Knights In Shining Blue Vs. Scorching Blades

I've Never Been This Close

Many girls were flirting with the guys because they looked so handsome and cool.

"Oppa, do you have a girlfriend?"

"Oppa, please date me..."

Oppa's here and oppa's there, the guys politely told them that they were single.

"Jinjja?"

The girls screamed in delight.

"Sorry girls, we are not available," Jung Shin said to them.

They tailed the guys until they reached the Engineering department. Just then, five guys approached them.

"Annyeong," the leader of the five greeted. "I've heard you have quite some fans last Saturday."

"Ah, ne~~," Yong Hwa replied politely.

The leader  broke into a smile as he stretched his hand for a handshake.

"By the way, I'm Han Jung Hee," the leader said. "Business and Economics department, third year."

Yong Hwa took his hand and shook the other leader's hand.

"Jung Yong Hwa-imnida, bangapseumnida," he greeted. "Seonbae."

Jung Hee smiled as he beckoned Yong Hwa to come near.

"I am sure you are familiar with Kwon Ji Yong, the airhead in our department, the nephew of the librarian?"

Yong Hwa suddenly remembered the guy who almost boxed him.

"Actually, he bribed us to have some competition with you and your guys," Jung Hee confessed. "But I told him I don't want to have some competition if I don't even know my rivals."

Yong Hwa did not know how to feel about it--to ease out or get threatened.

"Don't worry, Yong Hwa-ya, if we're in for some competition, it'll be a fair one," Jung Hee said with a wink. "I want to hear you and the band perform during the foundation day."

"Ah, ne, our dean told us about it," Yong Hwa said.

Jung Hee pulled out his wallet, and pulled out his calling card. 

"Here's my calling card," the seonbae said. "If you need anything, just give me a call."

Yong Hwa took the card and read it. 

Han Jung Hee, lead vocalist and lead guitarist, Scorching Blades. 

Yong also read the name of the establishment.

Red Sky RestoBar.

A bar?

"What's this?" he asked his seonbae.

"Oh, that's the bar where we regularly play every Saturday night," Jung Hee said. "If you are interested, I can introduce you to the manager of the bar."

Jung Hee smirked at Yong Hwa's confused expression.

"Actually, our band dreams might end sooner than we think," Jung Hee said. "We are third year in college, and we might get busy by the middle of the year, and we might not have any time to perform."

A good sign?

"So, are you willing?" Jung Hee asked.

Yong looked at his band members, and the guys nodded excitedly.

"We accept," Yong answered.

"Cool!" Jung Hee said. "So, just call me, and we will meet each other on Saturday, four in the afternoon sharp."

"In Red Sky?"

"Ne. Be there."

Before the seonbaes left, Jung Hee scratched his head.

"By the way, I am sure you'll enjoy it there," he said. "A lot of stars and models hang out at night to have some booze or to dance their lives away."

"Models?" Jung Shin and Jong Hyun echoed.

"Daebak!" Min Hyuk said excitedly. 

The guys were excited over meeting a bunch of famous Hallyu stars and beautiful and gorgeous models.

"We will come," Yong Hwa said.

"I'll be expecting you," Jung Hee replied as he winked.

The four guys looked at the seonbaes walking away.

"Whoo! I thought he was gonna scold us or challenge us," Jung Shin said. "I think I'm just scared for nothing."

"That Ji Yong is really a pain in the neck," Yong Hwa said. "Oh, brother...."

"Is it because of Bommie?" Jong Hyun asked. 

He hated how the arrogant Ji Yong did some underhanded tricks just to get close to Bom.

"Maybe," Yong Hwa said dryly. "Let's just hope we will be able to perform on Saturday."

"Let's bring Bom-noona with us," Min Hyuk suggested.

"And Shin Hye too," Jong Hyun said. 

"Shin Hye?" Yong Hwa scoffed. "That girl doesn't even know how to party."

"Geurae?" Jung Shin asked. "So, what are you gonna do? Force her?"

"Ah, there is no need to do that," Yong Hwa said. "Besides, if that girl doesn't want to party no matter how many times we beg or threaten her, she always gets away with her reason."

"Hyung, why don't you try dating her?" Min Hyuk asked.

Yong Hwa looked at his bandmate in shock. "M..mwo?????"

"Ne, you and Shin Hye are close," Jong Hyun .

Yong tried to defend himself but did not know how. As he looked at Jung Shin, the bassist just looked at him solemnly. The bassist figured out that there must be something going on with the leader and Shin Hye, so he did not mention about dating and stuff. It was rather complicated. Yong Hwa looked at him for support.

"Jung Shin-ah..." he pleaded.

"What?" Jung Shin asked.

"Should...should I date her?" was Yong Hwa's hopeless question.

"Hmmm... I don't know," the bassist said.

"Ya, Lee Jung Shin, you bad cheetah!" Yong Hwa snapped.

But the bassist just shrugged. "I don't know. I cannot comment about it."

Jung Shin's POV

Can you really date Shin Hye? It seems to me that both of you have a love-hate relationship, and it is difficult to date in such a state. You might only end up quarreling over petty stuff.

End of POV

Yong shut his eyes in annoyance as the other guitarist and the drummer about the geeky girl.

"Ya! Stop it!"

"And what if we don't?" Jong Hyun asked.

"Arghhhh..." Yong Hwa gritted his teeth in anger.

 

~~~~