Secret Love Revealed

I've Never Been This Close

The guys continued playing in the bar like they always did, Shin Hye continued with her modeling, Jiyeon and Seung Ho continued dating, and Jin Young continued having to deal with the matters in school. But for all these time, they never knew that Bom and Jong Hyun were already lovers.

It was supposed to be Min Hyuk's turn to pay the rent, but he forgot to buy some eyeliner, so he asked Jung Shin to pay it for him.

"I might come home late, and Shin Hye might eat me for not paying the rent," he said. "She might impose penalties."

"Tsh," Jung Shin scoffed as he got his off the couch lazily.

He ascended the stairs and saw the window open, so he took a peak. To his surprise, he saw Jong Hyun and Bom sharing soft kisses.

"Eh? When did that ever happen?" he asked himself.

He suddenly remembered the day that Min Hyuk got his makeover. It was also the day that Bom was almost assaulted by Ji Yong, and when Jong Hyun saved her, she just allowed the guitarist to be with her. Jung Shin remembered seeing some spark in Jong Hyun's eyes when the latter went back to the lecture room that day.

"Maybe something happened that day," he thought. 

He felt a bit sad because he still had feelings for Bom, but he had to let it go because his feelings for Hyun Ah were stronger.

"Does Shin Hye and Jiyeon know about this?" he asked as he darted off to Shin Hye's room.

*****

*Knock, knock.

Shin Hye was thankful that she was done wearing her clothes when she heard the knock. She went to the door, and upon opening, noticed the bassist standing.

"I'm paying the rent," he said as he handed her the money.

"Ha, you think I have no manners whatsoever," she scoffed. "Come in."

Jung Shin got in her room and stood by her table.

"Have a seat on my bed," she said, as there were no other chairs in her room.

He crossed his legs daintily as he handed her the money, which she took. He looked at her process the receipt. While she was writing, he exposed something.

"I saw Jong Hyun and Bom-noona kissing."

Her pencil broke.

"Mwo?" she asked in disbelief. "Are you joking me again?"

"Why would I joke when it comes to Jong Hyun and Bom-noona?" he asked. "When I joke, I usually just kid you and Yong Hwa, not about them."

Shin Hye noted the seriousness in his voice, waiting for the minute that he'd say he was joking. Both of them stared at each other.

~~cricket sounds ala Gokusen~~

But he was not joking.

"I thought you are joking," she said.

"I am not joking!" he said.

Shin Hye got to her window, opened it discreetly, and snooped. To her surprise, she still saw the two people in question, still kissing.

"OMO!!!!!" she whispered to Jung Shin as she got her head back inside the window. "Really true!"

The bassist raised his eyebrows.

"I know, right?"

Shin Hye hyperventilated as she tore the receipt and handed it to him. He noticed her change of breathing pattern.

"Gwaenchanha?" he asked bluntly.

Sparks fired up in her eyes.

"They are so cute!" Shin Hye squealed.

She held the bassist's hands and wiggled them like he was a gay friend.

"Omo, omo, omo!!!!! Bom-eonni and Jong Hyun just look so cute together!" she squealed before letting his hand go.

Shin Hye ran out of her room, and Jung Shin had to follow. He was worried that it was making her crazy. And to her craziness, Shin Hye fell of the stairs.

"Shin Hye!" he cried out.

Fortunately for her, Yong Hwa caught her in time.

"What's wrong, Jagiya?" he asked her softly. 

Shin Hye felt her legs. Good thing nothing was hurting.

"Come, come!" she whispered.

She led him to the window, and they took a peak. When they looked out the window, Bom was leaning on Jong Hyun's shoulder, and they saw the other guitarist kissing her hand.

"Since when did that happened?" Yong Hwa asked Shin Hye in a whisper.

"Molla."

They finished snooping and giggled like crazy when Jung Shin went to them.

"Do you know about it Jung Shin-ah?" Yong Hwa asked him.

"I told Shin Hye," he coolly replied to the band leader.

He told them what he thought.

"Wow, why are you so observant?" Yong Hwa asked Jung Shin.

"It's because I am not stupid," he told him. "I may be Korea's number one ert, but my intelligence is the best."

The three of them decided to keep it a secret.

*****

But it seemed that the secret could not be kept, for Jin Young finally noticed the sweetness that Bom and Jong Hyun had at dinnertime. He had been doubting it all along.

"Jong Hyun-ah, are you courting Bom?" the principal asked.

Jung Shin choked his food, and Yong Hwa had to slap his friend's back.

"Gwaenchanha, Jung Shin-ah?" Jin Young asked.

"Ah...gwaenchanheuseyo...*cough*" Jung Shin said.

Jong Hyun and Bom looked at each other, as if their relationship had been wrong. Jin Young expressed that he had no problems with them being lovers, his problem was Jin Won-hyung and any other secret people who might expose the secret to Bom's family.

"But you know, I have no problems with you falling in love with each other, even if Jong Hyun is younger than you, Bom-ah," Jin Young told his niece. Then, to Jong Hyun, "Take good care of my niece."

"Arasseoyo," Jong Hyun said with a happy bow.

"I'd back you up when Jin Won-hyung opposes," Jin Young promised.

"Gamsahamnida," Jong Hyun and Bom said.

The other three on the table just smiled secretly while hitting each other's shins in happiness.

****************

Min Hyuk saw Jong Hyun staring at the ceiling absentmindedly while touching his lips. He remembered the day that Ji Yong almost harrassed Bom.

"Did you have a kiss with Bom-noona?" he asked sadly. He thought was still very much in love with Bom.

"She's already my girl," Jong Hyun said, looking at his roommate.

"Since when?" the drummer asked.

His guess was as good as Jung Shin's, for Jong Hyun told him when.

"Mianhae, Min Hyuk-ah," Jong Hyun apologized to his roommate. "She chose me."

"I'll give up, Jong Hyun-ah," Min Hyuk said, doing his best to hide his tears. "I'll get over it."

Jong Hyun nodded, then got back to his occupation of building air castles, without noticing that the drummer exited the room.

******

Min Hyuk saw Shin Hye and Yong Hwa kissing by the front porch, so he cleared his throat.

"Oh, mianhae," Yong Hwa said.

"Mind if I pass?" the drummer asked, and Yong Hwa let him.

As Min Hyuk got out of the porch, he opened the gate and went out. When he closed the door behind him, he started to cry.

"Min Hyuk-oppa?" Jiyeon called out.

Min Hyuk shed his tears as he hugged her tight.

*******

Jiyeon treated her oppa to some food that she could afford, and all she could afford were milkshakes and sweet comfort foods. Min Hyuk shared his woes of love, and Jiyeon said she perfectly understood him. She shared to him that she once fell madly in love with Seung Ho, who, at that time, was courting their other friend. That was in their third year in middle school. She did her best to be sweet to him, but he was oblivious to it, until the day that one of their close friends accidentally spilled her secret to Seung Ho.  At first, he was angry at her and did not want to talk to her anymore.

"Believe it or not, Seobang used to be my bestfriend," Jiyeon said. "He told me that he'd not want to talk to me anymore after he learned my secret. I spent many nights crying over him, and many days asking for his forgiveness, even to the point of thinking of kneeling in front of him in front of the class. But Appa knew about it, and when he knew my plan, he told me to give myself some dignity and not to beg."

She said that Seobang and their friend eventually ended up together, but during summer before second year in high school, Seung Ho suddenly called her up, stating that he missed spending time with her. At first, she was hesitant, but when he insisted, she went along. He confessed that he had been in love with her more than he had loved their other friend, that's why he and the other girl broke up before summer. And so, their relationship began to bloom.

"I have been in love before," Min Hyuk said. "But this one hurts the most."

Jiyeon hugged her oppa and told him that some girl might be there for him, waiting for the right time to be noticed.

"Just enjoy being single, Oppa," Jiyeon said. "You will not have this much problems when you are single."

Min Hyuk got to think that this girl younger than him had some sensible insights in love, and he decided to heed her advice.

 

~~~~~