My Seobang

I've Never Been This Close

The guys were able to enroll and were done before lunch time. Jong Hyun, most especially, was delighted because he had no more money for lunch, as he had spent it to buy bread with Bom. They went home to eat lunch prepared by the princess.

When they got in the house, they saw Jiyeon holding a silvery pink cheek brush while looking at the mirror.

"Is there any occasion, Jiyeon-ah?" Min Hyuk asked her.

"Ah, ne.... my Seobang will come to visit me," she smiled cutely.

They were supposed to be happy to spend time with Jiyeon when the good spell was broken. Shin Hye got in the living room while holding a sudoku book and sat on the couch. When her stare met with Yong Hwa's, everyone felt that the house was on fire. But the two were just too cool for that, and they preferred to give each other the cold shoulder.

The guys could not help but compare the two girls in the room. Jiyeon had her hair neatly combed, she was wearing a bright yellow tee, white daisy dukes, and cute flip-flops. Even her pink cheek brush looked like a part of her ensemble already. Shin Hye's clothes were painfully contrasting. She was wearing her hair neatly as usual, but her clothes were so ridiculous. Her long-sleeved tee did not match with her pencil skirt, and her ridiculous bunny slippers were out of place. Her glasses belonged to the dork era that she was totally left behind. Even the designs of her pencil skirt were so granny.

But then again, these were just their exaggerations. Shin Hye's off-white long sleeve tee actually looked good with her pencil mini skirt, which had Bohemian designs...still too cheesy for the guys. Her bunny slippers were not out of place either.

As it was a mini-skirt, Yong Hwa could not help but stare at Shin Hye's thighs. Was she just white, or was she...anemic? He felt his cheeks burning, but nobody pointed it out because they were ditching her look for Jiyeon's. But of course, the skirt was really not that mini mini skirt. It was just two inches above the kneeline....

Just then, a knock was heard, and Jiyeon excitedly ran to the gate. When she opened the door, it was a guy.

"Seobang!!!!!" Jiyeon squealed as she dragged the guy inside.

The guys looked at the younger guy being dragged by the high school girl. The younger guy noticed the presence of the elder guys, so he greeted them politely and formally.

"Ah, so no wonder you were calling Min Hyuk as Seobang yesterday," Jong Hyun said to Jiyeon.

"Eh?" Seung Ho asked as he blinked in confusion.

The guys had Seung Ho and Min Hyuk stand together. There were slight differences, but on the other hand, they could look like brothers. Then, they let Seung Ho sit down in front of Shin Hye so that they could start making friends with him. But Seung Ho was too polite, much so that Shin Hye was there.

"So, have you practiced your math in cram class?" Shin Hye asked Seung Ho.

"Ne, Noona," Seung Ho replied. "I want to be part of the math quiz bee again this coming school year."

But it seems that it was Seung Ho and Shin Hye bonding over math talks. Jiyeon began brushing her seobang's face with the cheek brush that it was just so cute.

"Eonni, Seung Ho-seobang came here to see me, not to talk math with you," Jiyeon said.

"But math is interesting," Shin Hye countered.

The guys laughed real hard, most especially Yong Hwa.

"Your company must really be boring, heh?" he taunted Shin Hye. "All you ever talked about are numbers? Tsk!"

"Why are you talking to me?" Shin Hye snapped.

Just then, an idea occured to Jiyeon.

"Seobang, I think I could tell Appa if you could have Shin Hye-eonni tutor you math," she said.

"Mworagu?" Seung Ho asked. "Ah, aniya.... Shin Hye-noona is busy, right, Noona?"

Shin Hye nodded.

"More like busy in counting money, kekekekek," Jung Shin joked.

Shin Hye got irate that she threw her sudoku book at Jung Shin, but the guy was able to dodge, so the book  hit Yong Hwa.

"Aish, you're unbelievable," he gritted his teeth anger.

She stood up, went to Yong Hwa, grabbed the book, and apologized rudely. "Mian."

He looked at her in disgust as she sat down to answer the puzzles.

"Ah, please stop quarreling, arasseoyo?" Jiyeon begged. "Let's just be happy family."

Seung Ho smiled at her.

"That's why I really like you," he confessed to Jiyeon in front of Shin Hye. "You are really adorable, and you really have a positive attitude."

The guys teased them both for being cute. Then, another thought came to Jiyeon.

"Oh, Shin Hye-eonni, will you go to Rack Sky tomorrow?" she asked.

Shin Hye nodded without looking away from her puzzle.

"Can I go with you?" the high school girl asked, and Shin Hye just nodded absentmindedly.

"What's Rack Sky, anyway?" Jong Hyun asked recklessly.

"It is..." Jiyeon started to explain.

But when she met Shin Hye's strict gaze, she backed out and fabricated a lie.

"Ah, it's a new mall with a library," Jiyeon said.

"Library? In a mall?" Yong Hwa asked Jiyeon while looking at Shin Hye. "You gotta be kidding me!"

Even Seung Ho did not know what Rack Sky was, so he did not dare ask any since he was also afraid of the resident math witch.

"I guess everything's possible in the city," Jung Shin sighed.

"Geurae!" Shin Hye snapped at them. "Everything's possible in the city. And so what if I spend my Saturday afternoon in the library?"

The three guys (save for Yong) shuddered in fear as they watched Shin Hye busily answering her sudoku book. The two high schoolers were not mindful, as they were happy talking to each other and being in love.

"Ah~~~~ I really love my Seobang," Jiyeon confessed in an aegyo way.

And then, coming out from the dining room, Bom announced that lunch was ready.