Secret

I've Never Been This Close

The boys gathered at Red Sky to practice, and the two guys kept quite about the secret, going on with practice as if nothing happened. When they got to take their break for dinner, Yong Hwa received a text message from Shin Hye, saying that she will watch them perform live tonight.

"Jinjja?" Min Hyuk asked. "Ahhh, for the first time, she is lightening up!"

"You mean, second time," Jong Hyun said, then put his hand on his lips. "*oops....*"

"What do you mean?" Yong Hwa asked. "This is the first time that she will be watching us perform."

Which was a total lie, and only he and Jung Shin knew that.

"Uhm, actually," Jong Hyun started.

He shared to Yong Hwa the night they saw Shin Hye dancing secretly and saucily to 'Bass Down Low' inside her room, with her saucy outfit.

"M..mwo???? You spied on her?" Yong Hwa freaked out as he accused Jong Hyun.

"A..aniya!" Jong Hyun snapped. "Min Hyuk and I actually thought it was Bommie's room! You can ask Jung Shin too!"

Yong Hwa flashed an angry glare at Jung Shin.

"You never told me anything!" he said.

"Well, I thought that was totally unnecessary," the bassist answered crisply.

"Oh, but that is important to me!" Yong Hwa said.

"Well, sorry," Jung Shin replied coolly.

Yong Hwa frowned at the bassist for keeping that secret away from him.

"I know you denied this, but you like her," he accused Jung Shin.

"Aniya!" Jung Shin snapped. "I told you my heart is for Bom-noona!"

"Ya! She's mine!" Min Hyuk and Jong Hyun chorused.

"Let's stop this already," Min Hyuk said. "I don't mind quarreling with Jong Hyun and Jung Shin for Bom-noona, but Jung Shin-ah, please don't take Shin Hye away from Yong Hwa."

"Why the heck are you accusing me that?" Jung Shin snapped. "I am not interested in Shin Hye."

"And why did you keep the dance information from me?" Yong Hwa asked.

"I know it is important for you, but it is not for me," Jung Shin explained. "Period."

The three guys seldom saw the bassist in a bad mood, so Min Hyuk and Yong Hwa apologized for being rash. Jung Shin forgave them nonetheless, and they ate dinner.

*****

After work, Shin Hye was invited by the editor to eat out with them again.

"Where are you going?" she asked them.

She learned that the airhead and the other models were planning to eat in a chic resto here in Rack Sky.

"Oh, forget it," Shin Hye said bluntly. "I have important matters to attend to."

The editor and the models were speechless when they saw her walk out of the studio. 

****

Shin Hye arrived alone, still in her model outfit. Since there were two themes for the pictorial, she decided to go out of the building wearing the makeup from the second pictorial. Her makeup was still as heavy as the makeup that CL wears in their music videos, and the clothes she wore were complimentary from the management.

She got in Red Sky alone and saw many people by the tables, eating and drinking. Since she was alone, she did not know where to linger, so she went to the counter and sat there.

"Anything you'd like, Agasshi?" the bartender asked.

Shin Hye hated liquor because she is allergic to it, not even the mild once. 

"I'd like to see the menu please," she said.

As the bartender gave her the menu, she looked at the list. She was hungry, so ordering food was one option for her not to be disgraced.

Juice? In a bar? And you're a model?

Who are you kidding?

Shin Hye ordered some lasagna-- and rootbeer. The bartender nodded obligingly and did not ask.

"Don't laugh at me," Shin Hye said to him in her mind. "That is the only thing that I am not allergic to. I don't care what you think anymore."

As the bartender walked away, she sent a text message to Yong Hwa, stating her presence. And later on, the boys showed up. 

"Annyeong," Yong Hwa greeted.

"Annyeong," she greeted back.

Yong Hwa introduced her to the guys, and the guys to her.

"Oh, so you were the girl that Yong Hwa kissed some Saturdays ago," Min Hyuk piped up.

"Ah, ne...." Shin Hye said.

Yong Hwa took her hand while she smiled flirtatiously at him--in front of his friends. Min Hyuk and Jong Hyun looked in shock as Shin Hye and Yong Hwa did a soft version of a French kiss.

"Y...ya!" Jong Hyun freaked out. "Yong Hwa, you unfaithful flirt!"

Min Hyuk pulled Yong Hwa away.

"What?" Yong Hwa asked.

"You asked me what?" Min Hyuk asked  him. "You are flirting with Tiffany, but you have a girlfriend already!"

Shin Hye laughed, much to the disgust of Min Hyuk and Jong Hyun.

"What are you talking about, Min Hyuk-ah?" she asked.

"Min Hyuk-ah? This is the first time we have met and you called me Min Hyuk-ah?" Min Hyuk snapped.

"You think I never knew that, behind my back, you call me Miss Minchin?" Shin Hye asked.

Jong Hyun and Min Hyuk looked at her in disbelief from head to toe. Then, they realized that they had seen her face before, without makeup.

"Sh...Shin Hye-ya?????" Jong Hyun asked as he suddenly stepped back and fell on the floor.

Shin Hye nodded. 

"B-b-b-but... how come?" Min Hyuk asked in confusion.

He looked at Jung Shin, who sat on a stool without any care.

"Why are you not surprised, Jung Shin-ah?" Min Hyuk asked.

"Duh?! Tiffany in her Lady Gaga outfit and makeup never fooled me," Jung Shin carelessly replied casually. "You never figured it out????"

Jong Hyun stood up and sheepishly apologized to the lovers. Min Hyuk was still asking why, so Jong Hyun covered his bandmate's mouth and smiled at his other bandmates.

"Teehee~~~ I think this is not the right place for a confession, is it?" Jong Hyun said to everyone. "Eh, Min Hyuk-ah, let's just learn it together at home, huh, shall weeeeeee~~~??????"

Min Hyuk nodded helplessly as he was hostaged by his bandmate. Yong Hwa kissed his yeoja another time before he and the guys went backstage.

*****

Shin Hye enjoyed looking at the boys--especially her boy--singing live. It felt so good that she could be free with them and not hide her secrets. Maybe, tomorrow, it's time for them to see the new Shin Hye. The vamp, sophisticated, and y Shin Hye.

Just hoping that the other guys' attention won't shift from Bom-noona to hers.

*****

The five of them got home at almost eleven, and when they got from the front porch, Jiyeon and Bom were there, chatting about guys.

"Oh, Shin Hye-eonni, you look good," Jiyeon said.

Min Hyuk suddenly remembered that Shin Hye owed him and Jong Hyun an explanation, so he pulled her and made her sit down on the front porch.

"Ya, is that the right way to treat a lady?" Shin Hye snapped. 

"Mianhamnida...."

"I'll explain it tomorrow," Shin Hye said. "I'm sleepy."

"But I cannot sleep!" Min Hyuk pestered her like a child throwing tantrums. "I need to know now!"

"I'd explain it to them, Shin Hye-ya," Yong Hwa told her tenderly.

He sat down beside his yeoja and did another soft version of a French kiss.

"Hot kiss!" Jiyeon squealed.

Bom remembered that a childish girl was among them, so she covered her cousin's eyes.

"Ya! Eonni!" Jiyeon complained.

Since Jiyeon's eyes were already covered, Yong Hwa got naughty and deepened the kiss--in full view of his housemates.

"Could you finish that already?" Min Hyuk asked impatiently.

"Yeah, finish it already so that Yong Hwa could explain to us," Jong Hyun said.

And so, Shin Hye and Yong Hwa finished their kiss. Bom noticed that Jong Hyun's voice sounded near to her ear, so she turned to her head....

And accidentally kissed Jong Hyun.

"Ohhhhhh!!!!!!" Min Hyuk, Shin Hye, Yong Hwa, and Jung Shin exclaimed.

Bom got her hand away from Jiyeon's eyes and covered . She saw a blush on Jong Hyun's face.

"What's going on?" Jiyeon innocently asked.

"Thanks for the kiss," Jong Hyun said with a smile. "Bommie."

"Joesonghamnida! Joesonghamnida!" Bom freaked out as she stood up and ran inside the house.

"Bommie!" Jong Hyun called out helplessly.

Jung Shin and Min Hyuk woke up from their shocked and frozen state.

"Ya! You bad cheater!" Jung Shin accused Jong Hyun.

"Why did you kiss Bom-noona?" Min Hyuk pointed at him.

Jiyeon looked at Jong Hyun in disbelief and scoffed in surprise.

"Whoa! Oppa, you're quick!" she said.

Before she could even pry more from the guitarist, Shin Hye stood up and pulled her cousin's hand.

"Ya, Eonni!"

"Let's get in," she said. "Boys' talk...."

Jiyeon frowned cutely and walked away with her eonni. While they got inside, the four guys sat down and started their discussion. Yong Hwa told them everything and answered their questions when they asked.

"So.... do you think we can see more of the pretty Shin Hye from now on?" Min Hyuk asked.

"Maybe," Yong Hwa replied. "I am getting curious too. She said she will start next week."

"Whohoah!!! I can't wait!" Jong Hyun said.

"One thing remains the same, though," Jung Shin said blandly. "She may be the diva in due time, but let's not forget that she will remain the math geek that she is."

"I hope she will not triple our rent," Min Hyuk cried in his anime tears.

"She will not," Yong Hwa said. "Because that decision will only be from Uncle Jin Young."

"Oh, right!" Min Hyuk said.

 

~~~~