So Near, Yet So Far

I've Never Been This Close

The guys got home after eleven, as usual. Shin Hye noticed them coming in, so she hid by her door. And she waited for the people to disappear so she could think by herself at the front porch.

The front porch was really cold by now, since the wind was blowing softly. And it was cold because it was almost midnight. As she got by the door, her heart sank when she saw Yong Hwa sitting and gazing at the stars.

How could she make him know that it was she he had been kissing all along at the restobar? She could not make him be convinced that it was she. She! She!

So near, yet so far.....

It was true that, first and foremost, it was her personality and her rulebook that had set them apart. Her looks could be corrected within hours, but she needed to work with her personality.

And she needed to be careful in dealing with others who hate Math.

How could she? She was dying to tell him that she liked him too. She was just being defensive because she did not want any guy to get to know her. In effect, no one ever did. Add the fact that she looked so out of place with her ridiculous outfit. Who would want her?

She felt sad, knowing that her love was looking at her alter ego, not her real self.

If only she could tell him....

If only she could confess...

If only he loves her....not her pretty alter ego....

 

Shin Hye's POV

If only you'll love me, not her....

Yong Hwa's POV

Her lips...so soft and so gentle...so delicious and enticing...

When can I kiss her again?

 

End of POVs

~~~~