Not A Secret Anymore

I've Never Been This Close

The next day, at breakfast, Yong Hwa announced that Shin Hye's officially his yeoja. Jin Young almost choked his coffee, and Jiyeon and Bom squealed in happiness. Jong Hyun and Min Hyuk congratulated Yong Hwa in happiness, while Jung Shin did not say a word.

"But, what about the other Tiffany girl?" Jong Hyun asked him.

Yong Hwa smiled. "I'll just have to tell her the truth by the time we meet again."

He did not tell them that Tiffany was Shin Hye, to give them a bit of surprise. He and Shin Hye agreed to keep the Tiffany-to-Shin Hye link a secret.

"So, Shin Hye-ya, since Yong Hwa-hyung is now your namja, you will not let us pay?" Min Hyuk asked her.

Jin Young cleared his throat, and Shin Hye shot a glare at the drummer.

"AHHHH!!!! Mianhamnida!!!!" the drummer apologized.

******

The five college students went to school together, and by now, Shin Hye allowed Yong Hwa to hold her hand. The girls were crying, and some got so angry that the hottest guy in Seoul dated the ugliest girl in Seoul.

They accompanied Shin Hye to the food booth before they left to enjoy the other booths for the last day of the school foundation day. Jong Hyun and Min Hyuk were teasing Yong Hwa and imagining all of the things that he and Shin Hye were supposed to do now that they're a couple, including...uhm....you know....

"Mwo?" Yong Hwa asked. "If I ask that of her, she'll kill me!"

"Chill, chill!" Jong Hyun said. "By the way, just have her ask Bommie for a makeover. I'm sure she'll get to be a vamp, right Min Hyuk-ah?"

Min Hyuk remembered that dance Shin Hye did in her room with her y top and daisy dukes, so he nodded.

"Agree, Hyung."

"Why are you calling them 'Hyung' when we're all of the same age?" Jung Shin asked Min Hyuk, finally speaking up.

"Because you all act like hyungs to me," Min Hyuk told him. "Excluding you."

Jung Shin rolled his eyeballs.

"Look, let's play basketball," Jong Hyun told the guys.

"I'll pass," Yong Hwa said.

"I'll pass too," Jung Shin said.

"Poor Jong Hyun-ah," Min Hyuk said. "I'll play with you."

The leader and the bassist watched as the drummer and the other guitarist went to the basketball court.

"Can we talk?" Jung Shin asked Yong Hwa.

Yong Hwa noticed the serious tone of the bassist's voice, so he asked.

"What is it?"

"Since when...did you and Shin Hye became lovers?"

Yong Hwa looked at the bassist.

"I'm not jealous or whatever," Jung Shin said. "I just wanna ask."

"Since last night," Yong Hwa admitted.

"Did she.... tell you about her modeling work?" Jung Shin asked.

Yong Hwa shot a glance at the bassist. How did he found out? Jung Shin looked at the band leader and smirked. He explained how he was able to figure it out, from the Lady Gaga night, to the time that Yong Hwa knew that Tiffany was the Lady Gaga, and that Tiffany was a model.

"So, all these times, you know that Shin Hye was Lady Gaga?" Yong Hwa asked.

"Yeah. I just wondered why the three of you did not notice her despite her makeup," Jung Shin said. "That was so easy to figure out."

"Well, we didn't," Yong told him.

"The thing I didn't get is, why did she become a model?" Jung Shin asked.

Yong Hwa explained what Shin Hye had told him.

"She's hiding behind that persona to protect her image, then," Jung Shin said. "But it also gives me the impression that she is not confident with her self."

Yong Hwa looked at Jung Shin sadly. It was definitely true.

"I was thinking of investigating Shin Hye's Saturday whereabouts if you and her had not become lovers," the bassist said.

"Why would you even do that?" Yong Hwa asked.

"Just to satisfy my curiosity," Jung Shin said. "Besides, I think that I might use that information later to help you."

"Guess your plan's not gonna work now," Yong Hwa said.

"I know," Jung Shin said. "But I still want to see her transform from the geek to the model this Saturday."

"Is that why you just gave up your ticket for Bom-noona?" Yong Hwa asked.

"Ne," Jung Shin said. "Also, I am also investigating what Rack Sky really is."

Yong Hwa explained to him what it was, including the liquor bar called "Library."

"That is a place that I certainly would not allow Jiyeon to enter," Jung Shin said.

Yong Hwa smirked. "Oh, so you are being a protective Oppa to her now."

Jung Shin smirked at him, then looked at their other bandmates playing ball.

"Ne. I just missed my little sisters, and you know very well how I am as an Oppa," Jung Shin replied. "Sigh, I miss my fave sister.... Loving Jiyeon makes me remember her...."

Yong Hwa remembered that Jung Shin's fave sister has the same age as Jiyeon. Jung Shin looked back at Yong Hwa.

"Wanna come with me on Saturday?" he asked.

"Are we gonna spy on Shin Hye?" Yong Hwa asked.

"You can say that we will, but as her boyfriend, you need to know where she works," Jung Shin advised him.

"Hmmm... I can ask her that," Yong Hwa said. "But since you know the secret perfectly, that will also mean that I should tell her that you know her secret, and that you are interested in coming along."

The bassist smirked.

"I think it is also blessing in disguise that you gave up your ticket for Jiyeon," he told Yong Hwa.

"I agree."

"Well, how about Min Hyuk and Jong Hyun? When will you tell them the truth?" Jung Shin asked.

Yong Hwa turned to him and patted him on the shoulder. "They will know once Shin Hye is ready."

"By the way," Jung Shin said as he slapped back Yong Hwa's shoulder. "I never told you this but, congratulations."

Yong Hwa nodded and smiled at him. The bassist smiled then looked at the other two doing some dunks. 

"If you had only seen Shin Hye dance y, I'm sure, your mind will totally blow off," Jung Shin thought. "I think you might see it in the near future, Yong Hwa."

~~~~