Park Runs In The Family

I've Never Been This Close

Bom and Jiyeon got themselves busy as they cooked dinner in the kitchen. Meanwhile....

The boys sat down on the floor as Jin Young instructed them. The man had a low table where he did all his paper works. He introduced himself first as the principal in high school, and the guys also introduced themselves. Jin Young asked Yong Hwa about Ma Ri.

"Oh, Aunt Ma Ri is doing well," the young man said.

"Hmm. I received her text message, requesting me to accomodate four young men in my abode," Jin Young said. 

For income purposes.

"Oh, I think you have met Jiyeon," Jin Young said, and the guys nodded. "She is my daughter."

"And, Bom-noona?" asked Min Hyuk.

"Oh, she is my niece," the principal answered.

The boys looked at the spaces provided for (above their heads) as they tried to connect the links between Jin Yong, Jiyeon, and Bom.

 

(Sorry for the pun....)

"Jiyeon's his daughter?" the guys asked themselves. "And Bom-noona's.... andwae~~~~!"

"Ahem..." Jin Young cleared his throat as he guessed what the guys were thinking.

He instructed them certain rules to be obeyed. Since they will be in college, no curfew. However, the house might look like antique, but he had safety lock installed, so he gave each guy a bunch of keys. He told them that they need not worry about the restroom, as the house has two, all equipped with locks. He also instructed the guys to be mindful of the use of water and electricity, and to minimize noise when he will be having teacher visitors.

"It is just unfortunate that I have to leave school for a day," Jin Young said. "My head aches."

He told them to also pay their dues on time, and that they needed to pay a half-month rent in advance for the first pay. They could pay the other half by the end of the month.

"And oh, when will you start enrolling for college?" the principal asked.

"We'd start tomorrow," Yong Hwa said. "We don't want to waste our time."

"Good, good," Jin Young said, scraping his knees with his hands. "By the way, tonight, when my other niece will come home after her college enrollment, please pay to her."

Min Hyuk tried to ask when the niece will return, but Jung Shin jabbed him.

"I think she will most probably arrive before dinner," Jin Young said. "Shin Hye is very mindful of time."

"Shin Hye?" Yong Hwa asked. "Wow, such a pretty name."

"Ne, Shin Hye and Bom are daughters of my brothers," Jin Young said. "Like you, they came from the province and came here to study since they were in high school. So, they grew up here pretty much."

He welcomed the boys and they went downstairs. He also accompanied them to their rooms, with Jong Hyun and Min Hyuk sharing one room, Yong Hwa and Jung Shin sharing the same room.

"Jung Shin-ah, let's be in one room, huh?" Min Hyuk pleaded.

"So that you can abuse me and make noise?" Jung Shin snapped. "Andwae!"

"Ya, ya, stop it already," Jong Hyun said.

"Joesonghamnida," Yong Hwa apologized in place of the boys.

"Ah, gwaenchanha," Jin Young told Yong Hwa. "Just take a rest, arasseo?"

After the boys finished their agenda in their own rooms, they dashed to the kitchen to help Bom and Jiyeon. They only did that because of Bom.

"I'm home!" another female voice announced her presence.

They scurried to the door to meet her, but Jin Young was there.

"Oh, Shin Hye-ya, are you already enrolled?" Jin Young asked.

"Ne, Uncle," she said matter-of-factly.

The guys dropped their jaws and cringed. 

O.

M.

G.

"She is ugly!" Jong Hyun complained.

"What's up with the dorky glasses?" Jung Shin asked.

"And the grandma skirt?" Min Hyuk asked.

"I didn't know Chuck Taylors go well with grandma skirts," Yong Hwa remarked.

Actually, it was just an exaggeration in the part of the guys. Shin Hye wore a white tank top, a plaid skirt reaching up to the ankles, and the Chucks. Her short hair was wavy and neat, and her glasses were not as thick-framed as the guys thought. They were just over-reacting.

Jin Young instructed the guys to come out, and they did. He introduced her to the guys, and the guys to her.

"So, you need to start paying half of the monthly dues today," Shin Hye said strictly as she handed out her hand.

The guys looked at each other, then broke into sheepish smiles. Min Hyuk hit her hand as if they were buddies exchanging high-fives.

"Ige mwoya!" Shin Hye freaked.

"Shin Hye-ya, please calm down," Jin Young begged.

"Anio," she said. "When it comes to money matters, payment is payment. No cent more, no cent less."

The guys shuddered at her strictness, but only Yong Hwa stood up to the challenge.

"Geurae, Halmeoni?' he taunted her.

"Tsk! Call me whatever," Shin Hye said. "Hand me the payment."

Yong Hwa looked at her squarely in the eyes as he grabbed his wallet and handed her the payment. She reciprocated his gaze with a stare as strict as Miss Minchin's. As soon as she got hold of the money, she counted it and found it sufficient.

"This is right," Shin Hye said. "And I'd give you the receipt."

She marched past the boys and went inside the room. The boys heaved sighs (except for Yong Hwa) after the ordeal.

"Be patient with her, boys," the principal begged. "She is just strict when it comes to math and calculations. Even Jiyeon and Bom could not stand up against her."

"She is scary!" Jung Shin and Jong Hyun chorused.

"T_T" Min Hyuk cried with his anime tears.

"Huh, so arrogant," Yong Hwa coolly said. "I may not be a math whiz, but when it comes to payment, I never cheat."

Jin Young thought he had to diffuse the misunderstanding, so he invited the guys to the dining room. As they were about to go there, Shin Hye went out of her room, went to Yong Hwa, and handed him the receipt.

"Keep it, so that you will...."

"Ara, ara," Yong Hwa said. "I know what receipts are for."

Shin Hye cocked her eyebrows and smiled. "Good! You look interesting."

Yong Hwa rolled his eyeballs and replied. "Mwo?"

"Because you are the first person to talk back at me!" she snapped before marching to the dining room for dinner.

Jin Young began wiping his forehead and invited the boys gingerly to dinner.

"Dinner's ready," Bom finally announced.

 

~~~~