Chapter Eight

Don't Fly Away, My Butterfly

Its Saturday. I’m so nervous right now but I have to stay confident. I woke up early, made breakfast for everyone in the house, and now I’m choosing what to wear. I can’t decide. Should I wear jeans or a dress? The weather is pretty chilly now. Not too hot anymore. Should I wear a skirt? I decide to wear my Super Junior band shirt and tuck it in my black skirt that has suspenders. I unbraid my hair and the waves look nice! Awesome! I run down the stairs.  My mom is in the kitchen, making her coffee.

“Nayeon! You’re up early. Going to the library to study?”

“No, I’m going to buy some things for the project. I told you yesterday..” I’m telling her while I’m putting on my black chunky heels.

“Oh at what time?”

“At 10:30 and there is smoothie in the fridge.”

“Oh! Thank you!” She goes by the fridge and takes it out. “By the way, who’s going to take you? Taeyeon?” She is making small talk with me.

“No, I’m going in bus. Dad already gave me money for everything.” I go into the kitchen.

“Are you going by yourself? You could have done it with Taeyeon.”

“I’m just going with some friends..we need to figure out what goes best..” I open a water bottle.

“Which friends?” Wow, she’s asking lots of questions.

“The ones from Mr.Choi’s class.”

“Oh, the boys?” My mom is preparing her coffee. I nod my head. “It's not that I don’t trust you Nayeon but please be careful. Wow, you’re just like me. It was easy for me to make friends with guys.” She smirks.

“They’re just classmates.” It's true. In no way we are friends, we haven’t gotten to the point of speaking about our feelings and problems.

“Okay, call me if you need anything.” She smiles at me. I give her a hug and a kiss on the cheek. “Okay, bye. I love you.” I say as I head out the door. I walk to the bus stop. It's 9:10, okay good I have time. The bus will come in ten minutes.  The sun is shining but there is also a nice breeze. I turn my head nonchalantly. Yoongi? He’s walking towards me. What? I thought he had a car since he has his license. He is looking at the ground while walking. Should I pretend to not see him or should I not? I take out my phone to kill time.

I feel somebody beside me. I take my eyes off my phone and look to my left. Yoongi is beside me.

“Oh hey.. You scared me.” I smile shyly. I always start the conversation, which I hate. He grins and nods his head. Ugh, he won’t speak. I’m always talking. “So, um, I thought you were going to drive there..” I look to the ground. “Oh, no. My grandma didn’t want me to drive there. She was going to drive me there but she just decided to drop me off here at the bus stop. She said she was tired.” He squints his eyes while he looks up to the sky.

“Oh I see. Are you excited? You’re going to try on girl clothes!” I look at him and smile.

He smirks. “Of course..”he says sarcastically. “Um, do you know when the bus is coming?”

“Uh, yeah. Let me look at the time.” I look at my phone. “Oh in a minute. Supposedly, at 9:20 it comes.” He nods his head. Suddenly, another person joins us to wait for the bus. Wow, he’s really handsome. He is tall, lean, and with bleach blonde hair. Also, has great skin and he smells great. Woah. I think I’m staring too long because he suddenly looks at me. He smiles. I nod my head in acknowledgment.

“Do you know when the bus will come?” He lowers his head to listen to my answer. “Um, it's supposed to come now..it’s already 9:20.”  I respond to him.

“I’m sorry, my name is Minhyuk. Thank you. What’s your name?” He smiles at me and takes out his hand. At the corner of my eye, I see Yoongi turning his head to look at him. “My name is Nayeon. Nice to meet you.” I shake his hand.  The bus arrives. “Ladies first.” He tells me. I go right ahead in the bus. Minhyuk and Yoongi come right in afterwards. Awe, wow the bus is full. There are no seats available. Everybody is entertained with their phones, sleeping or reading a book.  And there are a few people standing with their earphones on or entertained with their phones too.  I hold on to the bars that are there. I feel a breeze around my skirt and a ticklish sensation around my thigh. And just suddenly, somebody from behind puts their hands around my waist and embraces me. What’s happening? I hear somebody whisper in my ear, “It's me, Yoongi. Stay like this. I’ll explain later.” I just nod my head in agreement. What is this. I feel so awkward but I’m liking this. Ugh. His embrace his warmth and I can actually feel his heart. Thump, thump. He has emotions. We stayed like this for the whole ride to the mall.

“Yoongi, it's our stop..” I say to him. He nods his head and slowly lets go of my waist. The bus stops. Yoongi goes ahead to the bus driver to pay and I follow him.

“How much for two?” He asks while taking out his wallet.

“6.50” The bus driver responds. Wait what? “No, Min Yoongi, you don’t have to.” I try stopping him but he is already paying the bus driver. “Thank you.” He bows his head and steps off the bus. “Thank you so much!” I bow my head and follow after him.

“Oh you didn’t have to. I have money. But thank you! I owe you one!” I say while walking with him towards the mall. He grins and nods his head. He doesn’t say anything else. I want to bring up why he just randomly hugged me but it's going to be awkward. If he doesn’t bring it up now, there is probably a good reason. I’ll ask him later. We walk inside the mall and to the food court without a sound. I don’t want to annoy him. We stand in the middle of the food court. There is not much people right now in the food court. I look at the time. It’s already 10:30. Namjoon and Hoseok aren’t here yet.

“I haven’t been to the mall in forever..” I decide to do some small talk. I can’t bear with this awkward silence. “Does it look different to you from last time you came?” He asks with a bit of interest. “Its cleaner, that’s for sure.” I retort. He grins at my response. “You know what? I started to watch Sword Art Online, it’s really good.” I gesture a thumbs up.He nods his head. What should I do for him to show some type of interest?! He clears his throat.

“So about the bus..” He starts but then gets interrupted by Hoseok shouting and waving.  “Nayeon!!!” Hoseok shouts and runs to us. Namjoon is right behind him.

“Hey guys, did you come together?” Hoseok innocently smiles. Namjoon somehow looks worried. “Kinda, we were on the same bus. It wasn’t planned.” I tell them. He smiles at me.

“So, which store do you recommend Nayeon?” Namjoon asks with a smile on his face. “Hmm, it depends how much money you have..well thinking about it. It’s better not to waste lot of money on clothes you won’t use.  So, forever21 will do.” I say with confidence.

“Ohh, my sister buys there. It's so big.”Hoseok tells us as we begin to walk to the store. “Nayeon, you like Super Junior?” Namjoon asks. I nod my head. At least someone takes interest, haha. “I love them.”

“That’s cool.” Namjoon sounds really sincere. Wow. He’s really nice. We are already at the front of the store. The music is pumping and the outfits that are being displayed are pretty nice. We enter. A tall,lean and handsome man greets us.

“Welcome to Forver21! If you need any help, I will gladly help.” I look up to see his face.

“Oh! Minhyuk!” I smile at him.

“Oh, Nayeon! Wow, what a surprise! If you want, I can be your personal assitant today.” He winks at me. I just laugh because I’m nervous.  Namjoon and Hoseok seem lost. Yoongi goes on ahead to the skirt section.

“No,it’s okay. I’ll let you know!” I say nonchalantly and walk towards Yoongi. Namjoon and Hoseok follow me.

“How do you know him, Nayeon?” Hoseok curiously asks me while looking at the racks.

“I don’t really know him. But I met him today at the bus stop.” I take out a short frilly skirt. “How’s this for you?” I ask him. “Hmm. I’ll try it on.” He takes it. “I have a weird feeling about him..”Namjoon says while looking at the crop tops. I just nod my head. Yoongi doesn’t say anything. “Um. Min Yoongi, would you like to wear a long or short dress?” I ask him.

“Long..” He grins. Ok some emotion there.  I find a set, it's a long  black maxi dress with spaghetti straps with a striped shirt that goes underneath. Stripes look nice on him. “Do you like this?” He nods his head and grabs it. “I really like this color..” Namjoon shows me the crocheted split neck mini dress. The color is indeed nice. It’s a nice sky blue color. “It looks comfortable.” He says shyly. “Get it!” I exclaim.

“Awe, I want you to help me.” Hoseok pouts. “Okay, what do you want?” I respond.

“I want to look y..and a short dress. I know I have great legs.” He plays around.

“You do have nice legs.” I reply. Hoseok stands still and his eyes widen.  He begins to blush. “Wow, Nayeon. Thank you. It means a lot.” He places his hand on the nape of his neck. I didn’t know it would affect him that much. I smile at him. “This dress?” It is indeed y. It's a low cut short skater dress. The pattern is beautiful. Damn, I want these clothes to myself. It's floral with a suave pink. “Should I stuff them?” He jokes. “That would look great on you.” Namjoon compliments him. “Nayeon, we are going to make you the best looking flower boy. Better looking than that Minhyuk.” Hoseok seems confident. Yoongi grins at his statement. We walk to the men’s section.

“We have to get you the smallest size jeans!” Hoseok looks through the jeans.

“Nayeon? Would you like ripped jeans?” Namjoon asks.

“Anything that would make me look like a playboy, haha.” I’m looking through the shirts.  Yoongi is by the sock section looking at it with concentration.  We are the only ones in the men section. I keep walking around and I pass by the dressing room. I want to see how it looks like, so I go in and take a peek. Suddenly, somebody enters.

“Oh, Nayeon.” Its Minhyuk. He smiles at me. “Hey, I just wanted to see how it looked like. Also, I might try something on.” I respond. He walks closer to me. “Boy’s clothes?”

“Its for a project!” I chuckle. He nods his head and it seems like he is closer to me. I just keep walking backwards because I’m nervous. “Is that dude your boyfriend from the bus stop?”

“Oh, no haha.” I wish he was. Minhyuk nods his head. Somehow, I hit the wall and he is right in front of me. He places his hand on the wall. “That’s good. You’re so beautiful.” This is weird. I don’t like this. “Thank you. I will be leaving.” I try to walk but he pins me to the wall and is really close to me. “I don’t like this so stop.” I say with confidence. I’m dying inside. “Fierce, I like it.” He smirks. He suddenly place his hand on my chest and slowly going down to my . “Stop!!” I shout and try pushing him. But he grabs my wrist and pins them to the wall. Thank god he didn’t touch my . “Shh..” he says gently and leans his head in. He pecks my cheek.
“Shh, you have to be quiet or it won’t end well.”  This jerk. I try to kick him but he just gets in closer. He’s so strong. I spit in his face. He only smirks and gives me a peck on my neck. “STOP! HELP!” I shout and move with all my might. I’m praying to God for some help. Suddenly, Yoongi marches in and grabs Minhyuk by the back. I’m free. Yoongi punches him in the face and pushes him to the floor. Minhyuk curses underneath his breath. The manager and security guard come rushing into the dressing room with Namjoon and Hoseok.  The security guard handcuffs Yoongi and Minhyuk. The manager comes to me.

“Are you okay?” He asks me considering that I look terrified. I shake my head no. I don’t think I’ll ever forget this. “What happened?” He asks me. My tears start to fall uncontrollably.

 

 

We are at the mall jail waiting for them to verify the security camera that they only have in the lobby of the dressing room. Hoseok hugs me while we sit there, “It’s going to be alright. Yoongi is not going to jail.” The cop comes out with Yoongi. “He’s clear. He’s a good kid.” He gives Yoongi a pat on the back. Yoongi stands before us. I stand up immediately. “Min Yoongi, thank you so much.” I bow my head. He only nods his head. I feel like I’m only annoying him. “Let's go guys.” Namjoon suggests and he puts his arm around me to comfort me. We walk out.

“I thought they would call our parents..” Hoseok begins after the silence.

“The head cop here is my mom’s boyfriend. I told him not to call anyone. But he said that Nayeon should at least tell her parents.” Yoongi responds.

“Thank you, I appreciate it. I don’t feel ready to tell them yet.” I smile at him. Suddenly, the manager comes before us with bags. “Here, I’m really sorry it happened. So please accept the clothes you guys left behind. And this too.” Oh my gosh. I totally forgot about the clothes. He each gave us a thirty dollar gift card. We bow and say thank you.

“Okay, let’s look at the positive guys! Free clothes!” I smile at them. I don’t want to ruin the mood. I feel like it's all my fault. “You didn’t have to waste money on this, hehe.” I look inside the bags. “I’ll invite you guys to smoothies!” I feel horrible.

“No you don’t have to do that!” Namjoon exclaims. “No, please let me do this.” I beg.

After much pleading, they complied. I bought them smoothies and we decided to drink them outside where the weather is nice. It's already three in the afternoon.

“Thank you Nayeon! I still had fun!” Hoseok smiles at me which comforts me. Suddenly, Nam Joon's phone rings. He picks it up.  “Yes mom? Oh..okay...fine.” He sighs and ends the call. “I have to leave guys. My mom doesn’t want me to be late to the dinner party we are having. Any of you want a ride? Nayeon?”

“Oh, I just texted my sister to pick me up, thanks!” I smile at him. He looks pretty disappointed. “I think I will go with you, Namjoon. Please.” Hoseok stands up.

“Fine.” He responds. “Yoongi?”

“I’ll take the bus. Don’t worry about me.” He says as he sips the last drop of his smoothie.

“Nayeon are you sure?”

“Yes, she will be here in five minutes because she is in the area.”

“Okay then. Bye.” He waves and leaves off with Namjoon.

“I’m so sorry about today but thank you so much!” I bow my head once again. He nods his head. “How do you feel?” he asks with a concern tone of voice.

“I’m fine!” I try to sound cheery but my eyes begin to form water. I breathe in and out to stop myself from crying. “Thanks for asking!”

He bites his lower lip and looks to the ground. I want to ask him about the hug from today, but it's already awkward right now. I guess I’ll never know.  My sister arrives. I stand up. “Do you want a ride? It’s no big deal.” I smile at him.

“No, it’s okay.” He slightly smiles and stands up. “Bye Nayeon.” He waves and walks off as I get in the car. I guess I’ll never know.

 

_

 

Yoongi sighs as he sits down to go home.  Remembering the hug he gave Nayeon. He smiles at the thought, she is so petite and thin. Her waist is tiny, well mostly everything about her is tiny. It felt comfortable.

                Yoongi was beside Nayeon, but he noticed that she wasn’t aware. He looked back and saw that Minhyuk was right behind her with a decent amount of space between them. He noticed something weird. Minhyuk’s fingers were dancing on Nayeon's thighs and slowly go up to her . Yoongi couldn’t believe it. His blood was boiling, an anger arose in him. He couldn’t believe people were not even looking or paying attention. He also couldn’t believe that Nayeon didn’t notice. He didn’t know what to do. Should he grab her? Or.. ‘I have to act fast.’ He thought and before Minhyuk could reach her , he got in between them and pushed his hand away. He embraced her and pulled her closely to him. He was relieved that Nayeon didn’t react horribly that way that Minhyuk guy wouldn’t take advantage.


Yoongi sighed again. His heart ached for Nayeon. He felt horrible he couldn’t protect her truly.

A/n: Sorry, I used Minhyuk from Monsta x to be the ...He's my bias from Monsta x haha. But whatever, its just a story. I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Comment your thoughts, upvote and subscribe! thanks!! <3