Knights In Shining Blue ♥

I've Never Been This Close

A lot of people gathered at the local square, and the staff and crew were preparing the stage. Some bands were going to perform tonight.

"Is this some kinda fund raising?" 

"I don't know," one said. "They say this occasion is just for fun."

"I heard that a Hallyu star would sing."

"Geurae? That is impossible!"

A lot of rumors had been floating around. Many were excited because local bands in Seoul had gathered to play just for fun before the start of classes come Monday.

"I am so excited to hear them sing," Jiyeon said.

"Me too," Bom replied.

"Huh, this is not my stuff," Shin Hye remarked bluntly.

"Don't be like that, Shin Hye-ya," Bom told her. "Let's just support them coz they're already our housemates."

"I don't know, Bom-eonni," Shin Hye said. "I am not just not interested in bands."

 

Meanwhile, backstage, the guys were sitting along with the other bands. The organizers asked each leader what their band names were, and Yong Hwa replied for them.

"Do you need keyboards?" the staff asked.

"Ani. Only our drummer needs the drumset," Yong Hwa said. "We're fine."

Then, the MC began to welcome everybody and said a few more lines before starting the event. The cheers of the crowds grew, and the MC introduced the first band to perform. The crowds died in love as they watched the guys performed their own songs.

"I am so nervous!" Min Hyuk said. "We were just performing in front of the country people way back."

"And now, Seoul residents," Yong Hwa muttered.

They waited for their turn, and later, the MC went to the stage.

"Are you guys bored?" he asked the crowd.

"NOOOOO!!!!" the crowd shouted.

"All right, let's give the stage to the newest faces in town, Knights In Shining Blue!"

Everybody clapped, but Shin Hye dozed off.

"What kind of a name is that?" she asked Bom.

"Omo! It's them!" Jiyeon squealed.

When Shin Hye opened her drowsy eyes, she saw the four guys taking the stage. 

"Omo. What's up with three guitarists?" Shin Hye asked ignorantly. "Tsk, only Min Hyuk-ah is unique."

"They are guitarist, but they have different roles," Bom explained to her. "Judging from their instruments, Yong Hwa is the rhythm guitarist, Jong Hyun, the lead guitarist, and Jung Shin, the bassist."

Shin Hye greatly admired Bom's knowledge in music eversince, and she did not argue when her eonni explained to her how to differentiate each guitar, or how each guitarist works. The explanation was a bit drowned because the girls were screaming with delight at the pretty boys, who looked different from the previous guys who performed. The others looked like emo, while Yong Hwa and the guys looked pretty/handsome and cool.

Yong Hwa started the performance with a smile, and the girls shrieked in utter madness at his toothy grin. 

"Who are they?"

"I never saw them around."

"I've heard they are Japanese."

"Jinjja?"

The guys used to compose songs way back in high school, and they performed it live. The crowd jammed along, because the songs were so cool. They had never heard it before, and they thought that the guys were an emerging band in the Korean music industry.

Bom and Jiyeon kept on waving their hands like fans should, while Shin Hye just sat there, looking bored and all. However, all she ever saw was Yong Hwa. For her, the whole world stopped, and not even Jong Hyun's voice could be heard. She felt that everything else slowed down and blurred, and in her world, all there was to it was just her and Yong Hwa. As she listened to his husky voice, she felt her cheeks feeling warm, her heart tugging her and beating hard, her face sweating, her hands trembling, her soul out of her body, and her whole body paralyzed.

"Wow...." she whispered to herself.

Bom noticed her cousin sitting there stiffy, so she jabbed Shin Hye and smiled.

"Gwaenchanha?"

"Ah...ne, Eonni," Shin Hye lied with her poker face.

"Jong Hyun-ah is so cool," Bom said. "Of course, they are all cool, but I love Jong Hyun's voice the best."

"You like her, Eonni?"

Bom was caught off-guard, and the younger Park noticed a blush on the elder girl Park's face.

"Aniya! It's just that, his voice is soothing," Bom replied in defense to herself.

"Whohooo!!!! Min Hyuk-oppa! You are so daebak!" Jiyeon screamed.

Turning to her eonnis, she sighed. "Ah, if Seobang were here, he'd enjoy too."

"We invited your Seobang, right?" Bom asked.

"Ne, but he said he had a family affair."

"Too bad...."

Shin Hye looked at the crowd dance to the beat of the lively and catchy song. Her cousins also danced, but she just stayed still. 

*****

After the show, the guys walked out, but many fans were already going to them. Jiyeon found it hard to get to them, but she dragged her two cousins along to go to the guys.

"It's too crowded," Bom remarked.

"You could always ask for their autographs at home," Shin Hye told Jiyeon.

As they were about to approach the guys, Min Hyuk saw them and waved.

"Noona!!!!" he called out to Bom. "Jiyeon-ah, Shin Hye-ya!"

Soon, girls began looking at the three girls whom the drummer had called. 

"Omo, look at Granny Goose," one girl said. "She looks like the girl in the magazine centerfold."

The girls gathered to look at the magazine in question. Shin Hye froze, praying that nobody would just recognize her. The girls soon juxtaposed the picture next to Shin Hye.

"It is her!" one girl said.

"No, it's not her," her friend said.

"You just look like her," the third said to Shin Hye.

The guys looked at Shin Hye in another embarrassing situation, wondering why she was mistaken for a model.

"That girl looks just like me, but it is not me," Shin Hye told the girls.

"Oh, we thought so," the first girl said. "This model certainly doesn't come close to a granny goose like you."

Shin Hye did not feel insulted because she was used to names, and she felt glad that her secret would not be exposed. She just stood still as the es went to the guys for the autograph.

"We are so going now," Jiyeon complained, dragging her eonnis away.

"We'll just meet them at home," Bom smiled. "Let them enjoy their fame first."

Shin Hye walked away with her cousins, not even taking a look back at a certain Jung Yong Hwa.

 

~~~~