first let's go to each class and tell them that everything you said was a lie.” Yoong responds.

Minji crosses her arms. “No. Not until you go out with her and make it official.”

Yoongi wears his poker face. I don’t know if he’s mad, annoyed or just doesn’t care.He takes out his phone and starts to do something. He sighs and continues.

“Okay so you want me to date your sister and what would you do for me in return?” Yoongi asks her nonchalantly. Jaemin and me look at each other. We stay quiet because now it is between them.  Minji takes in a deep breath out of annoyance.

“I will tell everyone that the rumours of Jaemin are not true.” she sounds annoyed.

“Ah okay. Fine. I’ll see.” Yoongi says nonchalantly. My heart drops for a bit. But I know he rejected her so this is just for Jaemin. “Okay then. Minji you can get back to your class.” Yoongi suggests. Minji leaves.

“Yoongi..are you sure?” Jaemin asks worriedly.

“Yeah. Don’t worry. I know what I am doing.” Yoongi grins.

“Okay. Thank you so much.” Jaemin stands up and bows her head. “Thank you Nayeon as well.” She leaves.

Me and Yoongi are left alone. Silence ades the room. I try to initiate a conversation.

“Um wow. That was surprising.” I awkwardly chuckle.

“Yeah..” He looks at me. “Nayeon?”He keeps looking at me but with no emotion.

“Uh yes?” I smile at him to not feel awkward. He diverts his attention to the door. I look at the door as well, curious about why is he looking there.

“Never mind..” He sighs. What were you going to say? Why are you like this?? Suddenly, someone opens the door. It’s Namjoon.

“You finished?” Namjoon asks as he enters.

“Yeah.” Yoongi responds as he stands up.

“Oh are we leaving?” I ask.

“Yeah but first we need to clear some things up.” Yoongi responds. What is he talking about?

“Me and Hoseok are going to be waiting in the classroom.” Namjoon says as he walks the other direction. Yoongi nods his head.

“What are we going to do..?” I look to the ground as we stand before each other.

“Just follow me.”He says in a calm tone of voice. I follow him. We enter a classroom and Yoongi asks permission if we could say something to the class. Minji is in there.  I stand still.

“Minji, would you like to say it or do I have to. I have it recorded.” Yoongi says without emotion. Minji rolls her eyes. Oh, so that’s why he took out his phone when we were talking to her. Minji stands up and goes by Yoongi. She mutters, “You have to keep your promise.” Wow, she must really love her sister.She gulps.

“Everything about Jaemin is lie.” She says with a dry voice. “But we did have an argument. That is it.” She bows her head.

“Let's go to the two other classes.” Yoongi suggests. I can tell that she isn’t happy at all. She is holding back her tears.. I follow after them.

The students were speechless when she began to speak. I feel bad for her because maybe now she will be outcasted. But I guess those are consequences of her actions. We will see how it turns out. I just hope Jaemin feels better.  We are now walking Minji back to her class.

“Wait here, I need to use the bathroom.” Yoongi says suddenly and turns around. Minji looks up at me with furious and scary eyes.

“Yes, Minji?” I ask.

“I’m going to tell you once. Don’t you dare even get close to Yoongi.  My sister really loves him. So stop looking at him and find yourself another man.” She says fiercely. Woah I didn’t expect that. I just smile to calm her down.

“Don’t be silly.” The atmosphere is getting intense.

“I’m serious.” she looks away. Min Yoongi comes by with two water bottles and a muffin.

“You went to the bathroom right?” I smile at him. He grins as looks at what he brought. Minji glares at me. Ugh.

“Here ya go.” He gives Minji the muffin. “You did great today. It wasn’t an easy task.”  Minji’s facial expression changes completely. Her eyes are sparkling and she is wearing a big smile.

Wow. He is so sweet. I never thought I would see that side of him. I see a water bottle in front of my face.

“For me?” My eyes widen. He nods his head. He wears a poker face. Whats with the sudden change? Ughhh. “Oh, thank you!” I smile and take the water bottle. He immediately looks away and turns around. Well then.

 

We drop Minji off in her classroom and we meet up with Namjoon, Hoseok and Mr.Choi outside in the parking lot.

“Nayeon!” Hoseok waves from afar. I’m walking beside Yoongi but it doesn’t seem like it. It’s like I’m invisible to him. He doesn’t talk or initiate conversation. There is a distance between us while walking. It’s not even side by side. I feel like if I get a tad bit closer I would be invading his personal space and he would probably walk a bit faster. I return the wave to Hoseok.

“Hey Nayeon.” Namjoon smiles as we approach them. “Everything is fine?”

“Huh? Oh yeah..” Not really. I was threatened by like an eight year old to back off of Yoongi.

“So everything is well?” Mr.Choi assures.

We leave back to the school. The car ride was silent. My self esteem is not the best right now. I’m not feeling well.

 

I’m getting some books from my locker and somebody taps my shoulder.

“Oh, hi Namjoon.” I smile at him.

“Nayeon. I just wanted to ask if you wanted to hang out this Saturday.” He smiles sweetly.

“Umm, I don’t know. I’ll have to ask my parents.But I would like to go.” Whats with this sudden invite.

“Ah, okay just me, Hoseok and Yoongi are going to hang out and we wanted to make it up to you from last time. Also, we need to practice our lines for the middle schoolers.” He places his hands in his pockets.

“Oh..” he notices that my facial expression changes. I didn’t want to be reminded from that incident. “So no mall right?” I try smiling but I feel as if I’m going to explode.

“Yeah no mall. Definitely not.” He smiles comfortingly. My legs feel weak and my mind is running and running through thoughts. My lips begin to quiver and my hands begin to shake. “Nayeon… I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to bring it up.” I couldn’t hold back my tears. They are rolling down my face and I look to the ground. It’s just Namjoon and me. Nobody is around. The hallway is empty. Suddenly, Namjoon gently grabs my wrist and pulls me in for a hug. “It's okay Nayeon. Cry, cry all you want. I’m here for you.”I cry into his chest. I couldn’t take it. He softly pats my back.

-

Yoongi and Yoo Jung enter the hallway where Namjoon and Nayeon are in.

“Oh, Namjoon has a girlfriend?” Yoo Jung asks Yoongi as they stop and stand looking at them.  Yoongi looks up from his phone and his eyes widen.

“Huh?” He asks confused. He looks at them. He can tell that’s Nayeon because she is always wearing some type of cute socks. “I don’t think so..”

“They make a cute couple though.” Yoo Jung smiles. For some reason, Yoongi becomes slightly annoyed. He looks at his phone.  “Oh really.” He responds. Yoo Jung looks at him. He usually won’t say anything when she states an opinion or he would just smile at her and say his opinion. But this time it’s different. His tone of voice is different. She gets a bit angry.  They continue to walk a little more. This time you can hear her cry. Yoongi’s heart stops for a moment. Nayeon is crying. Why is she crying? Now he feels a bit frustrated and angry at himself for not being the one comforting her.

“She’s crying…” Yoo Jung voices. She feels a bit guilty for getting a bit angry at her because of Yoongi. She doesn’t want to hate Nayeon. From the people she has talked to, they all have said that Nayeon is a sweetheart. And what she has known  Nayeon has kept her secret.

“Don’t worry about it. You didn’t do anything wrong. It’s not your fault.” Namjoon says to Nayeon. Nayeon is pouring her tears onto him. Yoongi seeing the sight of this decides to turn around and walk the other way. He feels defeated. There’s nothing left for him to do. She is already in Namjoon’s arms. But his face didn’t show how he is feeling.

“Wait, Yoongi…” Yoo Jung calls out to him while he walks away.She catches up.

“It’s awkward.” He says with a dry tone of voice.

“I wonder why she is crying… I feel pity towards her.” Yoo Jung says sweetly. Yoongi keeps his focus on the ground. Yoo Jung feels slightly uncomfortable. There’s this new atmosphere between them. She doesn’t like it at all.

 

A/N: Hello! Thank you for being patient! I hope you enjoy this short update! Hopefully, the next chapter will be longer! Comment!! Comment whatever your thoughts are of this chapter, I would appreciate it!!! :D~~~~