Meet The Parents

I've Never Been This Close

Annyeong, yeoreobun!

I thought that this fic would be done before Christmas. I guess I'm wrong! I'm totally enjoying this.

Hey, please check out my blog (link provided). This just contains my Christmas greetings to all of you. Thanks for all the love and support. Jeongmal saranghae, chinguya ~~~~♥!

http://www.asianfanfics.com/blog/view/87249

******************************

******************************

That afternoon, after lunch, Jin Young and Shin Hye's abeoji talked over the phone. They were exchanging pleasantries and asking about each other.

"Oh, you know, your daughter has changed," Jin Young said with a smile. "Hyung, you see, she is no longer the Granny Goose she was before."

"Geurae?" Shin Hye's abeoji asked. "Is it because of some boy?"

"I think so, Hyung," Jin Young whispered. "You see, the boy is very responsible, and he has a beautiful smile."

"Aigoo, I am not ready to be a harabeoji just yet!" Shin Hye's abeoji complained. "If that boy will break my little girl's heart, he will suffer!"

"Ah, hehe, Jin Dong-hyung, you don't have to worry," Jin Young assured him. "He is a good boy."

"By the way, Jin Young-ah," Jin Dong said. "My yeobo and I will be on our way to your house."

"M-m-m-mwo????" Jin Young asked in surprised. "Where are you now?"

"Ah, we are in the airport," Jin Dong said. "And oh, Jin Won-hyung and his wifey are with us... Bom will surely be pleased to see her parents too. We will stroll around first, then we will probably arrive before dinner time."

"Ah....n-n-n-ne...." Jin Young said.

"Can we speak to Shin Hye over the phone?" Jin Dong asked.

"Ah....ne.... Please wait, I'll get out of my room," Jin Young said.

****

Meanwhile, Yong Hwa was helping Shin Hye do some calculations and accounting. After all, he was also good with math. As their hands swept against each other, their eyes met, and Shin Hye closed her eyes as Yong Hwa slowly leaned forward to kiss her.

Yong Hwa had been a bit clumsy because he had left the door slightly opened, so that left Jiyeon and Bom to sneak and squeal secretly. But that did not stop them from looking on as the couple kissed.

"Omo Jiyeon-ah, you should not be looking!" Bom whispered to the childish girl.

"Why not, Eonni?" Jiyeon whispered back. "My Seobang and I also kissed."

Bom was taken aback. She had forgotten that this childish girl was already "married" to her Seobang, while she got just to kiss Jung Hee twice in the past.

"Hmmm.... do you think Shin Hye-eonni missed her old look?" Jiyeon asked. "I don't like her blouse."

"That looks pretty decent to me," Bom said. "That, it looks a bit semi-formal though, but it is all right. She's not missing her old look."

Jin Young crept from behind the two girls and whispered. "What are you doing?"

Both girls were startled and hushed him. 

"Appa, don't disturb the lovebirds!" Jiyeon said.

Jin Young peaked inside the room and saw Shin Hye and Yong Hwa still kissing. She had her arms around his neck, and his hands were caressing her back lovingly and tenderly as he pulled her close to his body. Jin Young mouthed a "yahoo" before punching the air.

"What's wrong, Appa?" Jiyeon asked. "What's with the phone?"

Jin Young looked at the two girls. 

"You see, your parents will be here before dinner," he told Bom.

"Mworaguyo????" Bom asked in shock.

They saw that Yong Hwa and Shin Hye broke from their intense kissing and looked at them from inside.

"Bom-eonni?" Shin Hye called out from inside. The three people cringed, then Jin Young got inside the room.

"Mianhae, Shin Hye-ya," Jin Young said, handing her the phone. "Your Appa."

"Mwo?" Shin Hye asked in shock, as if she had been caught guilty of doing something wrong.

She got the phone and talked with her daddy dear.

"Yeoboseyo? Ne, Appa," Shin Hye said sweetly.

Yong Hwa looked at her, feeling some sweat dripping from his forehead.

"Mwo? You'll be coming before dinner?" he heard her say. "Ah...ne....ne.... I miss you and Eomma."

As she hung up the call, she told Yong Hwa that her parents will be coming over, and she told him not to worry.

"Uncle Jin Young?" Shin Hye asked as she stood up and went out of her room to return the phone.

But Jin Young was not there.

*******

Jin Young had a meeting downstairs with the rest of the guys.

"Shin Hye's bumonim and Bom's bumonim will be coming over," Jin Young told them.

"Yehey, we will finally meet Bom-noona's parents, and I will ask for her hand in marriage!" Min Hyuk cheered.

"That's not the case, Min Hyuk-ah," Jin Young said to the guys. "Bom's parents are really strict. That is why Bom is like that, prim and proper and can cook, because she had been brought in a really strict environment."

"My Appa is the coolest among the three," Jiyeon said. "Uncle Jin Won, Bom-eonni's appa, is wary with guys."

Jong Hyun swallowed a large lump of saliva. "So, th-th-that means.... I cannot flirt with Bommie?"

"Correct," Jin Young said.

"I'm not worried," Min Hyuk said happily. "I don't flirt with Bom-noona, and they will probably think that I am a teddy bear of Noona's...."

And Jin Young hit Min Hyuk with a rolled-up newspaper. 

"Aya!!!!"

"While Jin Won-hyung is around, Bom is off limits to the guys," Jin Young told the guys.

The three looked at Bom helplessly as she hid her smiles behind her hand. They could not help but fall in love at the unreachable Bom.

"Bommie, kiss me again...." Jong Hyun begged as he ran and sat beside Bom.

"No, kiss me, Noona," Jung Shin pleaded as he sat on the other side.

"No, me!" Min Hyuk shouted as he knelt in front of Bom.

"Now what, Eonni?" Jiyeon asked. "Who among the cuties will you choose?"

Bom looked at the guys helplessly. She just did not feel anything for them.

"Just remember too that your father disapproved of your relationship with Jung Hee," Jin Young reminded her. "Because you are still a student."

"I know," Bom said to Jin Young.

To the guys, she smiled sadly and told them that it was the reason why she could not accept suitors.

"We will wait, Bommie," Jong Hyun said.

"But by the time I graduate, you will be going to third year," Bom said.

"Wait for us, Bommie," Jong Hyun persisted.

"That is why I told you to find someone your age or someone younger," Bom told them.

"But I like you," Jung Shin told her.

"Mianhae...." Bom said.

She cupped each guy's face and kissed their forehead one by one.

"Mianhae...." she said.

"We will stop flirting with you just yet while your bumonim are here," Jung Shin said to Bom. "But we will flirt with you when they go home to the province. Whohooo!!!!"

"Bad boy!" Jin Young said as he hit the bassist with the rolled up newspaper.

"Aya!!!!"

"So now, Jong Hyun and Jung Shin, buy some extra food for the visitors," Jin Young told the guys. "And Jiyeon will go with you so that you will know what foods my hyungs are allergic to."

"Jinjja?" Jong Hyun asked. 

"Yehey, I get to be with my Jung Shin-eonni...." Jiyeon said again in aegyo style.

"Since Shin Hye cleaned the house yesterday, there will be no problem," Jin Young said. "Bom and Min Hyuk will cook food while I prepare the two rooms upstairs."

"How about us?' Shin Hye asked as she descended the stairs with Yong Hwa.

"Oh, I forgot," Jin Young said. "Shin Hye and Yong Hwa, just clean one room together, and I'll clean the other one."

And so, they did their part of the plan.

*****

There were eight rooms in the house, two downstairs (where our boys were staying), and six upstairs (where the family are staying)....leaving two rooms vacant, locked, and dusty.

Shin Hye and Yong Hwa brought in the cleaning materials inside the room.

"Ya, you are allergic to eggs, peanuts, and crustaceans," Yong Hwa told her. "Are you also allergic to dust?"

"Ne," Shin Hye said. "That's why I need to dampen the washcloth. And oh, I am not allergic to peanuts."

"But you said that Tiffany doesn't like peanuts," Yong Hwa said.

"I just said that so I will have something to talk about," she said.

As she put the cleaning materials on the floor, he pulled her waist and pulled her close to him.

"Want some more lovin', Jagiya?" he asked.

"Ne," she said.

"I didn't know Miss Minchin knows how to flirt," he .

"Ya! Stop calling me Miss Minchin," she frowned.

He took delight of her frowning face since he found her cute. She began wrapping her arms around his neck and pulled herself closer to him.

"Ready for Round 7?" she asked him sweetly.

"Round 7?" he asked.

"Ne, we had six rounds of kissing sessions today," she said. "So if we kiss today, it will be the seventh."

Yong Hwa rolled his eyeballs as he laughed. Really, how could she not include math in everything she does?

"I don't mind," he said. "Even if we reach Round 100 today."

"Jinjja?" Shin Hye asked excitedly.

"You're a naughty girl," he whispered.

And so, he leaned forward and rewarded her with his kisses. She pulled herself closer and gave him a kiss as deep as his, and he loved the feeling of her bumpy chest pushing harshly and yet tenderly against his flat chest. He loved caressing her hair with one hand, and rubbing her back with his other hand. The feeling of heat just won't stop.

And finally, she cut in first.

"Let's stop this for now, Jagiya," she said to him. "We need to clean the room."

"Oh, but we will not reach Round 100," Yong Hwa said.

"Oh, that's fine," she said. "We can start with another Round 1 tomorrow."

They got back to wholesome mode and started cleaning the room. It was so dusty that Shin Hye wore a face mask and gave one to her namja. After being comfortable with their masks, they started working. It was still far from dinner time, but they needed to hurry up, or else the visitors might find their room still dirty.

After they finished cleaning the room, Shin Hye helped her uncle clean the other room.

*****

The rooms were all cleaned, the food all cooked. All they would be waiting for were the visitors. And at last, the doorbell rang. Min Hyuk ran out of the house and opened the gate. He saw four people who looked older than Jin Young, so he greeted them politely.

"Annyeong haseyo?" he said with a smile.

Jin Dong-appa looked at Min Hyuk, and remembered what Jin Young said: the boy has a beautiful smile. Min Hyuk's smile was really captivating and cute, but he looked like a raccoon, a hamster, or a wet cat because he was so unkempt.

"Is this the boy that my little girl Shin Hye likes?????" the abeoji roared.

"Ah????" Min Hyuk asked, stuck in his place.

Just then, the other guys and Jiyeon came and met them outside the gate, and the younger ones greeted the elders politely. The women kissed Jiyeon's forehead, while the elder men looked at the younger guys in contempt.

"You," Jin Dong pointed at Jong Hyun after noticing his smile. "Are you the boyfriend of my daughter Shin Hye?"

He did not like Jong Hyun's piercing eyes, which looked back at him in confusion. But Jong Hyun shook his head and denied. He turned to Jiyeon and asked, but Jiyeon denied as much as Jong Hyun did. Jin Dong looked at Jung Shin, eyeing him from head to toe.

"You, young lady," Jin Dong said to Jung Shin, "Could you tell us who Shin Hye's little boyfriend is????"

Jung Shin looked at him in confusion before breaking into a smile. "Abeoji, I am not a girl."

Jin Won looked at the bassist from head to toe, noticing his smile and his--OMG--long hair.

"So are you Shin Hye's boyfriend????" Jin Won asked. "Why would she choose someone with long hair?"

"Ah, anio...." Jung Shin hastily replied.

"These guys are not Shin Hye-eonni's namja," Jiyeon told the elder men.

Jin Won and Jin Dong concluded that it must really be Min Hyuk, so the gathered around the young man.

"Admit it, boy!" they roared.

"T_T But I am not her namjachingu...." Min Hyuk reasoned out.

 "He's not Shin Hye-eonni's namjachingu either," Jiyeon corrected the elder men. "Please come in."

Just in time for Shin Hye, Yong Hwa, and Jin Young to come out.

"Appa, Eomma!" Shin Hye squealed as she ran to her parents.

Jin Young greeted his hyungs and his sisters-in-law. Yong Hwa also greeted the newcomers, and just then, the two hyungs looked at him. Yong Hwa looked at them with his toothy grin.

"Are you Shin Hye's boyfriend?" Jin Dong roared.

"Ah...ne," Yong Hwa replied politely.

The two men looked at the young man in great scrutiny. Yong Hwa felt uncomfortable, so he introduced himself in the most polite way. Both men were impressed, and Jin Dong placed a hand on Yong Hwa's shoulder before looking at Shin Hye.

"You have chosen the best guy," he told his daughter.

Shin Hye nodded, too proud of her Yong Hwa. Her Yong Hwa ♥.

"Annyeong hashimnikka, Appa, Eomma?" Bom greeted her parents formally when she got out of the door.

Her parents hugged her too, and they reunited. But to Jong Hyun, Bom acted too formally in front of her parents, unlike the way she carried herself in front of her uncle, her other cousins, and in front of the guys. Uncle Jin Young was right after all.

"Maybe her parents are really strict," he thought sadly.

 

♥