What Should I Do?

I've Never Been This Close

Yong Hwa and the guys were inside Jong Hyun's room, calculating their expenses, including their allowances for the week. Min Hyuk noticed that Yong Hwa was sighing quite a lot.

"Gwaenchanha?" the cat guy asked as he tapped Yong Hwa on the shoulders.

Yong Hwa sighed again.

"I know that the three of you have experiences on this," he told them.

"Experience on what?" Jong Hyun asked seriously.

"Oh, experience on, you know, the three-letter word that starts with 's'?" Jung Shin asked mischievously.

Jong Hyun and Min Hyuk began laughing and exchanged high-fives with Jung Shin.

"Wae, Jung Shin-ah?" Yong Hwa asked. "Have you experienced it?" 

"Ne, it's super hot!" Jung Shin said.

"How come we never knew that?" Jong Hyun asked him.

"Because that was just a joke," Jung Shin said. "Do you think I would even do that?"

"Be serious, Jung Shin-ah," Yong Hwa said.

"What experience are you talking about if it is not the 's' word?" Jung Shin asked.

Yong Hwa sighed again. "Dating."

The three other guys looked at each other before exchanging high-fives again.

"Whoah! Like, isn't your lunch date with Shin Hye this noon a date already?" Jung Shin .

"You are so lame," Jong Hyun told him. "Don't tell me you have never dated your multiple crushes before."

"I don't have the money to buy even the cheapest tteokbokki for them," Yong Hwa said.

"You and Shin Hye are really meant to be," Min Hyuk said. "Both of you are stingy."

"You know, I am just a poor country boy like you," Yong Hwa told his friends. "How could I give gifts to girls that I had wanted to court before? It's just now that I have money to spend."

Jong Hyun gave him dating tips because he had been dating a lot of girls before, even on a tight budget.

(Ohhhh.... how about me, Jong Hyun-ah? T_T)

"Oh, you must really be rich, Jong Hyun-ah," Jung Shin .

"Guys, is it good to give a single rose or a bouquet?" Yong Hwa asked them.

"I like to give a bouquet of pink roses," Min Hyuk said.

"A single red rosebud almost in bloom would be romantic," Jung Shin said.

"Three red roses would be beautiful," Jong Hyun said.

(Please....Jung Shin-ah and Jong Hyun-ah, please give them to me....)

"Hmmm.... you guys have different tastes, and I am confused," Yong Hwa said.

"In short, just give what you can afford,' Jong Hyun said as he counted his money. "It's the thought that counts."

Yong Hwa thought for a while.

"You're right," he said. "I think I could give her roses, then."

"When do you plan to give it?" Jung Shin asked.

"I think... this Saturday during our performance," Yong Hwa said. "How about restaurants? Can you give me good ones?"

The three guys looked at each other.

"You know very much that we cannot afford ritzy restaurants and stuff," Jong Hyun said.

"How about if we ask Jiyeon?' Min Hyuk asked Jung Shin.

"Maybe Bom knows more," Yong Hwa said.

The three guys shut up. They did not want to do anything with Bom anymore.

"Mianhae...." Yong Hwa said. "I...I did not mean to."

"What do you mean, you didn't mean to?" Jong Hyun asked.

Jong Hyun and Min Hyuk did not know that Jung Shin also confessed, and they did not know that Yong Hwa knew about it. And Yong Hwa told him what he knew.

"So, Bom told you, Jung Shin-ah?" Jong Hyun asked him, and the bassist nodded.

"Let's not talk about it, arasseo?" Yong Hwa said. "I'll just search in the internet."

"The better," Jong Hyun said. "I am tired of giving out my heart."

"Me too," Jung Shin said. "I'd rather date Kim Hyun Ah from the next class."

"I'd stay single!" Min Hyuk said. 

"Don't be desperate, guys," Yong Hwa told them. "The right girl will come for you."

Jong Hyun and Min Hyuk said that they will never love again, and Jung Shin said that he had to wait for six months before he will go on dating Hyun Ah. They all needed time to move on.

"We will not look for love at this point in time, Chinguya," Jung Shin said. "We will support your fairy tale love story with Shin Hye."

"Ne, we will be your avid fans," Min Hyuk said.

"Autograph please?" Jong Hyun joked.

"Ya! I am not a celebrity," Yong Hwa snapped.

"You're not, but your love story is a box-office hit," Jong Hyun said. "There are a lot of fans already, including a certain you."

"Gomawo," Yong Hwa said to his friends.

*******

Jung Shin was already asleep when Yong Hwa continued his research on possible restaurants where he could take Shin Hye out. There were quite a lot, but most of them were expensive. Even in the simple restaurants, he could not afford them. So aching was his head that he gave up and thought of continuing the next day.

After all, he still had three days to decide.

Or, if he had to follow what Jong Hyun said, he needed to spend what he could afford. 

"He's right," Yong Hwa thought. "If I have a good job, I can already take Shin Hye out to fabulous restaurants. As of now, I should try to make use of what I have."